Expert Statement Analysis on Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you've ever smelt human decomposition, but it is a powerful and unforgettable odor.
It gets stuck in your nostrils and you can smell it long after you have left the direct area.

My point is that you NEVER forget the first time you smell it, and by saying the first time, he may be insinuating that he has never smelled anything like it before in his life.

It's also possible that he could still smell it as he passed the garage door, and was kinda 'braced' for it, so it was only 'that bad' the first pass.

However, the explanation doesn't negate the fact that he chuckled, even if he had no clue what that odor was, and even allowing for a nervous giggle, the stench is stomach churning and would never result in a smile - a grimace is more appropriate.

Why was the car in the garage though? Why take that smell into a confined space? Surely the driveway was a better place to 'air' it. It's very hot and humid in Fl, I can't imagine doing anything 'smelly' in the confines of my garage.

I don't see him saying this as having anything to do with the smell of human decomp. If it did, he would have said he'd never smelled anything like that before. It was extremely awkwardly worded, even allowing for the fact that the Anthonys all talk like they're from Mars and not only English but Earth languages are a mystery to them.

It makes no sense for him to toss in that he hadn't smelled this specific smell from the car until that moment when no one had asked him if he'd smelled it earlier.

On Casey's interview with LE, this part where she talks about what she does when she can't find Caylee at Sawgrass, is interesting. She starts out in past tense, which is where she should be, as it happened in the past, but when she gets into the story she starts "making it up as she goes along" and by mistake uses some present tense language. A major indicator of deception is the switch from past tense to present tense.The past tense comes from memory, but when the person is struggling to make up the story they are so concentrated on giving the person the story that they forget to translate it into past tense. Now if she was really recalling what happened from her memory, she wouldn't have to translate from present to past tense, it would all come out as past tense, without any effort on the story tellers part.

Casey, "I got off work, left Universal driving back to pick up Caylee like a normal day."

She says, "driving back" instead of drove back.

Casey, "And I show up at the apartment, knock on the door. Nobody answers. So, I called Zenaida's cell phone and it's out of service. "

Again if she was recalling from her memory and it was an event that really happened, she would have said I showed up at the apartment and knocked on the door. Nobody answered. She goes back into past tense with "I called Zenaida's phone" then slips back to present tense with "it's out of service" which should be, it was out of service.

Casey, "So I sit down on the steps and wait for a little bit to see if maybe it was just a fluke, if something happened."

Her first mistake is "I sit down on the steps and wait for a little bit" when it should have been past tense, if it really happened. It should have been, I sat down on the steps and waited for a little bit.

Casey, "Noone showed up to the house so I went over to Jay Blanchard Park and checked a couple other places where maybe possibly they"would've gone. A couple stores just regular places that I know Zenaida shops at and shes taken Caylee before."

Another mistake she starts to make is not using "I" before her statements, ie; A couple stores. This shows that she is distancing herself from the statement somewhat.

These are just things I picked up, as a novice, from reading different articles on the subject. If someone with more knowledge has corrections or things to add, please feel free.

thank you for posting this. I really think that part of what KC said was the truth - and it applied to what she did right after Caylee died:
**"So I sit down on the steps and wait for a little bit to see if maybe it was just a fluke, if something happened."
**"Noone showed up to the house"

I wonder what his thoughts are on Casey's use of the word ABSOLUTELY all the time? Seems like that is her favorite word. Probably doesn't mean anything. But it is annoying to hear her say that.

His take on that would be interesting, and it's not just 'absolutely,' which seems to be her favorite, it's one adverb after another after another. She loads her sentences and paragraphs with them. She also says 'I KNOW that,' or similar words alot.

I have to disagree. I'm sorry is a polite way in the south to say, "what? I didn't hear you, or huh?". If you go to other parts of the country outside of the south and say "I'm sorry," you get looked at weird. But, for living here in Florida, it's said all the time.

I don’t think that the writer is referring to any particular phrase. What he said was that answering a question with a question is a stall tactic. “I’m sorry, Excuse me, Come again?” would all qualify. Very interesting link.

I found this article very interesting and wanted to share it.

Casey was arrested on July 16, 2008 and made a telephone call to her mother from the Orange County Jail. The practice of most detention centers is to record any phone calls made by an inmate. On July 25, the Orange County Jail released Casey's 13-minute telephone call. During the call Casey made the following statements.
"I have no clue where Caylee is."

http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7673

The use of past tense

Q. Favorite places to go? I guess Universal is one of them.
A. As a theatrical thing of course but she liked J. Blanchard Park going to
Lake Underhill and walk around the lake.
Q. Where about in the park did she like the best?
A. The playgrounds. She liked to just attempt to run around Lake Underhill.
She liked to go and walk the big trail at J. Blanchard Park.
Q. That’s a big trail.
A. She loved that.

I do not need the techniques in this case (but I do find them helpful) but in Casey's case I don't trust a word she says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500