Explosion Boston Marathon #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that the marathon was the sole target and intent; it's the third Monday in April, Patriots' Day in Massachusetts.

Fox reporter is saying that from what she saw a building exploded.

Saying at least three dead.

I was watching fox news and they showed a man in a wheelchair and it looked like both his legs were gone. they cut away with the camera real quick but i think thats what i saw.

I was watching fox news and they showed a man in a wheelchair and it looked like both his legs were gone. they cut away with the camera real quick but i think thats what i saw.

After a suicide was accidently aired LIVE on Fox(which I saw), they have in place a delay now.

I heard live though a bystander said "they are dead".

Memories of 911 are flooding back. This is horrible.

DC Debbie ‏@DCdebbie 3m
BREAKING NEWS - POLICE ON SCENE REPORTING ANOTHER DEVICE FOUND IN FRONT OF MANDARIN HOTEL. Evacuations in progress. Boston Marathon

What is wrong with people? My prayers are with the families of all those hurt/deceased.

this is just horrific

prayers to all effected :rose:

OMG an empty overturned stroller in that one pic, my heart just sank....

Security being stepped up across NYC per Fox News.

I thought I saw that too but haven't seen anyone else say anything about it anywhere so I don't know. Whatever it was, Shepard Smith said, "My God," and they cut away right after that.

Counter terrorism vehicles deployed around landmarks in Manhattan including prominent hotels. Per Fox News

According to tweets, Mandarin Oriental and Prudential Center evacuations ordered.

Fox reporter is saying that from what she saw a building exploded.

Saying at least three dead.

This is the same part of town where we've had several serious explosions in the past year -- two were transformer explosions, and it seems like one was a short circuit that involved a manhole cover. There's also a lot of construction in the immediate area.

But it sounds like they're pretty sure it's a bomb. Nothing certain at this point however.

At the peak of the marathon, there could have been a hundred thousand people packed into that street.

I had my son at home put on local Boston news, they're saying lots of smoke and windows blown out for at least several blocks. :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43