Facebook - Missing Kyron Horman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the HLN segment.

Was it presented as above? Or was it obviously trying to fuel the flames of speculation against Terri? If the latter, that's pretty disgusting.
The material was presented in a more "matter of fact" tone, than trying to "diss" TH (at least that's how I took it). Kinda like they werer saying - here's what we've found, now draw your own conclusions. Like I said it was very short - I was expecting more but they went to commercial and when they came back it was on to something else.

The material was presented in a more "matter of fact" tone, than trying to "diss" TH (at least that's how I took it). Kinda like they werer saying - here's what we've found, now draw your own conclusions. Like I said it was very short - I was expecting more but they went to commercial and when they came back it was on to something else.

Well, to clarify my question, did they describe the photos? (baby having a tantrum, Kyron goofing around)

Well, to clarify my question, did they describe the photos? (baby having a tantrum, Kyron goofing around)
No, not at all. Just said "a picture" with this caption......... And they only talked about those 2 pics specifically - then moved on to the "changing of the profile pics".

Like puf says - a mountain out of a mole hill. There are many other "things" concerning TH that would interest me if I was LE investigating this crime.

The thread is titled "missing kyron horman facebook" page. So why are we discussing HLN and then onto what is on TH facebook?
The "Missing" page exists and a lot needs to be said about it. Like how horrible people can be and how freedom of speech does not apply in all cases!

I have a picture of one of my 4 grands... He is a monkey let me tell you. He was about 1 and had dumped a bowl of spaghetti over his head. The bowl fell to the floor but he had this spaghetti hanging all over his head. Caption..... Spaghetti Head. Not online though.

But, should something have happened to that baby with a caption like that it could be viewed in a very negative light.

I've read that those FB comments (about 'real daughter') were misunderstood because the tone doesn't get conveyed through captions. Supposedly the picture depicts the little girl screaming or something/mouth wide open and the comment is referring to that's how that little girl is ... i.e. when she's being 'REAL,' behavior-wise Like she's throwing a tantrum. If that's true, that's a FAR CRY different from the interpretations that have been given all over the place.

Context is so important...got to know the context of captions on pictures because it's very easy to assume incorrectly.

Exactly. One picture was her daughter calm and looking like an angel. A friend commented that her daughter looked just like her and terri thanked her and said 'too bad you cant see the horns' then the next picture was a silly one (and appeared to have been taken at the same time, in the same chair, same outfit) and it looked like she was growling or saying AHHHHhh! and the caption was "ah yes my REAL daughter" which was joke and also a reference to the prior picture with her behaving the oppositely.

I think everyone knows where I stand on Terri....

And I'll be the first to say that this is a mountain being made from a molehill. The pictures were not even in the same album, and the caption did not mean that this is my real daughter opposed to Kyron. The caption meant this is my real daugter--see, she's got my temper.

The caption about Kyron was him with his easter basket on his head. And the caption, paraphrased, was "I just don't know about him anymore."

Now, if you were to put those captions together, you'd have, This is my real daughter but I don't know about him anymore.

That was not the spirit of the captions though.

Not at all. This IS making a mountain from a molehill.

Terri typed "I just dont even ask anymore..." and the comments below were in regards to Kyron acting a lot like his dad

I guess this is okay to say since people are discussing the captions? I think those captions, even in the correct context, could possibly show a general attitude that isn't all that tolerant towards both kids. They also don't make much sense. A toddler acting up is perfectly normal and not something kids do constantly, so it's not the "real" child. A little boy putting a basket on his head for a funny pic really is funny and nothing to "not know about". The statements were also actually contradicting her friend. However, there's nothing suspicious or making a murderer out of her for saying those things.

I posted this on the first TH thread:

...to verify...in the album, there are several images from Easter where the little girl is smiling, etc. and then one where she looks like she is screaming, showing a bit of personality. Under this photo, the caption still reads verbatim "Ahh, yes, my REAL daughter!". As much as I suspect Terri, I don't think the comments mean anything at all.

Later in the album, an image of Kyron is shown with his truck Easter basket on his head, the comment reads verbatim "I just don't even ask anymore..." which I read as a joke.

The one thing that makes me sad is that in most of the photos her daughter is dressed to impress, cute clothes, always looks nice while Kyron appears to have hand me downs, grungy pants, and stained shirts. Perhaps it's just the nature of boys vs. girls, but that did stand out to me.

I think those captions, even in the correct context, could possibly show a general attitude that isn't all that tolerant towards both kids.

Well, if you knew SM personally, and could hear her voice & tone saying that in your head, you might think differently.

I don't read much into those captions because of that.

I guess I'm too old to understand why her FB account wasn't a private one. I don't really get FB at all. I have an account so I can keep track of my kids' accounts. Nothing personal is on there, especially not pictures. Those I can email or snail mail to interested people, and I have no interest in sharing them with every Tom, Dick and Harry.

So take what I have to say about FB with a grain of salt.

If anyone wants to PM me with the reason why so many teenage girls and women pose bent over with their hands on their knees in their FB profile pictures, please enlighten me. That gets on my nerves more than anything.

Okay, so I am old and curmudgeonly,
RC

Ok, on the missing Kyron Page, under the post about Discussion Board Closure that was posted on Friday... there is a comment made Friday at 9:55pm by a close friend of Tony.·
He is talking about how the page shut down the discussion thread and is saying this is not a good idea (to close it) because misinformation and spoofs are important in cases like this. That internet rumors are very necessary for this case.

...I am not sure is he is saying that blaming stepmom is the spoof or if he is referring to the news story that claimed they found his body.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/note.php?note_id=126007597436673&comments

make sure you click on the link to view previous comments, under the post about shutting down the discussion board.

The thread is titled "missing kyron horman facebook" page. So why are we discussing HLN and then onto what is on TH facebook?
The "Missing" page exists and a lot needs to be said about it. Like how horrible people can be and how freedom of speech does not apply in all cases!

I think HLN and TH's facebook are relevant to "Kyron Horman Missing" because: once TH's facebook page went private, it is off limits in this forum. "Missing Kyron Horman" originated while TH's facebook page was public and many family friends and the facebook public may have been given access to her private comments that are not allowed to be referenced here. To be specific, HNL broadcast a segment that I have not seen, but it discussed a few pictures and posts that were not allowed to be brought up at WS unless they were backed up by credible news sources...Once reported, we can discuss per the above guidelines because it's public knowledge...That's the tie that binds.

While this thread is about the Missing Kyron Horman's facebook page, due to the delicate nature and fact vs. rumor, and WS TOS, we tread lightly on what can be discussed as a lot of things are brought up on the public Missing Kyron page that are not okay here....

Tony's friend also posted on June 15 at 10:31pm under a link titled "Profiler puzzled by mum police on Kyron case "

Here he says that the police are using silence to make their suspect crack.
He says that suspects can get upset if they do not get media attention they want. So they are not giving any attention and hoping they will slip up to beg for it.

He mentions that step-dad is a cop and there is a chance that this is being done to silence the stepdad or pay him back for an arrest or trial.

He then says that out of the 4 parents he only sees one as suspect. That dad was at work and that mom and stepdad were too far away.
He says that he hopes the suspect HAS Kyron, alive.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!...d=125105840858818&comments=1#s125105840858818

:blushing: That said - I am glad to have a thread on this topic and hope we can stay in TOS parameters - this website is listed on Multnomah County Sheriff's website as a link for Kyron - it reminds us of what is unfilteredly being accused and also see what is being said in her defense...it is an interesting forum, though the comment board is absolutely tragic at times. It is a sad snapshot of what happens in this day and age of public information and participation...

I personally appreciate that most people who know the family are members of this group, and know it must be unbearable at times to read some of the comments. I give them hats off for staying strong for Kyron and keeping with the group. they really tried to stay absolute free speech as long as possible, and only took the "discussion board" down a few nights ago...

:blushing: That said - I am glad to have a thread on this topic and hope we can stay in TOS parameters - this website is listed on Multnomah County Sheriff's website as a link for Kyron - it reminds us of what is unfilteredly being accused and also see what is being said in her defense...it is an interesting forum, though the comment board is absolutely tragic at times. It is a sad snapshot of what happens in this day and age of public information and participation...

I personally appreciate that most people who know the family are members of this group, and know it must be unbearable at times to read some of the comments. I give them hats off for staying strong for Kyron and keeping with the group. they really tried to stay absolute free speech as long as possible, and only took the "discussion board" down a few nights ago...

It is common amongst the cases I have seen for the discussion boards to go up and down as the rumours get vicious, and then the family tries again because they really do want to know what's being said out there, and then they have to shut it down again, so on and so on.

It really must be horrible for family members to read those things, at times.

I posted this on the first TH thread:

...to verify...in the album, there are several images from Easter where the little girl is smiling, etc. and then one where she looks like she is screaming, showing a bit of personality. Under this photo, the caption still reads verbatim "Ahh, yes, my REAL daughter!". As much as I suspect Terri, I don't think the comments mean anything at all.

Later in the album, an image of Kyron is shown with his truck Easter basket on his head, the comment reads verbatim "I just don't even ask anymore..." which I read as a joke.

The one thing that makes me sad is that in most of the photos her daughter is dressed to impress, cute clothes, always looks nice while Kyron appears to have hand me downs, grungy pants, and stained shirts. Perhaps it's just the nature of boys vs. girls, but that did stand out to me.

BBM

I have had a father, two husbands, two fathers-in-laws, several brothers-in-laws, two sons and a grandson. I think her comment was meant as a joke in the way of I just don't understand men/boys and never will. I have never myself ever understood the way men and boys think and why they think some things are so funny!

I didn't have girls, but I do know that my two boys were much more comfortable in large comfortable shirts and pants. Neither one of my boys EVER wanted to dress up in nice shirts and pants. JMO

Tony's friend also posted on June 15 at 10:31pm under a link titled "Profiler puzzled by mum police on Kyron case "

Here he says that the police are using silence to make their suspect crack.
He says that suspects can get upset if they do not get media attention they want. So they are not giving any attention and hoping they will slip up to beg for it.

He mentions that step-dad is a cop and there is a chance that this is being done to silence the stepdad or pay him back for an arrest or trial.

He then says that out of the 4 parents he only sees one as suspect. That dad was at work and that mom and stepdad were too far away.
He says that he hopes the suspect HAS Kyron, alive.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!...d=125105840858818&comments=1#s125105840858818

Where has it been established that Kaine was at work that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici