Facebook -MySpace- Social networking pages for Anna

I changed my fb to public. Does this change the advertisements?
No, they're still there: Posts from Tanya Fordham about her Avon business and Sharon Metcalfe soliciting donations. Only the creator can delete these posts, which have been up for months and which have nothing to do with our case.

Ok, then it is Berns FB page with the two spam posts?

The spam posts are on the one I linked above-unsure myself who owns it. But they are spam messages added to the wall from Tanya Fordham and Sharon Metcalfe as Annasmom posted above.

Can the owner of this FB page please remove the two spam posts per Annasmoms request?

thank you!

I this one yours Sherlock?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000869460452#!/profile.php?id=534232123

Annasmom was talking about the two visitor messages or posts that are both spam posts and not at all related to Annas case. One is for Avon, the other Ebay and they can be read on the Wall. Whoever owns this FB has to remove the messages from the wall.

hth

The link above is a FB page not a public group page. The 2 people that are posting ads have been joined as friends by whoever started this page. The person who started the page will have to ask them not to post ads but I'm not sure if they can remove the ads they have already posted. Cubby and Bern are both friends on this page so if you don't know who has started the page then I would suggest that either Cubby or Bern put up a post to ask these people to stop posting ads as per Annasmom's request and you could also PM the page owner to find out who it is. Failing that Annasmom could contact FB and ask them to close the page down, they may or may not do so.

I don't think this is Bern's page as she is a friend on the page.

The link above is a FB page not a public group page. The 2 people that are posting ads have been joined as friends by whoever started this page. The person who started the page will have to ask them not to post ads but I'm not sure if they can remove the ads they have already posted. Cubby and Bern are both friends on this page so if you don't know who has started the page then I would suggest that either Cubby or Bern put up a post to ask these people to stop posting ads as per Annasmom's request and you could also PM the page owner to find out who it is. Failing that Annasmom could contact FB and ask them to close the page down, they may or may not do so.

I don't think this is Bern's page as she is a friend on the page.

The spam ads are now gone, but I would really like to know who is administering this page. It's a little odd not to know.

The spam ads are now gone, but I would really like to know who is administering this page. It's a little odd not to know.

Hi Annasmom,

I just had another look and you, Doug, some of your family and a few WS'ers are also friends on this page, so it must be owned by one of your family or someone on WS, that would be my guess. You could send a message to the owner to find out who it it.

This page is locked so the public can't read anything that is posted, which kind of defeats the purpose of getting Anna's story out there.

There is no admin on this as it is not a group page, who ever it is has started this as a normal FB page.

i am on both the group page and the fb page for her i remember when i got the link for the fb page to join but not sure who created that page. only way to find out is to email the acw fb page and ask them who they are

i am on both the group page and the fb page for her i remember when i got the link for the fb page to join but not sure who created that page. only way to find out is to email the acw fb page and ask them who they are
Hi, Smile! Haven't seen you here for a while. I was just having a senior moment when I couldn't remember who started that page. I did e-mail the page and ask who they were (she probably thought I was nuts). It was SherlockJr and she took the spam off.

I am going to put Anna's picture as my default photo on my facebook for the rest of January and February to hopefully bring new awareness to her case. I will also post details of her disappearance on my status. I plan to change the photo at least once a week and will likely post photos of GB as well. I challenge all of you that have FB, MySpace twitter etc., to do the same. This new medium is a powerful tool that we should fully utilize.

Also, I have friend requested Anna's FB page but have not heard back. I think that it would be good to have that page to reference in my post if anyone here knows who is managing it.

I am going to put Anna's picture as my default photo on my facebook for the rest of January and February to hopefully bring new awareness to her case. I will also post details of her disappearance on my status. I plan to change the photo at least once a week and will likely post photos of GB as well. I challenge all of you that have FB, MySpace twitter etc., to do the same. This new medium is a powerful tool that we should fully utilize.

Also, I have friend requested Anna's FB page but have not heard back. I think that it would be good to have that page to reference in my post if anyone here knows who is managing it.

There are two Facebook pages for Anna. The one titled Anna Christian Waters is managed by SherlockJr, and the one called Anna Christian Waters Missing is managed by Sidekick.

I have very sad news about Joe Ford and would like to ask Websleuthers to pray for him. He has Stage Three cancer and is being moved into a nursing home. I am sure that your prayers will ease his suffering. Certainly he has spent a large part of his life searching for Anna, who was like a daughter to him.

I am unable to find Sidekick's FB page (Anna Waters Missing) and think she may have taken it down. SherlockJr's page is still up. Would you send me a FB friend request? (PM if you don't know my name.)

There is a seperate thread here in Annasforum, for the social media sites for Anna. I'm going to merge the two, so we have the social networking sites/information for Annas case in one thread. The links for the various FB and myspace pages are within this thread.

How odd; My FB Group is 'Public' - clicked 'This Group is Open' (once on FB)
And.. there are no ads from EBAY of AVON on MY FB for Anna. Only regular advertising on the right side.

What I did do just now is 'allow' my FB page to be on Search Engines, ie: Google. If you type in Anna Waters Missing you can now see this page come up on Google and anyone can join. I think I kept this part private before because it is part of my profile and I am private on search engines!

Anna Christian Waters Missing, January 1973 Half Moon Bay
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=6080498620

Above is the link for Sidekicks FB group for Anna. The link is still working for me.

hth

I had a positive response from changing my Facebook profile picture to one of Anna. I had 27 "likes" and 5 of my friends actually put Anna's photo and info on their profiles as well. Who knows how many more people learned about Anna's story because of one simple gesture. Imagine if we all did it. Anna might go viral! Anyway, it gave me a few new ideas.

1. If you no one has already, I would like to suggest making a profile for Anna on MyLife. If you have a paid membership you can find out who has performed a Google search on Anna. Sometimes you get a name, sex, location, other times, just age, sex and location. I know that there would be many searches by us sleuths, but maybe it would expose others.

2. Footnote.com allows you to make an entry on any person, living or not, that is fully searchable in Google. This isn't like a message board. This entry becomes part of their database and has the potential of reaching millions of current and future researchers.

3. Google's offers an analytic product to use with your website and blog. It is actually a tool to assist in SEO. It isn't designed give much information other than the IP address and of course location. Another great tool is Google keyword searches. You can see what keyword(s) or search term(s) were used to find a particular subject.

4. I think that MySpace allows tracking (you have to insert some code into the html --super easy!) It will not give any historical data, but would allow you to monitor it from now on. Facebook doesn't offer tracking and all the sites that claim their application can provide are scams, spam or phishing. I think the capability is on the horizon though, probably from the developers at betterfacebook.com or Firefox's Grease Monkey App.

5. Facebook is an important tool, as evidenced by the recent events in Egypt. FB also offers advertising at some of the lowest CCP and CPI around. I mention this because it is possible to create a low-cost ad campaign that would target very very very specific demographics . You could, for example, place a photo of GB with an ad that says "do you know me?" or "Unsolved Mystery" "Help solve a mystery", "Is my name George Brody?" or better yet, "reward" ha ha. Then you set filters. Say that we want this ad to appear to males between the ages of 45-50, that list San Francisco as his hometown and has numerology as an interest. As you add each filter FB automatically updates to how many people on FB fit that criteria. You can then add or remove restrictions based on that number. If you were looking for Anna, you might say you wanted to target females, between 44 and 46 ... maybe adoption or adopted as an interest. I can't remember if you can add a keyword filter ... but if that is possible you might want to add the word "Eifee." I would probably filter to include PI's, retired detectives, people who list, as their employer, FBI, SFPD, SMPD, any local media. Who knows, maybe the ad will pique the interest of someone who with connections or resources. This would apply to all of the key players. Hopefully, the ad would reach people that might have information. I would recommend choosing cost per click over cost per impression even though CCI rates are lower. This is why. It is the only way to know for certain that someone clicked through the ad to get to your landing page. Cost per impression just means that the ad appeared somewhere on the page of people who fit the bill -- they may have seen it, maybe not! Another reason is that a lot of people wouldn't click on an ad even if it featured their own picture. They might be inclined, however, to "Google" whatever was in the ad text and that would lead them to an Anna site, YouTube video, Amazon etc, WS, etc. Also, FB works with Google Analytics also to provide information from your ad campaign as previously described for free! You can set a budget for each ad, which is great because the advertising is based on what you can afford and you don't an unhappy surprise when you get the bill.

I would like to run some ads when we get out income tax refund!!

You do have to login to view the FB group.
If you see anything unusual or can view my own profile let me know as it has been somewhat gruelling updating it however........ all good!! ;-)

SK

Hi!

I opened a Twitter account and am focusing on Anna. I joined (FOLLOW) several San Fran and Bay area groups including newspapers. Due to the fact Twitter only lets you type in so many characters per Twitter, I am just throwing sentences out there regarding Anna and her disappearance.
Example: Anna's school bus dropped her off for the last time Jan. 16, 1973
We need a documentary about Anna so we can find her, please help.

When you follow someone and you twitter, the twitter (note) will go onto a feed where everyone who is following all the same people can read it!

A wee complicated to explain!! LOL

That type of thing, I want to mention old George etc., I have 2 followers now.

https://twitter.com/#!/fortheluvofit

Wish me luck!

Good luck, and good idea. I know nothing about twitter other than what is posted here in the threads sometimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back