Failure to communicate

When someone is found murdered in their own home, ALL residents who were in the home at the time of the murder have to be cleared as suspects. The persons who were at the location of the murder are the FIRST suspects- always. To suggest otherwise (i.e. that they didn't need to be cleared because they were her parents) is simply ridiculous. While we don't know for a fact that THESE parents killed their child, it IS a fact that SOME parents kill their children. If they'd cooperated at the beginning (the way the parents of OTHER murdered children did) police could have moved on.
There were lots of mistakes made by police right from the start. We all know that. But though police are trained to follow leads, they are also trained to look at circumstances and situations. Kids reported missing by a parent and later found dead by a parent in the home are usually the victims of their parents. Police take that into consideration, especially with no sign of a break-in.
The attempt to turn a broken window that JR himself ADMITTED breaking and splintered wood around a door lock (when it was KNOWN to have been like that for a while) seem like desperate attempts to try to deflect suspicion away from the home.

Hunter's actions on this case defied every known protocol. He wouldn't allow the parents to be treated as suspects. He wouldn't ALLOW them to be arrested. He wouldn't allow the BPD to get the phone records, JB's school or medical records. He allowed defense lawyers to see some of the evidence, which is NEVER done until an indictment is handed down. He acted like he was part of the defense team, and for all practical purposes, he was. Assistant DA Pete Hofstrom, too. He courted the tabloid media (Jeff Shapiro, who worked for the Globe- the paper who printed the stolen autopsy photos). He attempted to dig dirt on one of the detectives in the case (ST) for no reason other than that ST felt the Rs were guilty. Hunter may have felt the same, but there was no way he was going to let anyone prove it. I'd LOVE to have a look at HIS phone records to see who called him after the Rs hired their law firm. Did a call from the governor's office take place? Was he given "instructions" on how to deal with such wealthy and well-connected suspects?

:clap: :clap: :clap: Just wow.

Everything you said here is from an RDI point of view.

It's the correct one, unfortunately.

You of course, like SD, have been arguing this for so long you cannot even see how biased it is.

Biased, my fat Irish butt. It's the truth. I can't speak for DD, but I'm sorry if that's too rough for some people.

If the BPD had done it's job rather than go all out to pin it on the Rs

You're just wasting your time with that nonsense. You want to talk about bias? Or blinkered outlooks? That's the best example I can think of. That is the propaganda line that the Rs have fed us for years. It's a naked attempt to rewrite history, and I'm not going for it. Quite frankly, the BPD DID "do it's job" and some people hate them for it.

they would not have needed to:

treat the parents as suspects
arrest the Rs
get their phone records
get JBRs school records
get JBRs medical records

Instead, they would have INVESTIGATED the murder.

Just what do you think all of the things you listed are? That IS investigating the murder. In fact, the FBI, the Georgia cops, the Dream Team lawyers--ALL told them to do those very things. The greenest rookie on a BEAT would know to do them, and they are done in case after case after case. Lou Smit himself said he would have done them.

I'm at a loss to understand why this is such a difficult concept.

While they were concentrating on fighting with the DA and trying to find something to convict the Rs, the killer escaped detection.

I agree, but in a much different way than you're thinking.

Evidence that was there for the finding was ignored.
Tips given to the cops by the public were ignored.

Such as?

It was plain for everyone to see that they had no interest in any other suspects.

Oh, is THAT why they went out to North Carolina to interview a suspect, even though they could have easily written him off as an obvious crank? That's only one of many things I could mention.

I think that if anything is plain to see, it's why I titled this thread the way I did.

Oh, is THAT why they went out to North Carolina to interview a suspect, even though they could have easily written him off as an obvious crank? That's only one of many things I could mention.

Or, I could mention the people who phoned with tips, JR himself tried to give information, that was ignored. People they did interview were questioned about the Rs more than themselves. A little trip you say, to North Carolina to interview an obvious crank?

I never say them, maddy, because I'm not convinced they happened. I get what you're saying, but it would be pretty hard for me to make those arguments.

I wish I could believe the same,that they thoroughly investigated every suspect and when they ended up with nothing they turned back to what made most sense to them,the parents did it.But I can't.Because I really don't trust them and their judgment,opinions anymore.(BPD)And it started when I read about how they "investigated" Chris Wolf.
If I understood correctly it was Eller who turned down the FBI's help right?
Pls correct me if I am wrong.And re this IMO it's 1-0 for the Ramsey's,they kept asking where the heck is the FBI.So at least apparently JR wasn't afraid of the FBI,guess you would be if you were a murderer.

Or, I could mention the people who phoned with tips, JR himself tried to give information, that was ignored.

Can't think why that might be.

People they did interview were questioned about the Rs more than themselves.

MF, let me ask you something: do you honestly believe this stuff about how the cops were out to "get" the Rs? Because that's not how cops operate. That kind of stuff only happens on TV. Tell you what. I've got a radio broadcast I'd like you to listen to.

A little trip you say, to North Carolina to interview an obvious crank?

His name is John Brewer Eustace. Check it out.

I wish I could believe the same,that they thoroughly investigated every suspect and when they ended up with nothing they turned back to what made most sense to them,the parents did it.

For a long time, I didn't believe it, either.

But I can't.Because I really don't trust them and their judgment,opinions anymore.(BPD)And it started when I read about how they "investigated" Chris Wolf.

I think if you were to ask around, most cops would tell you that

If I understood correctly it was Eller who turned down the FBI's help right?
Pls correct me if I am wrong.

You're not wrong. Eller turned down help from a lot of sources. He's just one of many examples of egos getting out of control in this case. Look, I'm not trying to say the police didn't make mistakes. They certainly did, and big ones at that. But there's a big difference between that and this notion of a big LE conspiracy (including the FBI) to "nail" the Rs. People ranging from Michael Kane to Dale Yeager have praised the police investigation once the initial mistakes were accounted for. IOWs, they did the very best that anyone could have done with what they had.

And re this IMO it's 1-0 for the Ramsey's,they kept asking where the heck is the FBI.So at least apparently JR wasn't afraid of the FBI,guess you would be if you were a murderer.

Maddy, you know I have a lot of respect for you. So please don't take this the wrong way. But this particular assertion sounds impressive, until you examine it. JR, to my knowledge, never asked where the FBI was during the investigation. It wasn't until later in the case--2000, I think it was--JR started claiming that if he had it to do all over again, he'd have had the FBI running things from Day One. BUT, when the cops offered to turn the case over to the FBI that year, he was dead-set against it, claming that the FBI was "tainted" by their association with the FBI and was not objective or trustworthy--iows, they were part of the conspiracy.

I don't know about you, but it sure sounds like he was afraid of the FBI to me.

Maddy, you know I have a lot of respect for you. So please don't take this the wrong way. But this particular assertion sounds impressive, until you examine it. JR, to my knowledge, never asked where the FBI was during the investigation. It wasn't until later in the case--2000, I think it was--JR started claiming that if he had it to do all over again, he'd have had the FBI running things from Day One. BUT, when the cops offered to turn the case over to the FBI that year, he was dead-set against it, claming that the FBI was "tainted" by their association with the FBI and was not objective or trustworthy--iows, they were part of the conspiracy.

I don't know about you, but it sure sounds like he was afraid of the FBI to me.

Yes I remember I went duh when they said they don't trust the FBI poly's.That was a bit exaggerated.

Yes I remember I went duh when they said they don't trust the FBI poly's.That was a bit exaggerated.

I was just going to mention that.

Maddy, you said that you agree that the cops should have done the things I keep mentioning. That's more than some people will give. I have yet to hear ONE good argument as to why they should NOT have done them and how the DA took the correct approach. I hear weird phrases like "cockeyed notions," but nothing of any real substance. IOWs, no one will outline just WHAT makes them cockeyed. It's just a way to avoid the issue, and pretty transparent at that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious
Back