Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors: Ann Rule's Crime Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped, colored, and BBM for relevance.

And so, if "other movies were taken into custody", your conclusions would be based on those movies? Especially if snippets of "those" movies were available on YouTube?? I'm really, really confused trying to follow this. Like "spraining my eyeballs" confused.

I'm having a very hard time understanding the logic of that statement. And I personally can't find any logic or reason in that statement, except maybe vulnerability to magical thinking, or tangential thinking. JMO, moo.

Hmmm....I wonder what would be concluded if these movies had been in the mansion.....

Close Encounters of the Third Kind-?

Home Alone- ?

The Handmaid's Tale-?

The Sixth Sense-?

Fatal Attraction-?

etc.

Good point. And, when pointing out supposedly fantastical similarities, one often fails to point out they are outnumbered by a huge number of dissimilarities.

Oh, wait! Was an accident staged intending to cause Rebecca to miscarry, was Rebecca forcefully kept her in the house to make her have an abortion, and was she given poison in herbal tea that actually did result in miscarriage?

Did someone put themselves in the role of 'wife' and still think of Rebecca as just the housemaid and nanny who had an affair with her 'husband'?

Makes me wonder why some are some enamored with this movie.

Good point. And, when pointing out supposedly fantastical similarities, one often fails to point out they are outnumbered by a huge number of dissimilarities.

Oh, wait! Was an accident staged intending to cause Rebecca to miscarry, was Rebecca forcefully kept her in the house to make her have an abortion, and was she given poison in herbal tea that actually did result in miscarriage?

Did someone put themselves in the role of 'wife' and still think of Rebecca as just the housemaid and nanny who had an affair with her 'husband'?

Makes me wonder why some are some enamored with this movie.

I guess I should explain for those who haven't seen the movie or read a review, the BBM are all things that happen in the movie to the housemaid.

I guess I should explain for those who haven't seen the movie or read a review, the BBM are all things that happen in the movie to the housemaid.

LOL Good thing you explained. I had already forgotten the movie and had to stop and jostle my memory there! :)

I think we all can take arbitrary, miscellaneous things from ANY movie and see "coincidences" if we so desired. The real questions for this case are: WHO put "The Housemaid" video in the Spreckels mansion and WHEN?

BBM, and snipped for relevance.

This is a really great example of a factual statement, followed by a logical fallacy, or a fallacy of presumption. The conclusion "that is not indicative of an abundance of people who believe RZ's death was anything other than a suicide" is not at all supported by the ABSENCE of donors.

Fallacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The FACTUAL statement, "$5438 given by 56 donors" is just that-- a factual statement. One can only infer that the 56 donors who DID contribute in some way support the cause. You cannot use a null hypothesis to "prove" something from an unrelated set of criteria. It is impossible to determine how many people that did NOT support the cause did not donate. I know that concept can be difficult for some to understand.

Null hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Snipped to highlight :)

I just want to add to your Bold. It is also impossible to determine the number of people who DO support the Zahau cause but did NOT donate via indiegogo website.

For example, there are donors who contributed to the Zahau fund via other means than indiegogo. Moreover, some people who may support the cause may not have the funds to do so but nonetheless still advocate for the Zahaus.

Snipped, colored, and BBM for relevance.

And so, if "other movies were taken into custody", your conclusions would be based on those movies? Especially if snippets of "those" movies were available on YouTube?? I'm really, really confused trying to follow this. Like "spraining my eyeballs" confused.

I'm having a very hard time understanding the logic of that statement. And I personally can't find any logic or reason in that statement, except maybe vulnerability to magical thinking, or tangential thinking. JMO, moo.

Hmmm....I wonder what would be concluded if these movies had been in the mansion.....
Close Encounters of the Third Kind-?

Home Alone- ?

The Handmaid's Tale-?

The Sixth Sense-?

Fatal Attraction-?

etc.

Respectfully, your question has absolutely no relevance. The Housemaid was found inside the mansion. It is The Housemaid movie that has eerie similarities and strong parallels to the malice at the mansion.

BTW ~ Have you bothered to view any or all of either version of the movie? The obvious and most apparent similarities are chilling. If you have not, how can you feel free to comment one way or another about the movie's relevance?

It would be a bit interesting to learn how and when it came to be situated at the Ocean Blvd address. Were there more videos of similar themes inside the mansion? Or at JS's primary address in Arizona?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA