Father and son videotaped allegedly bullying disabled girl with cerebral palsy

I read stuff like this and it re-enforces a theory I have re bullying. I think a lot of it is because we as a species have not developed to the point where this sort of thing becomes unthinkable. I also think some of it is due to lack of maturity and maybe just the simple fact that in some folks the connections in the brain either do not work properly until later in life or for some folks they never do. That explains to me why the vast majority of the bullys in this world are immature young people.

Some years ago I was recovering from some foot surgery but was encouraged by my doctors to walk. I found myself being the object of ridicule by young people, many not even trying to hide it. There was a nursing home I would walk past apparently during smoke break time and it got to the point of some of them mimicking my walk and calling me 'gimp'. A call to the administrator of the facility put a stop to it. It still astounds me- these were nurses and aides- caring for disabled people and they behaved like this?

Just a few thoughts..

I read stuff like this and it re-enforces a theory I have re bullying. I think a lot of it is becdause we as a species have not developed to the point where this sort of thing becomes unthinkable. I also think some of it is due to lack of maturity and maybe just the simple fact that in some folks the connections in the brain either do not work properly until later in life or for some folks they never do. That explains to me why the vast majority of the bullys in this world are immature young people.

Some years ago I was recovering from some foot surgery but was encouraged by my doctors to walk. I found myself being the object of ridicule by young people, many not even trying to hide it. There was a nursing home I would walk past apparently during smoke break time and it got to the point of some of them mimicking my walk and calling me 'gimp'. A call to the administrator of the facility put a stop to it. It still astounds me- these were nurses and aides- caring for disabled people and they behaved like this?

Just a few thoughts..

I sometimes think that weak and insecure people have to pick on someone they perceive as weaker to feel better about themselves. Its really a reflection on the mindset of the bully, if they were confident, happy people, they would have no need to do it. Add in the mob mentality and you end up with groups of people doing it together - just like the father and son, and this group of nurses...

sorry you went through that...its never a nice feeling when you are the brunt of mocking.

I sometimes think that weak and insecure people have to pick on someone they perceive as weaker to feel better about themselves. Its really a reflection on the mindset of the bully, if they were confident, happy people, they would have no need to do it. Add in the mob mentality and you end up with groups of people doing it together - just like the father and son, and this group of nurses...

sorry you went through that...its never a nice feeling when you are the brunt of mocking.

Thanks. I had nearly forgotten this whole thing until I flashed back on it while reading this thread. I have wondered from time to time if any of the people I complained about lost their jobs, it isn't something I would have lost sleep over, however.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back