FBI Investigating Email That Could Land Cindy In Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this mean that the hair they used to compare with the hair (with death rings) in trunk was not Caylees hair????? Is this why they could not verify if it matched KC or Caylee (other then one is definately alive)? Woooahhhh

That's pretty much what I'm thinking.

But, ya know I succumbed to peer pressure and NG. Even she said we should feel for them...they have nothing to do with any of it...if you can't believe NG then who can you believe? (j/k)

I don't know. I have always been a big fan of NG, before this case, but, this has kind of changed the way I and DH feel. We used to watch nightly, now maybe once a week, if that.

Search warrant states that on 21st july 2008
"we also asked for and collected several toothbrushes, a hairbrush, a comb, and an oral thermometer used by caylee. This was done in case any DNA may be needed at a future date.
Also on July 21st, I obtained and executed a search warrant for epithelial and hair strands from the defendant.The search warrant was executed that evening at the Orange County branch jail".

The problem with this paperwork is that there are so many dating errors in it.The 2nd page is signed by det Melich as being the 6th february 2008.The actual date was 6th August
Under that it states "Recieved this search warrant on the 5th day of july 2008, and executed same in Orange county, Florida, on the 6th day of july 2008 by searching the property described therein and by taking into custody the evidence described in the above inventory and receipt and by having read and delivered a copy of the search warrant and inventory and receipt to the location."

Are these the kind of errors that could result in search warrant evidence not being used at trial? This isnt the only document with errors. I've noticed some transcripts being dated incorrectly too.
Maybe the technicalities deserve a thread of their own....(but then maybe not....dont want to be helping the defense any).
So if the hair was given freely and was not included in the list on SW, can it still be used if the SW gets tossed? Or could the personal items be tossed anyway because the A's were not lawyered up by that date?

I know that people dont like LE errors being pointed out,( I have already put my protective gear on -lol) but they need to be looked at, because you can bet that JB and co will be using as many technicalities as they can come trial time. We cant live in a world of denial and pretend that errors by LE dont exist, as unfortunate as they are.
Any legal eagles want to weigh in on this one?
I dont understand why clothing would be listed in a search warrant and potential DNA samples would not be included....LE just politely asked, and were given said samples. Why? Will the clothing, brush hair etc be in or out at trial?
L.G has opened up a whole new can of worms imo.

Yes it does matter where if comes from - they are looking for full strands - if forensics needs to separate whos hair from who and not have full strands it does matter - broken hair is not what they needed - also the brush would have scalp cells as well as hair

Cindy said she washed everything that came out of the car because it smelled so bad

Wasn't there something about the way the DNA in the brush vs DNA from hair in trunk that led to soooooo much speculation Lee was the daddy? Why let your son go thru that. I guess now we know why they wanted all the families DNA.

She certainly could, and if she had done that, we'd know by now because Casey would have identified the real individual if it meant she would not have to spend an indefinite period of time incarcerated.

"We'd know", and I'm not saying that's what she did. What I am saying is what other actions could they have taken proactively knowing their rights were limited? The 1st 911 call with the bit about custody was, IMO, not a new topic. So, the grandmother is more focused on that than her granddaughter truly being "missing" at least in that phone call. (Probably she's thinking "once I know where this kid is, I'm going for the gusto on the custody thing - I never want to worry about this kind of thing from my daughter again." What it tells me is she thought Casey would 'fess up to where Caylee was eventually and the calls to 911, 1st and 2nd, were to scare Casey into understanding this was really serious. The only time the grandmother came to reality was on that last 911 call - she KNEW something bad had happened to Caylee and most likely while with her daughter. Problem is that was most apparently many day too late to do anything about it.

From there, she's snapped. The FBI interviews with her do it for me.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Baez resigns from the case. It's almost futile to continue swimming against the huge tide of CA.

If she doesn't learn to control her mouth she will definitely
end up in jail. Lieing to the FBI, lieing to OSCO, is not the
way to stay out of jail.

I could be wrong but isn't lying to investigators the main reason Martha Stewart was convicted and wen to prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member