Finding JonBenet's Body

BlueCrab said:
It doesn't seem likely that JonBenet would have a strong odor of decay after just 12 hours. The body of a dead human MIGHT start broadcasting the smell of rotting meat after about 12 hours, but it wouldn't be a strong odor until around 24 hours.

The smell that Arndt noted might not have been from the putrefaction of JonBenet's body. Perhaps it was from feces. Even though the autopsy report doesn't mention feces on the body, it's possible that feces had been mostly, but not totally, cleaned up from JonBenet's body by the people who staged the crime, which included wiping her down and changing her underwear (size 12's).

JonBenet's jeans were found lying in the middle of her bathroom floor with feces on them. Two bathroom toilets (the one in JonBenet's bathroom and the one in the powder room in the basement) were unflushed after someone had defecated in them. This whole picture in regard to human feces in the house that night seems more than a coincidence to me. Is it a part of the crime? The use of feces on JonBenet would suggest extreme hate and scorn toward the victim, or a ritualistic killing of some kind.

JMO

Bluecrab - that is interesting you brought up the subject of feces. That is what I was referring to in my post. The rumour I'd read a few years ago. That JonBenet had feces in her mouth when found. I can hardly bear to think of it and pray it was just that - a nasty rumour.
But it would explain an "odor" about her and also the "tan/brown" stain found on her shirt and noted in the autopsy report. And "tan" dried mucous under her nose. Although I assumed it to be dried blood - the autopsy never said just WHAT it was - and the test results have never been released.

I think what John thought was the smell of decay was probably either the bodily functions that sometimes happen at death (poop and pee) and/or vomit.

No way a body that was presumed dead for 12 hours would smell of decay unless it was in a warm temperature.

It was December in Boulder and there was a basement window found open or broke or both.

Hey....maybe John opened the basement window when he first found JB's body around 10:00am and didn't want it to stink so he opened/broke the window!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back