Finding Katherine and Sheila--Before it's 40 Years Since They Have Been Missing!!!

Well, this is it.

Officially this afternoon will mark 40 YEARS!

Let's MAKE IT A POSITIVE DAY and GIVE IT OUR ALL to contribute POSITIVE, UPLIFTING THOUGHTS and do our UTMOST to WORK TOGETHER as a team to help with this case!

I would like to ask why SO many here speak of the Lyon sisters as if they were killed not long after their abduction or are CONVINCED that they are both no longer living?

Yes, LE has searched on the mountain.

We are still waiting for forensic testing results.

There IS a possibility that as someone else posted, that LLW2 may be leading LE in the wrong direction.

Think of Elizabeth Smart or Jaycee Dugard.

Would THEY EVER say that they HOPED EVERYONE WOULD GIVE UP ON THEM AND ASSUME THEY WERE DEAD?

Yes, statistics show that in most cases, that may be the end for many victims.

But--NOT ALL!!

There is only about 20 more days to go before IT WILL BE 40 YEARS since they have been missing.

If there IS PROOF that one MAY BE ALIVE and MAYBE that later in life the other sister MAY have died of natural causes, I would MUCH RATHER THE LYON FAMILY BE GIVEN THAT POSSIBILITY!!

What an AWESOME thing--EVEN if JUST ONE came home after 40 YEARS!!!

Is it possible? Anything is possible but unfortunately,it's not very likely. There have only been a handful of cases where the abducted child was held for years. There is not a doubt in my mind that they are gone and honestly,I wouldn't want those poor girls to be tortured every single day for 40 years. They are in a better place with no pain.

Is it possible? Anything is possible but unfortunately,it's not very likely. There have only been a handful of cases where the abducted child was held for years. There is not a doubt in my mind that they are gone and honestly,I wouldn't want those poor girls to be tortured every single day for 40 years. They are in a better place with no pain.

All kinds of things truly are possible, but I could not help but notice that this propaganda about either of the girls being alive did not begin to circulate until Richard and Lloyd were named as persons of interest. That tells me that someone is stoking up flames of anything that can derail the direction of the investigation, should investigators and prosecutors be silly enough to buy into it, and to possibly sway a jury in the event that someone gets charged and tried for murder. If there was an actual chance that either of these young ladies would have been alive somewhere, this research would have been important to someone long before now. It seems like an insult and a slap in the face to Katherine and Sheila's family to continue with that story, now that Katherine Welch has insisted that she is not Katherine Lyon.

All kinds of things truly are possible, but I could not help but notice that this propaganda about either of the girls being alive did not begin to circulate until Richard and Lloyd were named as persons of interest. That tells me that someone is stoking up flames of anything that can derail the direction of the investigation, should investigators and prosecutors be silly enough to buy into it, and to possibly sway a jury in the event that someone gets charged and tried for murder. If there was an actual chance that either of these young ladies would have been alive somewhere, this research would have been important to someone long before now. It seems like an insult and a slap in the face to Katherine and Sheila's family to continue with that story, now that Katherine Welch has insisted that she is not Katherine Lyon.

This is where this research came from.
JE (graycat) shows others up front, who he is and information about his research.
TO PUT HIS RESEARCH to the TEST to see if it COULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE THAT Kate IS STILL ALIVE, I did my OWN research, FOUND THE TRAIL that graycat had ALREADY FOUND and there are MANY, MANY THINGS that IMO can not ALL be JUST COINCIDENCES.

From the thread about the $7,000 REWARD:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by thebigcookie
Here's where I saw about one possibly living in Thailand. Be sure to read all the comments and subcomments:
https://facebook.com/permalink.php?i...52581809967428

graycat:

"I have updated the link with the FB link To Dr Katherine Welch... from the FB link you can do a Google search for more pictures.

Dr Welch, has a web site started in 2012, with her mission work. Apparently, had a sister named Sheila, about the same age as the other girl.

From the brief research I have done, which was turned into Bedford County and Montgomery County, their are a number of matching points between Katherine Welch and Katherine Lyon.

The parents that raised Katherine Welch are dead. They passed away several years ago. It appears she may have had a sister, who has also passed away. Both Katherine and Sheila, and her mother were linked to Relentless organization, in the obituary given to the police departments.

Katherine does not believe she has any living relatives, and has written to me in e-mail that she does not believe she is the person we are seeking. However, if you were her, would you not feel the same way ? 40 years of being raised by a different family, with 15+ years as a missionary doctor out of the country away from USA news and politics.

Why is this possible ? Why might she be the same person that has been gone for 40 years. Study the pictures, the teeth, ears, facial features are almost the same as the 10 year old picture. People age differently, but many features remain the same. Their is a significant similarity to the age progressed pictures that the NCMEC has provided.

I have discovered that Richard “Dick” Allen Welch Sr. had a sister apparently called "Little Mae" that lived in the Dallas Texas area, she was distant from the family and no contact has been made in years.

Could this have been where the girls ended up, to be raised in a different state by different member of the Welch family ?

Perhaps I am wrong, this is only a theory, a guess, a speculation, an idea. But maybe, just maybe, I am correct.

I have given the investigators ALL the info I have discovered. They have not replied to me, if correct or not correct. I am sharing, due to NO follow up contact, from ANY investigator, on this case.

The last conversation I had with a detective from the cold case unit in Montgomery Cty was that this lead, and the car lead, was the best they have seen in the past several years.

The car shown in the prior pics (a 1975 Ford Pinto wagon) was owed by Richard “Dick” Allen Welch Sr, yes that was him in the picture, with his own kids. This pic matches one found on his Mr Welch's facebook page and was likely taken with the same camera.

Could it have been possible, that this car carried the girls to Texas in 1975, but was abandoned in Kentucky, where it was found in a warehouse.. This is under investigation...

Again, just a theory, based on a family post on a private FB page, linking the relatives in Bedford, VA to Maryland and to Texas.

If this is proven to be correct, can I have the reward money ?
I do not want ANY publicity... I do this because I can, that is ALL.
Someday, I can find a job helping others, perhaps in a similar line of work."

The pieces of the puzzle exist.
IMO, MANY WELCH family members MAY KNOW WHERE THE GIRLS WERE TAKEN!!

GO TO THE SOURCE--NO, NOT RUMORS ON FACEBOOK OR FACEBOOK GROUPS--
ask GRAYCAT HIMSELF!!

This is where this research came from.
JE (graycat) shows others up front, who he is and information about his research.
TO PUT HIS RESEARCH to the TEST to see if it COULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE THAT Kate IS STILL ALIVE, I did my OWN research, FOUND THE TRAIL that graycat had ALREADY FOUND and there are MANY, MANY THINGS that IMO can not ALL be JUST COINCIDENCES.

From the thread about the $7,000 REWARD:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by thebigcookie
Here's where I saw about one possibly living in Thailand. Be sure to read all the comments and subcomments:
https://facebook.com/permalink.php?i...52581809967428

graycat:

"I have updated the link with the FB link To Dr Katherine Welch... from the FB link you can do a Google search for more pictures.

Dr Welch, has a web site started in 2012, with her mission work. Apparently, had a sister named Sheila, about the same age as the other girl.

From the brief research I have done, which was turned into Bedford County and Montgomery County, their are a number of matching points between Katherine Welch and Katherine Lyon.

The parents that raised Katherine Welch are dead. They passed away several years ago. It appears she may have had a sister, who has also passed away. Both Katherine and Sheila, and her mother were linked to Relentless organization, in the obituary given to the police departments.

Katherine does not believe she has any living relatives, and has written to me in e-mail that she does not believe she is the person we are seeking. However, if you were her, would you not feel the same way ? 40 years of being raised by a different family, with 15+ years as a missionary doctor out of the country away from USA news and politics.

Why is this possible ? Why might she be the same person that has been gone for 40 years. Study the pictures, the teeth, ears, facial features are almost the same as the 10 year old picture. People age differently, but many features remain the same. Their is a significant similarity to the age progressed pictures that the NCMEC has provided.

I have discovered that Richard “Dick” Allen Welch Sr. had a sister apparently called "Little Mae" that lived in the Dallas Texas area, she was distant from the family and no contact has been made in years.

Could this have been where the girls ended up, to be raised in a different state by different member of the Welch family ?

Perhaps I am wrong, this is only a theory, a guess, a speculation, an idea. But maybe, just maybe, I am correct.

I have given the investigators ALL the info I have discovered. They have not replied to me, if correct or not correct. I am sharing, due to NO follow up contact, from ANY investigator, on this case.

The last conversation I had with a detective from the cold case unit in Montgomery Cty was that this lead, and the car lead, was the best they have seen in the past several years.

The car shown in the prior pics (a 1975 Ford Pinto wagon) was owed by Richard “Dick” Allen Welch Sr, yes that was him in the picture, with his own kids. This pic matches one found on his Mr Welch's facebook page and was likely taken with the same camera.

Could it have been possible, that this car carried the girls to Texas in 1975, but was abandoned in Kentucky, where it was found in a warehouse.. This is under investigation...

Again, just a theory, based on a family post on a private FB page, linking the relatives in Bedford, VA to Maryland and to Texas.

If this is proven to be correct, can I have the reward money ?
I do not want ANY publicity... I do this because I can, that is ALL.
Someday, I can find a job helping others, perhaps in a similar line of work."

The pieces of the puzzle exist.
IMO, MANY WELCH family members MAY KNOW WHERE THE GIRLS WERE TAKEN!!

GO TO THE SOURCE--NO, NOT RUMORS ON FACEBOOK OR FACEBOOK GROUPS--
ask GRAYCAT HIMSELF!!

I don't know who this person is but anyone can say anything. They say that they've given investigators all of their discovered info and yet LE,who has more info than any of us,has clearly gone in a different direction. There is a reason for that. Mary Lyon has said herself that she believes they are gone and she just wants to lay their bodies to rest. I think people should consider her feelings and respect them.

Motherof5, I understand what you are saying, however does that mean that IF IT REALLY PROVES TO BE KATHERINE, that Mary Lyon should NOT BE TOLD about it?

I think she and John deserve to view the video and pictures.
They WILL KNOW INSTINCTIVELY--MOST LIKELY EVEN WITHOUT DNA PROOF IF SHE IS THEIR DAUGHTER THEY ARE LOOKING AT OR NOT.

THE BIRTHMARK ALONE--of WHICH INFO WAS MOST LIKELY GIVEN BY THE PARENTS TO THE NCMEC
MAY TELL ALONE IF IT IS HER.

I think especially Mary Lyon would RECOGNIZE THAT BIRTHMARK!

Motherof5, I understand what you are saying, however does that mean that IF IT REALLY PROVES TO BE KATHERINE, that Mary Lyon should NOT BE TOLD about it?

I think she and John deserve to view the video and pictures.
They WILL KNOW INSTINCTIVELY--MOST LIKELY EVEN WITHOUT DNA PROOF IF SHE IS THEIR DAUGHTER THEY ARE LOOKING AT OR NOT.

THE BIRTHMARK ALONE--of WHICH INFO WAS MOST LIKELY GIVEN BY THE PARENTS TO THE NCMEC
MAY TELL ALONE IF IT IS HER.

I think especially Mary Lyon would RECOGNIZE THAT BIRTHMARK!

I think John and Mary Lyon DESERVE to be left alone. They've been through more than enough already. That woman that you think is Kate, dedicated herself to helping the victims of sex trafficking. That's awesome in my book but that doesn't make her Kate Lyon. I could post 50 pictures of blonde haired blue eyed women named Katherine that are the right age to be her and it still wouldn't make it so. If she were Kate Lyon and wanting to help victims,she would probably start with herself and not run off leaving her abductor(s) to go free and harm someone else. It just doesn't add up to me and I really hope and pray that people don't bother the Lyon family. They need some peace...they've earned it and they deserve to be left alone. JMO

Hopefully time will tell how things go and that the whole truth will be revealed to bring comfort to the Lyon family.

We send our condolences to the family for the Sheriff and all the men and women at the Sheriff's Office," said Capt. Mike Miller. "We're doing everything we can, even on this day, to try bring this case to a conclusion."

Good read.

I think John and Mary Lyon DESERVE to be left alone. They've been through more than enough already. That woman that you think is Kate, dedicated herself to helping the victims of sex trafficking. That's awesome in my book but that doesn't make her Kate Lyon. I could post 50 pictures of blonde haired blue eyed women named Katherine that are the right age to be her and it still wouldn't make it so. If she were Kate Lyon and wanting to help victims,she would probably start with herself and not run off leaving her abductor(s) to go free and harm someone else. It just doesn't add up to me and I really hope and pray that people don't bother the Lyon family. They need some peace...they've earned it and they deserve to be left alone. JMO

I agree. Regardless of what people think the bottom line is that i HOPE the Lyon family isn't harrassed with these things. They've probably received 10,000 'tips' from people who want to be WebSleuths/Detectives over the years.

I agree. Regardless of what people think the bottom line is that i HOPE the Lyon family isn't harrassed with these things. They've probably received 10,000 'tips' from people who want to be WebSleuths/Detectives over the years.

I believe they are dead and any attempt to make them alive and in hiding is more hurtful to them than anything. They are gone. I think we all know they are gone.

I understand what you are saying.

However, there is a reason the National Center for Missing and Exploited Persons website still have both girls information on it.

They have the information about this.

Time will hopefully tell what the truth is.

I would never put this much time and research into something I thought was a hoax.
I have so much compassion and feel so bad that ANYONE would make prank calls or hoaxes to Mary or John Lyon.

I have NEVER contacted Mary and John about this matter.

I understand what you are saying.

However, there is a reason the National Center for Missing and Exploited Persons website still have both girls information on it.

They have the information about this.

Time will hopefully tell what the truth is.

I would never put this much time and research into something I thought was a hoax.
I have so much compassion and feel so bad that ANYONE would make prank calls or hoaxes to Mary or John Lyon.

I have NEVER contacted Mary and John about this matter.

There are many people who are listed on that site that are presumed dead. The odds are most of them are. IT is rare that someone is found alive after being on that list a long time. Yes, there are exceptions but they are just that exceptions. The odds go down more when you have 2 sisters missing at the same time.

I hope no one would contact them. That would be way out of line. They should be left alone to deal with their loss in their own way.

Who is to say that at LEAST ONE of them MAY be the EXCEPTION?

No way. They both had the same fate. And they are gone. I think that is what the evidence holds up to be and what the family believes and I don't think any family believes that ever without real proof and resolution.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back