Identified! Finland - Orivesi, woman found in forest, Apr'07 - Name withheld

The woman who they think this UID is was born in 1967 and didn't keep in touch with her two living relatives. The police got the clues to her identity by looking at the passenger cards from the local hotels and accommodations in Jämsä, a town nearby. They knew she had been there because fragments of a bus ticket were found. The final confirmation is still pending.

Courtesy of Google translate:

http://ohjelmat.yle.fi/poliisitv/ra...si_oriveden_mysteerivainajan_henkilollisyyden

Passenger Card Oriveden solved the mystery of the identity of the deceased?

Police-TV has learned that Oriveden mystery to the personality of the deceased were more clarification by further examination of the period, only found in fragments of the bus ticket. The ticket fragments were defined in the exact place and time when the deceased had bought a ticket Jämsä.

NBI to investigate that day's passenger cards jämsäläisistä movements and the accommodation of these cards have found a German woman's name. This is a woman born in 1967, proved to have been missing since that date it precisely.

A woman who has two relatives alive, which he did not have any connection. Therefore, nobody could do, and need a woman missing person.

Relatives living in some 300 kilometers away from Braunschweig.

Only in the period found fragments of a German passport, which the police had from the beginning it likely that the deceased was a German.

Police-TV reported 14/01/2010, that the deceased probably Oriveden mystery from Braunschweig, near Hanover, who is from a woman.

Final certainty the identity of the woman is expected very soon.

So the woman is identified. A woman also has a sister. Sister and father will soon come to Finland, the deceased cremated and the ashes of relevant export to Germany.

Woman's name is hardly ever made public. Backgrounds etc why the woman came to Finland to death is hard to find. case does not involve a crime. Sister and father do not know why the woman came to Finland. Apparently the woman had said before his departure to their parents that there is never again to return to Germany and he does not take any contact. The case is a strange but undeniable motive is probably remain open.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2010030211226035_uu.shtml

So the woman is identified. A woman also has a sister. Sister and father will soon come to Finland, the deceased cremated and the ashes of relevant export to Germany.

Woman's name is hardly ever made public. Backgrounds etc why the woman came to Finland to death is hard to find. case does not involve a crime. Sister and father do not know why the woman came to Finland. Apparently the woman had said before his departure to their parents that there is never again to return to Germany and he does not take any contact. The case is a strange but undeniable motive is probably remain open.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2010030211226035_uu.shtml

Thank you for the update, matula00. I'm glad that she has been identified and that her family now knows.

RIP dear soul.

Woman's bag was found in 2007 from that bus station bench->

http://i49.tinypic.com/so1zle.jpg

and the self's body a few miles of that place. The air was very cold but the woman is likely to have walked there. place where a woman was found very difficult to walk.

The woman went into the forest / timber area. Lit a cigarette a few, he began to listen to music and began to enjoy the water and medicines. And death came to drugs and hypothermia.

Deceased was found in a fetal position and head across the pillow was a stone. Jacket was also a woman below.
A woman's ring also was found beside the body. Why it was taken off the ring, perhaps vomiting etc.
deceased had also a terrible wig, why the woman used the wig. Lots of questions remain open, but they may be difficult to get answers.

But the main thing that one woman has been identified, although the woman wanted to die unknown when the disposal tag information. But the woman, however, lived at the hotel under his own name so the police got scent and the woman was identified.

Maybe the woman was mentally ill and that could explain many things.

Thank you for the information and welcome to Websleuths, matula.

Thanks again, matula. I can only speculate that she went somewhere where she would not be found right away and could carry out her plan without interruption. Since coming here & looking at other UIDs in the past year or so, I've noticed quite a number of unidentified suicide victims. I often wonder why they don't want to be ID'd. Perhaps they don't have family, or feel that no one would care anyway, or somehow it doesn't matter anyway...I suppose lots of reasons really. I know depression can make one think all sorts of irrational things. So, sad...I hope she has found peace & again, I'm glad that she can be returned to her family.

Woman's ashes has been applied for and been moved to Germany.

Father, sister and sister's husband also visited the places where the woman spent the last moments. Are not known why the woman came to Finland and committed suicide.

Woman's name is not told to the public.

story continues...

Name of the deceased is known by some people here in Finland ... Relatives of the deceased send a letter to some people ... It has not yet been translated ... The letter was German language.

In the spring for another forum activists wrote a letter to the deceased's relatives ... and now came the answer (inspector submitted)

it is now but wait for what the letter says, and whether the name of telling longer relevant.

that other forum users have made a lot of work in this case because of a story ... it is difficult to understand unless actually touch on case...

thank you, matula, for keeping us up to date!

The letter has now been translated ... this letter probably never going to be published...coz private reasons of course(Internet sites, Media etc) ... contents of this letter to know about 4-5 people ...personally I dont know what the letter said

One TV program was also interested in doing a story ... have not informed by any news ...they were going to Germany to investigate the background to the story also

Bumping as this lady seems to have been identified. Not sure how to go about having it marked as identified. Advice anyone?

Bumping as this lady seems to have been identified. Not sure how to go about having it marked as identified. Advice anyone?

Send a PM to Cubby, and include links to the thread and any supporting info.

Also include the victim's name if it is available.

Here is the support:

688UFFIN.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/identified11.html

Identified
The victim was located on April 6, 2007 near Orivesi, Finland. She was identified in February 2010 as a German national who had not been reported as missing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77
Back