Fired live in nanny refuses to leave, threatens to sue, then disappears.

Now Stretton has offered to move out, according to ABC News, but under her conditions. Stretton called the family's attorney late Saturday night "and said she could be out by July 4," Marcella Bracamonte said on "Good Morning America" Sunday. But Bracamonte said that won't work for her family because they plan to be out of town.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/29/us/california-nanny-squatter/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

The home owners may want to reconsider on not being there when the nanny wants to move out. This may be the only chance they have to get rid of her. imo

I hope DS can get some mental help and support. The more I read about her last dozen years the more I feel she needs help. Jmo

I'm glad she was spotted after she left. These poor people could have been accused of doing away with her if she disappeared. JMOO

She sure does claim she doesn't want attention, but....

Fired Nanny Sets Conditions For Moving Out

She says she will be out by July 4th... maybe.... depends on the heat... and no paparazzi please...

puh-leese -- Who IS this woman???? Who does she think she is??

Cray-cray.... IMO

Nanny says she wasn't they problem; they were (CNN)

She says it's all the family's fault -- she was treated like a "migrant worker."

I know there is always more than one side to a story. In this case, I tend to put more weight on the version given by the couple who is NOT on the California Vexatious Litigant List.... IMO

These parents used Craigslist to find and hire a live in nanny for their children?

I wonder what types of background checks they conducted on this woman prior to letting her in their home.

You know what I don't get? If there's that much animosity swirling around...to the point where you think they are feeding you dog food (or they actually are!)...WHY would you want to stay????? I'd be out of there so fast!

lmao I find it very difficult to believe these people are feeding her anything. She is camped out in their home, an unwelcome guest who refuses to leave or come out of her room most of the time. Does anyone believe these put upon homeowners are putting trays of food outside the door for her?

:floorlaugh: This woman is laughable. That is the best she can come up with? They are feeding me dogfood? THEN FRICKIN LEAVE YOU PSYCHO!

In an email sent this weekend to Marc Cohen, the Bracamontes' lawyer, Stretton said she tried to move out of the house but there was "always a bunch of news vehicles right in front of the house. The media needs to be completely gone before I continue moving."

She said her departure will now be delayed by a coming heat wave. "The temperature over the next 5 days is expected to be near 100 degrees. I can't work in that kind of heat," she wrote in her email.

Stretton said in her email that she wants to be able to sleep in the Bracamonte home for three more nights and to be able to shower in their bathroom.

"If the media stays away, I will be out by the 4th of July. But that depends on the circus not continuing," she wrote.

The Bracamontes have plans to be away for July 4, but Marcella Bracamonte does not intend to leave her house unattended.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fired-nanny-sets-conditions-moving-email-familys-lawyer/story?id=24364906

This lady is used to pounding people over the head with threats of lawsuits and getting her own way. MOO

Seems the tables have turned and she's feeling the squeeze....I'm so glad she's not enjoying it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These parents used Craigslist to find and hire a live in nanny for their children?

I wonder what types of background checks they conducted on this woman prior to letting her in their home.

My word! The least they could have done was Google her name. Background checks are worth the money. They have to assume some responsibility for what happened. I know we are victim friendly. Jmo I just googled craiglist crimes geez!!! Scary. Jmo

ciao

My word! The least they could have done was Google her name. Background checks are worth the money. They have to assume some responsibility for what happened. I know we are victim friendly. Jmo I just googled craiglist crimes geez!!! Scary. Jmo

ciao

Yea, I'm not having a whole lot of sympathy for the victims in this case. I find it all very amusing.

They really should consider themselves incredibly lucky.

In this day & age only idiots would hire a complete stranger they found on CL and entrust their children to that stranger.

Apparently, they have far more money than brains.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed, to find their LIVE IN nanny who would help care for their precious little ones on craigs list is ludicrous. They are very lucky she was not some ax murderer and that all she has done is take advantage of their home and make life a little difficult. This could have been so much worse.

What on earth were they thinking??

ciao

They did do a background check. But it only showed her criminal background, not her civil one. I advise people to do a civil check as well. It shows lawsuits, domestic violence restraining orders, etc.

This was my first thought. The person who allegedly squatted in someone elsee's property recently, established residence and the recorded a forged deed conveying the property to the squatter. Now the rightful owner has to go to court to get the jerk out.

As a vexatious litigant, it's hard for her to sue. She needs special court permission first.

You know what I don't get? If there's that much animosity swirling around...to the point where you think they are feeding you dog food (or they actually are!)...WHY would you want to stay????? I'd be out of there so fast!

The woman is a scammer. She has alienated everyone around her and now just lives off people. She just didn;t think this would be publicized. That's what we need to start doing - publicize these incidents so that scammers will be known by all and less able to commit their scams. It's like lighting up an alley and watching the vermin run.

They did do a background check. But it only showed her criminal background, not her civil one. I advise people to do a civil check as well. It shows lawsuits, domestic violence restraining orders, etc.

As a vexatious litigant, it's hard for her to sue. She needs special court permission first.

The woman is a scammer. She has alienated everyone around her and now just lives off people. She just didn;t think this would be publicized. That's what we need to start doing - publicize these incidents so that scammers will be known by all and less able to commit their scams. It's like lighting up an alley and watching the vermin run.

Gitana, Why would domestic violence and restraining orders show on civil background checks and not criminal. My dd checked her nanny, she used a PI.

ciao

Gitana, Why would domestic violence and restraining orders show on civil background checks and not criminal. My dd checked her nanny, she used a PI.

ciao

Eta. even though dd went through an agency she still had check ran.

ciao

'Nightmare nanny Diane Stretton squatted in another family’s home four years ago and refused to leave, it has been claimed.
Marcella Bracamonte - the mother-of-three who is currently trying to evict Stretton from her family’s home - claims she has been contacted by a woman in northern California who had a similar experience with Stretton.

Marcella, 31, told MailOnline she wants the family to go public but they don’t want to.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aims-SHE-one-treated-badly.html#ixzz36NY9aC4B

I can't say I'm surprised at this news. Wonder if there are even more families out there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back