Firefox Problem? AT&T Ad

I am having the same problem-only with AT&T ads. Am going to search my protection site for a solution, but am not computer savvy-hope I don't break my computer.

Pat

Nope, I'm on Wifi and still having problems- it is most the AT&T banner I'm encountering. The page won't load below the banner.

This is happening to me too - it is annoying, I'm not having any problems on any other site except for WS.

I have to keep refreshing or come back at a later time.

I'm on a Mac, so not sure if I can stop the ad banners?, or should I say I'm not sure how to?:blushing:

But it sure does seem to hang up on the AT&T ads.

I, too, am having trouble with the AT & T ad, using Firefox.

me too! Firefox and the AT&T banner.. only get top of the page.

To resolve this issue, I would recommend that you download the extension called " Plus," it's free and provides you with an adless web browsing experience. Doing this would not only get rid of this annoying ad for you on web sleuths, but it can also prevent pop ups. Another perk is that you can right click and block images that you may also find annoying or offensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay. All this advice about having to download a program to keep these annoying ads and popups from invading our computers is annoying the heck out of me. I don't use firefox. This is not a browser problem, it's a WEBSLEUTHS problem.

I don't mind ads, I understand this site needs to sustain itself. Its about etiquette and respect for the members here. Don't we deserve more? I am very disappointed that this problem is not being addressed as there are obviously so many complaints. It's time to protect the integrity of the reputation of Websleuths I would think and get rid of the advertisers that are tied to this problem. Its almost a breach of trust to your members.

I am ALL over the net. This problem IS site specific!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-20-18-58-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-20-18-58-07.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 15
Okay. All this advice about having to download a program to keep these annoying ads and popups from invading our computers is annoying the heck out of me. I don't use firefox. This is not a browser problem, it's a WEBSLEUTHS problem.

I don't mind ads, I understand this site needs to sustain itself. Its about etiquette and respect for the members here. Don't we deserve more? I am very disappointed that this problem is not being addressed as there are obviously so many complaints. It's time to protect the integrity of the reputation of Websleuths I would think and get rid of the advertisers that are tied to this problem. Its almost a breach of trust to your members.

Granted, I'm not wild about having to download more software, but you're not going to ban AT&T as an advertiser. They are a major company. Take your complaints directly to the owner- Tricia and maybe she will do something about it.

Did you see my attachment? I doubt AT&T isn't sleezy enough to allow pop up hijackers. I am not a tech but I would say that due to an ad error here the backdoor is open and you would think someone would want to close it. I will take your advise about the owner, I just thought she had people who read here and monitored problems.

OMG this is just too annoying. I'm outa here tonight.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-20-19-40-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-20-19-40-41.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 18
Did you see my attachment? I doubt AT&T isn't sleezy enough to allow pop up hijackers. I am not a tech but I would say that due to an ad error here the backdoor is open and you would think someone would want to close it. I will take your advise about the owner, I just thought she had people who read here and monitored problems.
There may be a moderator for this forum, but not every moderator nor Tricia reads every thread unless it's called to their attention.

What is going on? I'm checking "website down for me or everyone" and it comes up it's not just me not being able to get on WS. It's everyone per the link. Anymore, it's down for me & everyone else many times per day, bummer. Whatz up?

On Android, you can download an that works in all apps :floorlaugh:
Anyways, the trick is to neither hit cancel nor okay. Just click anywhere outside of the screen. That usually works for unwanted popups on the droid software.

Or just download Tapatalk. Way better using Tapatalk on tablets than the native site itself (imo).

On Android, you can download an that works in all apps :floorlaugh:
Anyways, the trick is to neither hit cancel nor okay. Just click anywhere outside of the screen. That usually works for unwanted popups on the droid software.

Or just download Tapatalk. Way better using Tapatalk on tablets than the native site itself (imo).

Hey Bark, you're right I think I will use Tapapatalk. Good advice. I downloaded the and still get the AT&T problem that keeps the page from loading.

Okay, off to learn Tapatalk. Thanks again.
Note: I don't mean to come off so harsh, it's just that those popups feel like trickery and that really gets my goad. Especially the one that tells me I have a virus and they tell me to "click here fool". Lol

This is happening to me too - it is annoying, I'm not having any problems on any other site except for WS.

I have to keep refreshing or come back at a later time.

I'm on a Mac, so not sure if I can stop the ad banners?, or should I say I'm not sure how to?:blushing:

But it sure does seem to hang up on the AT&T ads.

I have a macbook pro, have downloaded app which is pretty awesome and have enormous issues getting on here, i just assumed it was when threads needed to be brought down to be moderated. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen
Back