Five Years Later: FBI to Assist in the Probe, December 2015

Commissioner Sini sounds a little desperate. Desperate to show confidence in his team? Desperate to convince people of their competency? I don't know. But he also won't comment on much.
He worked as a federal prosecuter for four years. That plus integrity lead Bellone to believe he qualifies for the job. Whats Bellones agenda?

Will not answer questions on specifics of investigation.
FBI taking prominent role in investigation.
Are you sure they are taking a prominent role? Or will they take a quick look and then head on home? On another note. Whos replacing Burke?

Gilgo Beach: FBI to aid investigation, Suffolk police say
Updated December 10, 2015 10:02 PM
Newsday
By Tania Lopez

YFyZ5R3.jpg

Suffolk County Police Chief Stuart Cameron listens as Police Commissioner Tim Sini speaks during a news conference at Yaphank Police Headquarters on Thursday, Dec. 10, 2015, as he announces that the FBI will join the investigation. Photo Credit: James Carbone

Suffolk police top brass assured families of victims of the Gilgo Beach murders Thursday that, even after five years, the investigation remains active and the department has asked the FBI to assist in the probe.

“As we approach the [five-year] anniversary, on behalf of the Suffolk Police Department, I want to convey to the loved ones and the families of all the victims that we are dedicated to do everything we can to solve this case,” Deputy Police Commissioner Tim Sini said. “Rest assured, this case remains active.”

“Anniversaries create opportunities,” Sini said. “We’re here today because we think it’s important to let the public know we are doing everything we can to solve these murders.”

Sini, a former federal prosecutor nominated last month to replace retiring Police Commissioner Edward Webber, said that in his experience, cooperating with federal authorities can speed up an investigation.

He declined to comment on specific details of the case or disclose any recent developments.

New Suffolk Police Department Leadership Asks FBI to Take Prominent Role in Fresh Look at Gilgo Beach Bodies Investigation

Published at 2:51 PM EST on Dec 10, 2015
NBC New York

[...]

A top-to-bottom assessment followed the introduction of new police department leadership, Suffolk authorities said, and that included evaluating the unsolved Gilgo murders. Police said Thursday they believed it was time to take a fresh look at the complex investigation, and they asked the FBI to take a more prominent role.

[...]

Police Commissioner Edward Webber has announced his retirement effective Jan. 23, and Chief of Detectives William Madigan also announced he'll be retiring.

At a news briefing Thursday, Suffolk authorities said they were committed to solving the Gilgo case and pledged to the victims' families they were doing everything possible to solve the murders.

Gilgo Beach remains: On 5-year anniversary, police step up collaborative efforts
Thursday, December 10, 2015 06:34PM
WABC-TV

[..]

"Bringing the FBI to the table with all their resources and expertise is a step in the right direction," said Suffolk County Deputy Police Commissioner Timothy Sini.

While 5 of the victims have been identified, there are at least 3 which have not.

The Deputy Commissioner for the Suffolk police department says don't be mistaken, investigators have never stopped working on the case.

"We're here today because we think it's important to let the public know we are doing everything we can to solve these murders," said Sini.

[...]

"The Suffolk County police department has new leadership, for example a new commissioner and deputy commissioner," a county official said. "Both have extensive experience in other law enforcement agencies, including the NYPD and DEA. They come from U.S. attorneys office, where they investigated and prosecuted a number of cold cases and murder trials. They bring a fresh look into the department as a whole and bring a network that spans across a number of law enforcement agencies and levels."

Gilgo Beach remains: On 5-year anniversary, police step up collaborative efforts
Thursday, December 10, 2015 06:34PM
WABC-TV

[..]

"Bringing the FBI to the table with all their resources and expertise is a step in the right direction," said Suffolk County Deputy Police Commissioner Timothy Sini.

While 5 of the victims have been identified, there are at least 3 which have not.

The Deputy Commissioner for the Suffolk police department says don't be mistaken, investigators have never stopped working on the case.

"We're here today because we think it's important to let the public know we are doing everything we can to solve these murders," said Sini.

[...]

"The Suffolk County police department has new leadership, for example a new commissioner and deputy commissioner," a county official said. "Both have extensive experience in other law enforcement agencies, including the NYPD and DEA. They come from U.S. attorneys office, where they investigated and prosecuted a number of cold cases and murder trials. They bring a fresh look into the department as a whole and bring a network that spans across a number of law enforcement agencies and levels."

BBM... I thought there were at least 10 different sets. 5 have been identified. 3 have not. What about the others...? Am I just really bad at math?

Just announced....no bail for Burke.

I posted a couple links for today's updates on the other thread, didn't know if it would be wrong to post it here also. I really like how this judge is calling things so far.

I posted a couple links for today's updates on the other thread, didn't know if it would be wrong to post it here also. I really like how this judge is calling things so far.

IMO (and many others) Both investigations are connected.

A friend just called me he got a phone call from a friend that was driving thru Oak Beach and he saw some people digging up the area. could this be happening so soon?

It was a press conference at the site. Josh and I were there. Fingers crossed that new info in the case with bubble to the surface. Will keep you abreast.

What the hell is going on? Someone did ask the new Commis if that area was going to be searched again? :scared:

Before cheering for the feds I would like to see genuine productive actions, which are;

1. Listing the baby girl as is, not SEX:UNSURE,
2. Listing the mother,
3. Disclose the tattoo of victim Jane Doe #6 which is kept like a state secret for 15 years by Fitzpatrick
4. Disclose the clothing of the "Asian" male victim which can help identify him
5. Most importantly disclosing the burlap. Keeping it a secret didn't help for 5 years.
6. Automating the DNA comparisons. If a database is not performing automated comparisons of submitted DNA samples but it requires the request of the investigating agency, then it is not really a database but it is "a pile of useless data"
7. Collecting a DNA sample from Tirrel Santiago's family, which I believe they will find a hit when they compare with the "Asian" Male

Otherwise if things will continue as they were, which resulted nothing in 5 years, then it means a parody of an investigation is handed to feds, nothing more.

Hey Emre, so many good actions you mention that we would love to see happen too! Tattoos can be so so helpful, why isn't mom in NAMUS??

-Rachel

#3 reveal the tattoo is very important. This is embarrassing but I'm a little rusty, is Jane doe # 6 (Manorville 2000) related to the toddler in anyway? It seems the LE went through a lot of trouble to keep Jane Doe 6 from being identified way back in 2000. And remember she was killed with John Doe 2000 who had surgical staples in his jaw.

#3 reveal the tattoo is very important. This is embarrassing but I'm a little rusty, is Jane doe # 6 (Manorville 2000) related to the toddler in anyway? It seems the LE went through a lot of trouble to keep Jane Doe 6 from being identified way back in 2000. And remember she was killed with John Doe 2000 who had surgical staples in his jaw.

No, Jane Doe #6 is not related to Toddler, her body parts were just found very close to toddler. Hence mass confusion! And mom is not in NAMUS!

Jessicas tattoo was restored. Its possible jane doe#6 tattoo could not be restored. Simple

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back