FL - 11-year old boy shoots and kills family member - May 18, 2024

Officers said they responded to a call about a shooting and when they arrived, they promptly found 55-year-old Sandra Pape King shot inside. She was not yet dead but succumbed to her injuries while being transported to Advent Health Apopka.

The boy was placed into police custody. Florida ABC affiliate WFTV reported that he made his first juvenile court appearance on Saturday. Several family members attended the hearing and one of his cousins told reporters there that their mother had been the 11-year-old’s guardian for at least five years. A judge granted the family’s request that they be able to visit with him while he is being detained.

The cousin told the outlet this weekend: “He doesn’t understand what’s going on. I don’t even think he knows he killed her.”

He seemed like any other child, you know. You see, he had a little tantrum here and there. I figure that was normal for a kid his age, you know. I have two daughters his age, so I didn't think nothing of it,” neighbor Jackson Genao said.
11-year-old accused of shooting, killing relative in Ocoee

Sandra “Sandi” Pape King Ondersma, 55, of Ocoee, FL, tragically passed away at her home on May 17, 2024. Born on July 21, 1968, in Benton, IL, she was a selfless, compassionate caregiver who loved fiercely.
[snip]
She loved the outdoors, and one of her favorite places to be was On The Mountain in North Carolina with her family. She was drawn to horses and loved riding and being in their presence. She was handy with many things and was never afraid to tackle any project; her father, Lee, nicknamed her “Handi”. She was equal parts angel and superhero.
[snip]
Sandra's Obituary (I won't quote from it beyond that because I think it names the accused minor)

Sure wish I knew what prompted this, but because of the tender age of the accused I don't know that we ever will :( RIP Sandra

I wonder if his biological parents were involved in his life. If he truly is unaware of his actions, which is quite traumatic, then perhaps something medical related is going on. Who owned the gun and where was it stored?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back