FL - 17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
when accosted by a stranger who was following himand may have beena threat, why is it beyond belief that Mr Martin may have been attempting to defend himself? it seems so easy for many to justify the killing of Mr Martin as some kind of 'self defense'by Mr Zimmerman but not that Mr Martin may have been fighting off an attack. Mr Zimmerman had his car to stay in if he really felt threatened, Mr Martin had nowhere to hide from his attacker.

TM could have run, easily and gotten away from GZ. As we keep hearing, GZ is a pretty husky guy and TM seems to have been in peak condition. I doubt GZ felt threatened before the fight, so that wouldn't have been a reason for him to stay put in his vehicle. According to him he was jumped by TM and his injuries as noted in the police report do seem to corroborate that imo.

If TM was the first one to strike then GZ was probably justified in shooting, given that we know TM had the upper hand at one point during the fight.
And if GZ was the first to touch Trayvon - then GZ is the aggressor. Common sense tells me that Trayvon didn't reach out and touch GZ - if anything he was gonna run. But GZ walks up to him and says "what are you doing here?" and common sense tells GZ that this kid could run - so GZ reaches out and takes a hold of Trayvon's arm while probably saying "the cops are on their way, I need you to stay here". And then, yep Trayvon reached out and punches him in the nose - probably to get the guy to let go so he could run.

I'm not saying that is what happened - I just don't see Trayvon lashing out at GZ for walking up to him. Plus, it obvious that Trayvon didn't know GZ had a gun either. NO ONE is gonna punch someone in the nose while the punchee is holding a gun.

JMHO

If TM was the first one to strike then GZ was probably justified in shooting, given that we know TM had the upper hand at one point during the fight.

we will never know who struck the first blow. Mr Zimmerman stalked and accosted Mr Martin, it is not surprising to me if Mr Martin felt fear at Mr Zimmerman's actions, especially with the stranger who was following him all of the sudden approaching him on foot. That poor young man must've been fighting for his life, sadly he lost his life. Mr Zimmerman had the choice to stay in his car and await the LE he had called on this innocent stanger, Mr Martin didn't have that choice. I would have fought for my life when accosted by a stranger, wouldn't you?

ATTN:

About to open a new thread so gather your notes and get ready to move over.

Closing in 5....

Jump on the link below. Locking up here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7721850#post7721850"]Link to Thread #6[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500