FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just figured when she wrote that she figured out she couldn't hold her own here, no one believed her (we all were closed minded to the possibility she was innocent, according to her) and she was making up another one of her delusional lies. She couldn't admit that she was fighting a losing battle. I don't think there was anyone on here at that time who owed either Shakespeare or her money. Same thing for the stalking nonsense. Just like her lie about "when Abraham comes back he can deal with you in Court himself". She knew Abraham wasn't coming back. She is a pathological liar.

I believe it's the wild rantings of a paranoid woman. The police were closing in on her.. she had been posting here when a member of LE was also posting, so anything she said, or anything members uncovered here would also be brought to LE's attention. ETA: (not to mention, DM's name came up as a suspect here long before she was mentioned to be a POI by LE)

IMO, she obviously said it to try and throw another kink in the sleuthing and maybe direct attention away from herself, and maybe focus it on a "poster" here. Same as it was a friend posting, then her son, then DM herself. It is my belief that it was her all along and she did a simple search of her own name, and this site came up. So in her sick and delusional little plan, she figured she'd go on here and try to do some kind of damage control.... but the posters here are too smart for that. Everyone here was crying foul after the first post. It is my assumption, that she isn't as smart as she'd like to think she is. (DM isn't alot of things....) 'nuff said.

jmo.. imo.. moo.. you know the drill.

Oh my goodness you all.....I'm kinda freaking out here.....I was looking at the hillsclerk.com website and looking at the info out there on DDM.....I cannot find the case where she's charged with 1st degree murder!! It has to be something I'm doing (or not doing) but the only thing I find is the "INterception of wire or oral communications" charge. Can anyone help me??

So tomorrow, are they still going to have the video feed from the jail to the courthouse? When does she get to go to the actual courthouse?

I would assume that since tomorrow is an arraignment on those new charges, it will be like it has been all the other times...yes?

OK whew.

I found it, but a different way. I had to get the CASE NUMBER off the arrest record and type it in the format used on the actual entry on the Court Record Search. Weird. Thanks Susan, though, for finding it. I was about to freak out, thinking certainly if they'd dropped the charges they wouldn't erase the whole file like that....that it HAD to be there somewhere!!

OK it's late...I'm off to bed, but here's the info for her arraignment tomorrow (BBM):

Case Number Event Description Date Start Time Judge Location Room
10-CF-001733 ARRAIGNMENT 03/15/2010 08:30:00 SLEET ANNEX 800 E KENNEDY, TAMPA CR16

I bet she will still be on video from the jail, though. I want to take days off when she actually goes to trial. Hey, tigergal, I'll save you a seat at the trial.

I bet she will still be on video from the jail, though. I want to take days off when she actually goes to trial. Hey, tigergal, I'll save you a seat at the trial.

I am planning to attend a couple sessions myself!!! I wonder how long before her trial will actually begin??

She may save the taxpayers alot of money by taking a deal to avoid the death penalty. Then there is no trial. But I do plan on taking some days off work to be there. I have Fridays off anyway.

Have a good night. Going to be a short night's sleep again.

I know it has been said that POAs do not have to be filed unless they are being filed to support another document, but it would appear to me in this case, from the criminal affidavit, that the POA was filed. So I wonder if this is a document that when filed alone does not show up in an internet search, if you have to go to the clerk's office to see it. I don't think so because I remember when I was looking up someone else I found the person was his parents POA and it was online on the Polk site as a stand alone document, nothing else attached. So reason would have it if it was there for one person, it should be there for another if it was actually filed. And if Abraham was signing the POA on 4/3/09, then why would the POA have to be filed with another document that Haggins signed for him on that date? He was obviously there to sign any other documents on his own if the signed the POA on that date. It would have most likely been filed as a stand alone document. Unless, as I believe I read, a previous poster theorizes, he wasn't there to sign even the POA on that date. Then there could be reason for someone else to sign another document for him as POA agent and submit it with the POA. Or, the criminal affidavit could just be going on what they were told, and it was never filed 4/3/09. So, there you be, no answers, more questions.

From the Criminal Affidavit, page 18:
"Ms. Haggins stated Abraham Shakespeare asked her to be his power of attorney which was notarized and filed on 04/03/2009 with the Clerk of the Court in Polk County."

Well, one question down. I just called Polk County Official Records and was told if it was filed as a stand alone document, it would be online. The woman said that it would be there unless the name was spelled incorrectly. I then asked would it be filed under just Shakespeare's name or under Haggins as well. She said it would be cross-indexed with Haggins name so they would have had to misspell both names if it does not comes up under either name. She said the only other possibility is if it were filed with another document.
If I take it from what she is saying, and if it was filed with the Clerk of the Court in Polk County on 4/3/09 with another document, the only other document you would need to file it with is one where the POA agent has signed a document instead of Abraham.
So, still lots of questions. I have not found any documents the POA agent signed for Abraham as POA. I have seen documents he supposedly signed, but none that have her name as POA. I believe I read she used it to close a bank account and for court papers, but the only court actions I know of were the Appeal with Michael Ford, which didn't end until July 2009 after he had died, the family court actions, and the septic tank guy, and I haven't seen either signature on those papers that were filed. The family court actions I do not believe we have access to.
We should be able to get a copy of the POA once the trial begins, I would think, as it is part of their criminal affidavit and will most likely be used in evidence. But until then, I'm not seeing it.

I just want to say you guys are great. I am the wife of Abraham's nephew and have been following your threads since he was reported missing. You guys have found out a lot of information that none of us knew about. Especially on Dee Dee. When I first started reading, Dee Dee was telling my husband that Abraham was alive and we didn't know what to think. After I read about the Lincoln Navigator and her fake kidnapping on here, we knew that there was more to the story. I just wanted to say thank you. She is very manipulative. I can see how Abraham was taken advantage of.

I just want to say you guys are great. I am the wife of Abraham's nephew and have been following your threads since he was reported missing. You guys have found out a lot of information that none of us knew about. Especially on Dee Dee. When I first started reading, Dee Dee was telling my husband that Abraham was alive and we didn't know what to think. After I read about the Lincoln Navigator and her fake kidnapping on here, we knew that there was more to the story. I just wanted to say thank you. She is very manipulative. I can see how Abraham was taken advantage of.

Hi Christi, so glad to hear from you! I hope you will post here! The purpose here is justice for Abraham!!! It feels like he's closer when family & friends of his are on here with us. I'm so sorry for your family's loss, and everything you all are going through. Justice WILL be served!!!

Thanks tigergal71. The videos say DDM is being turned over to the Criminal Conflict office for conflict of interest and ethical reasons, if I heard it correctly. I'm thinking we're going to see some other charges soon for other parties.

From wikipedia, under Public defender listing:

BBM

Conflict of interest

Because conflict of interest problems could exist where multiple defendants participated in a single crime only one person in a group of co-defendants will be assigned an attorney from a public defender office. For many defendants, it is in their best interest to testify against co-defendants in exchange for a reduced sentence. To ensure that each defendant is afforded his constitutional right to an effective defense, jurisdictions may have several public defender entities, or a "conflict panel" of private practice attorneys. This enables the court to assign each defendant an attorney from a completely separate office, thereby guarding against the risk of one client's privileged information accidentally falling into the hands of another client's attorney. Some jurisdictions, like in Los Angeles County, employ a separate entity for legal representation called the Alternate Public Defender's office. Any further conflicts are handled by court-appointed private attorneys. Recently, Florida instituted an Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel in each of its five appellate districts to afford indigent codefendants this need for due process of law.

:Welcome-12-june:

New article by Tampa Tribune.

*snips*

Assistant Public Defender Greg Hill said his office had an ethical conflict representing Moore. He wouldn't elaborate.

Moore, 37, was scheduled to be arraigned on first-degree murder and illegal wiretapping charges, but that was continued because of the lawyer switch. Sleet scheduled a May 10 status hearing.

"This is a very complicated case," Frost said. "It is very active. It is a possibility more people might get charged in this case."

Assistant State Attorney Jay Pruner said his office has yet to decide whether it will seek the death penalty if Moore is convicted of first-degree murder.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=22038@wfts.dayport.com

This video is a little more detailed than the one from Bay News 9. Check it out.

I'm honestly starting to wonder why no attorney can/will represent her. I'm starting to honestly believe that it's because they know she is almost undefendable. :)waitasec:)

She ran her mouth all over town, she was in possession of the murder weapon, a paper trail of her thievery that could stretch from Plant City up here to NY and probably back, using a LEO to help her with her dirty work, her history of BS... :loser:

No lawyer would ever be able to put her on the stand to defend herself, even though, knowing DM, she'll beg to be up there... just to have the camera's on her one last time...

I wonder if she's started writing that book yet? She must have plenty of time on her hands.. May I suggest a title?? "How Not to Be a Lying, Thieving, Shell of a Woman" or possibly, "DM, Untruthful Tales, Money, Lies, and Murder"

:cow:

I hope that Abraham's family has a lawyer who can help them out with blocking DM from releasing a book that even mentions Abraham's name or story... if even in passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500