FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
She must be desperate to take the stand. Which is good.

Who thinks the case will be wrapped up by the middle of next week? I don't. Not if DM exerts more and more control over her attorneys. Which is fine with me since they will be much more likely to agree to her being on the stand after being talked to non stop for a week. I wonder which lucky soul gets to read all those notes of hers.

And if she does take the stand all bets are off when this case will EVER wrap up! :floorlaugh:

It's being reported on myfoxtampabay that the trial should wrap up next tues.

I just don't see how that is possible.

Trial halted when Moore clashes with her attorneys

The trial came to a halt when Moore argued with her attorneys over evidence. She wanted a specific video played to rebut testimony.

The judge had to step in.

"I'm not a mediator and I'm not an advisor I'm the judge," he said.

But Moore continued to dig in her heels and wouldn't budge.

"Ms. Moore, I'm going to tell you once again you need to compose yourself," the judge warned.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/...-halted-when-moore-clashes-with-her-attorneys

My Notes:

Det. Mike Smith

- Undercover cop to become the fall guy for Dee Dee on Abraham's murder.

- January 2010 he met with Dee Dee Moore
- Cop is trying to question what happens if this Ronald shows up again.
- She says she'll give Ronald a house and then maybe he'll tell her if he killed Abraham.
- She claims she has 4 of Ronald's guns he was suppose to come back for.
- If she tells cops about Ronald then her son gets killed.
- She says if she could offer Ronald something he might tell her what happen that day.
- She wanted to make payment arrangements

DEFENSE CROSS:

- He met with Det. Wallace and Clark and Greg Smith was there.
- The plan was to met Dee Dee with Greg Smith, not alone.
- He's the M. Smith and the other is Greg Smith.
- They were suppose to met at a location. Greg Smith was bring Dee Dee to him.
- He doesn't know if Greg Smith's car was wired.
- His car was wired to record the meeting.
- It was a remote device, the actual device was with other detectives in another vehicle.
- Meeting was 21st of January 2010, day after he met with LE in Bartow
- He had no personal knowledge of what Greg Smith and Dee Dee talk about after he left

================================================

Court for Friday 12/06/2012

Judge has an 8:30am court on unrelated case
Judge wants Shakespeare Jury here at 9am Friday Morning.

State estimates a full day on Friday.

Judge asked Defense if they will be ready if the State closes and they said yes but that they had other issues to discuss with the court, one being whether Dee Dee Moore would testify.

================================================

Thanks for the great commentary and updates today all.

The prosecution will wrap up early tomorrow afternoon so they say. I kept watching until the feed went off. The prosecution said they would need the morning and the early part of the afternoon.

What a Day! See all of you great people tomorrow!

I missed the cop that was going to take the rap for her so I went back and wowser was that ever worth listening to and sure enough you can always tell when its damning evidence cause that left hand goes up to shield the guilt LOL

If I had been the defense I would have asked the cop did he give her the benefit of the doubt and keep the bug on her phones/house to see if she really did call Ronald and ask him where the body was. I take it she is Ronald correct? LOL just saying that is what I would do in support of my insane more than likely guilty client LOL

Theres always tomorrow it will be interesting to see what the defense has up their sleeve if anything.....somehow I think if this case keeps going like it has been even her lawyers will be hiding under the table before the state rests LOL

I hope Abraham is watching from heaven

The prosecution will wrap up early tomorrow afternoon so they say. I kept watching until the feed went off. The prosecution said they would need the morning and the early part of the afternoon.

What a Day! See all of you great people tomorrow!

I think I know why, that nutcase has thought up 37 more stories to explain the missing killer/killers etc etc LOL I think she wants to try and explain away the unexplainable lol

I wonder how many other personalities she has other than herself and Ronald.

And ..... she sent Greg Smith in to buy Ronald's phone for him ... how smart that was!! :waitasec:

The trial *might* conclude on Tuesday unless Ms. Dee Dee gets on the stand.

If that is the case then we may be here for months, and months, and months! :floorlaugh:

If Ms. Butler is getting state aid for her little daughter and food stamps, then she has to report any money coming into the household. She never stated that Shakespeare would bring her money. She did say he would bring over pampers, shoes, and clothing. My point is that she said herself that he was taking care of his son via those things. The state would make Ms. Butler go after child support for this child if this child was benefiting from any form of state aid.

Ms. Butler is sitting there in a spaghetti strap dress. My guess this video was made after Shakespeare disappeared in April. Summer, maybe? And of course Ms. Butler was mad about not having heard from him and had no way of knowing he was dead. This was just Dee Dee trying to stir some chit up, IMO.

I just don't see how this can be allowed. MOO

Actually the spaghetti strap dress really isn't an indicator of the time of year. I mean, just today it was 82* and we are in mid December!!

Imamaze added all the WS links for Abraham in the opening post. This was Susan1's idea. Hope it helps!

Thank you Imamaze and Susan1! :loveyou:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/bn9/2012/12/6/prosecutors_say_vide.html

Last witness of the day in Moore trial shares tapes

By Dalia Dangerfield, Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, December 06, 2012

*snip*

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY --
The proceedings were delayed for several hours when Moore and her attorneys had a difference of opinion about their defense strategy.

Then the last witness of the day was an undercover officer who testified about a cover-up attempt.

He's the man authorities said helped break this case by learning where Abraham Shakespeare’s body was buried.

More at link

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/art...eath-trial-will-go-into-next-week-4097520.php

Lottery winner death trial will go into next week

KATHY WINGARD, Associated Press | December 6, 2012 | Updated: December 6, 2012 6:02pm

*snip*

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A Tampa judge has told jurors in the murder trial of a woman accused of killing a Florida lottery winner that the proceedings will continue through next week.

The trial was supposed to last until Friday. But Judge Emmett Lamar Battles told the jury on Thursday the trial will stretch into Monday or Tuesday.

More at link

http://www2.tbo.com/news/news/2012/...anipulator-witness-says-in-lottery-ar-579855/

DeeDee Moore a manipulator, witness says in lottery slaying trial

By RAY REYES | The Tampa Tribune
Published: December 06, 2012
Updated: December 06, 2012 - 7:14 PM

*snip*

TAMPA --
Tori Butler testified Thursday that although she and Florida Lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare argued like all couples do, they still had a decent life together.

They lived in Shakespeare's million-dollar Lakeland home. When they had a baby in 2008, he became a doting father, she said.

"He was excited about the birth of his son," Butler said on the witness stand. "He would come and let him lay on his chest all day long."

More at link

I am so ready for this trial to start today. I loved Torri Butler.
Does the defense have any witnesses? I hope DM listens to her attys. She really must not take the stand but if she does I plan to have some popcorn and an adult beverage for a celebration party by myself.

It never ceases to tick me off how people can be so mean and rotten to their fellow man.

Rizzy, thanks for the updates!

When I got home last night, I re-watched the last two sections of the trial video. One thing I had missed was the "impeachment" about AIDS testimony, which I found fascinating as all get out.

Apparently, DD believed the video would show Torrie Butler saying that Abraham told her he had AIDS, which she denied on the stand. On the snippet of tape, all she said was that there were RUMORS spread around that Abraham had died of AIDS! Not one word of impeachment there.

I have to say that I really admire the defense attorneys. They are not trying to turn this trial into a circus. DD is doing that all by herself. She must be so difficult to work with. The fact that she believes she can play "poor me" throughout the trial and believes that others HAVE to believe every word she says tells me she is, while not insane, totally delusional about herself.

I am so ready for the prosecution to rest and see what happens when she tries to defend herself. I'd love to know what her witness list looks like! I have a feeling there is only one main witness, DD herself.

And, if anyone wonders why I always call her DD, it's because any more typing of her name is unworthy of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cluesearcher