FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #3

Bumping to the the top... up you go....

1.gif

Still wondering where you are Adji. We will never forget.

Adji, dear little boy where are you? Not giving up hope in finding you.

Adji, I'm not giving up hope, either. Hoping that tomorrow is the day you are found.

I believe that he will be found eventually.

Is there a DNA bank for families of missing children? If not, there should be. For one thing it would save families having to come in repeatedly, get hope up, have hopes dashed. Also, if a lot of time passes and a person or remains are found, they could be checked.

Bumping for our little boy. We love you, Adji. Where are you?

bumping for Adji. Where are you little man?

Bumping for Adji.
I hope you will be found soon.

That's why crime-stoppers just handed out its latest edition of playing cards to inmates in Southwest Florida jails.

Each deck is full of cold cases, missing people and fugitives.

So when inmates play cards, Crime Stoppers hopes they'll talk.

"As they're sitting there playing cards- they're looking at these different cases and looking at the faces of people who were murdered," said Routte.

This year's deck features 13 new cold cases, including the case of Adji Desir, the Collier County child who vanished from Immokalee Village more than a year ago.

http://www.abc-7.com/Global/story.asp?S=12583797

Adji, you are still in my thoughts and prayers. You have not been forgotten.

Here's a link that talks about Adji (scroll to the end)
Lytle: One more question: Adji Desir. Does the community have hope that they’ll ever find that child alive? Do you have a sense?

Thomas: I don’t know what happened to that young boy. I was a little upset with the way we handled it on the front end because the boy was slightly autistic, and he couldn’t have done what they thought he had done when they were looking for him — climbing over fences and what-not. Somebody had to take him somewhere.

They should have done the spread much larger, much quicker, to try to find out where that boy was.

Lytle: He’s been gone now for over a year.

Thomas: Over a year. But then again, in this country we don’t treat everybody the same when it comes to that.

Lytle: Fred, what are you saying?

Thomas: Two boys disappeared within the last two months in this country. One little freckle-face kid with glasses and another little brown skin boy. You hear about the freckle-face kid with the glasses regularly. You heard about the brown-skinned boy once when it first came out.

I’m telling you we have still this kind of a problem in this country that we all need to work out. Because this country is great because of all of the best of every other country we have been able to bring to this country. And we need to respect that.

Lytle: Are you talking about racial prejudice and for that reason Adji’s case didn’t get as much attention as perhaps a white boy’s case would have been?

Thomas: Exactly.

Lytle: Have you shared that with the sheriff?

Thomas: What I told the sheriff is, rather than think he ran away, you all need to spread out quickly and assume that somebody picked him up and then come back that way. Because he couldn’t have run away. He couldn’t have gotten over the fences. He wasn’t going to survive out the swamps behind Farmworkers Village. So they should have thought that somebody tried to take him and work that way and work their way back in.

http://www.marconews.com/news/2010/jul/08/video-jackson-lab-sheriff-adji-desir/?partner=yahoo_feeds

VIDEO: Immokalee's Thomas talks Jackson Lab; the sheriff; Adji Desir

[snip]

Lytle: One more question: Adji Desir. Does the community have hope that they’ll ever find that child alive? Do you have a sense?

Thomas: I don’t know what happened to that young boy. I was a little upset with the way we handled it on the front end because the boy was slightly autistic, and he couldn’t have done what they thought he had done when they were looking for him — climbing over fences and what-not. Somebody had to take him somewhere.

They should have done the spread much larger, much quicker, to try to find out where that boy was.

Lytle: He’s been gone now for over a year.

Thomas: Over a year. But then again, in this country we don’t treat everybody the same when it comes to that.

Lytle: Fred, what are you saying?

Thomas: Two boys disappeared within the last two months in this country. One little freckle-face kid with glasses and another little brown skin boy. You hear about the freckle-face kid with the glasses regularly. You heard about the brown-skinned boy once when it first came out.
I’m telling you we have still this kind of a problem in this country that we all need to work out. Because this country is great because of all of the best of every other country we have been able to bring to this country. And we need to respect that.

Lytle: Are you talking about racial prejudice and for that reason Adji’s case didn’t get as much attention as perhaps a white boy’s case would have been?

Thomas: Exactly.

Lytle: Have you shared that with the sheriff?

Thomas: What I told the sheriff is, rather than think he ran away, you all need to spread out quickly and assume that somebody picked him up and then come back that way. Because he couldn’t have run away. He couldn’t have gotten over the fences. He wasn’t going to survive out the swamps behind Farmworkers Village. So they should have thought that somebody tried to take him and work that way and work their way back in.

Video at link: http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/jul/08/video-jackson-lab-sheriff-adji-desir/

This guy is a "civic leader". Not sure if that mean's he is also a politician. He had some pretty controversial things to say. And I'm not wanting to start any arguments about his words here. But as it put Adji back in the news, I thought it needed to be posted anyway.

I just came to post the same thing and see you guys beat me to it:)

Glad Adji is still in the news!

Prayers that Adji gets to come home soon.

Salem

Adji dear boy the aliens didn't drop down and scoop you up ....... where are you? I would like to see LE go back and re-interview the registered SO in the village and also question his friend (registered SO from another country) as to their whereabouts when Adji went missing. It is time to go back and re-review all information. All MOO ... this little boy needs to come home and there needs to be some closure.
Adji you continue to be in my thoughts.

Dear Little Man, I think of you so often, more often than I think of many of my relatives. Like many , I have prayed for you, shed tears for you, been angry for you. I pray that wherever you are, that you are at peace now. No fear, no hunger, no pain, nothing bad at all. Only good for you Jiji. And I also pray that God will soon let us know what happened to you and where you are now. You are not our blood , but we have made you our own. We care Adji, we care. God bless you little one. We will not forget you. We will not forget.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k8ert8er
Back