FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #3

Noticed him missing at around 5 pm, searched on their own for a couple of hours (2). It gets dark here around 6 right now so they searched in the dark for an hour? Mom not informed until she got home around 11 pm??? I have had the same theory from day one and it remains the same. The new info that Step-Dad was at home off and on, in and out all day and he left just before Adji went missing, to quickly go to his own home for something just clinches it for me.

OT: The big Australian Shepherd in my avatar is named in honor of Adji, in the hope he would be found. His two pups on the left are HaLeigh and Gracie and their mom Leslie is on the right. They are all being trained for SAR. I had hoped to one day search for Adji.

Still praying for answers.

God Bless You Adji.

Thanks for the updates all! :)

They say step-dad is cleared...?

Adji cannot communicate verbally - vanished into thin air. Mom wants to give him hugs and kisses. This just breaks my heart.

It breaks my heart to. If I start to think about this sweet little boy I get teary eyed.

I cannot believe its been 2 years.

First time I heard the Step Dad was in and out that day. I thought he was working. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. That changes things.

Have they ever said what Pizza place step-dad worked at?

It breaks my heart to. If I start to think about this sweet little boy I get teary eyed.

I cannot believe its been 2 years.

First time I heard the Step Dad was in and out that day. I thought he was working. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. That changes things.

I can't believe it's been 2 years, either. I'm a Floridian and I'm ashamed that Adji has become one of our state's forgotten missing children. That just breaks my heart more than words can describe. :(

I can't believe it's been 2 years, either. I'm a Floridian I'm ashamed that Adji has become one of our state's forgotten missing children. That just breaks my heart more than words can describe. :(

I know. I feel your pain. LE has done an extraordinary job of searching for this little guy and I don't think they will ever give up. .

I believe he will be found one day. Well I'm praying. :praying:

Trigger, I agree that LE has done an extraordinary job searching for little Adji. I was glad to see the Collier County Sheriff on. He has always been a strong force in looking for Adji.

That was also the first time I'd heard the news about the step-father leaving for a while. But if Adji was seen, for sure, after he was gone, then that's kind of a moot point.

I was also cooking when the show was on, so I missed a few things. Did they say anything about the sex offenders in the area?

It broke my heart when Mark Klass said that Adji was most likely deceased. :(

I think Mark was being realistic...and referring to Adji's disability, in that he felt that would be a strike against the poor little guy, if someone had taken him. As well as the stats about abuse or worse against disabled children being so much higher, though usually by family members.

Everytime I see Mark now, and these old cases, I can't help thinking what he said about Hassani last week; their bodies are so tiny and the world is a big huge place. Very difficult to find these little children, unless someone comes forward.

The Step-Father and Mother were given Polys and Passed.

(snippet)

Earlier in the week, investigators cleared Adji’s family members as suspects in his disappearance.

“We did interviews. We did polygraph tests. We did forensic interviews,” Batten said. “We compared their interviews against each other. We’ve checked their stories.”

Before Adji’s disappearance, the Sheriff’s Office had no contact with any of his family members for any serious offenses, Batten said.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jan/16/adji-search-continues-nothing-has-been-ruled-out-a/

Also, Adji was sharp and understood what was said to him, He just was unable to speak.

Adji Desir disappeared on Saturday night from outside his grandmother’s Farm Worker Village home at 814 Grace St.

His mother, MN, 36, and stepfather, AE, , say that Adji has never run away before, and never wanders far.

Investigators say they still have no evidence that he was abducted — no reports of strange people in the neighborhood, and no reports of strange vehicles.

Because of that, the agency has been conducting dual investigations all week, exploring both possibilities.

Authorities have described Adji as developmentally disabled — a 6-year-old with the mental capacity of a 2-year-old, who has a limited vocabulary and is generally non-verbal. However, Elant, who speaks in broken English, says the kindergartener’s mind is sharp.

Adji just has problems speaking, he said.

“He understands very well,” Elant said. “Anything you say to Adji, he understands.”

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jan/16/adji-search-continues-nothing-has-been-ruled-out-a/

This is also an interesting piece of Info,

Keith Herron Sr., the founder of the Kentucky-based non-profit The Child Connection, Inc. and an investigator who specializes in cadaver recovery, said in a telephone interview that if Adji wandered away, chances are he wouldn’t have gone far.

“He would be close, and I think he would be in the smallest little cavity of an area that you could ever imagine,” Herron said.

As far as investigating an abduction, Herron said authorities would conduct different searches based on different scenarios.

“Most abductions, when they occur, the child is taken, they are ______, they are ______, and they are killed within three hours,” Herron said.
(Sorry I just Couldn't Type Those Words)

“That doesn’t give you time to bury a body, because they are, at this point, not wanting to be caught. It’s going to be a quick disposal and maybe trying to cover it up where the general foot searcher wouldn’t be able to see it.”

In that scenario, Herron said the body is typically no more than 100 feet from a road, possibly covered with brush or in a trash bag.

Authorities confirmed Friday that they have been using special dogs trained to search for human remains.

Herron said there is also the chance that human traffickers are involved. He said it is rare that a kidnapper takes a child, especially a 6-year-old, and attempts to keep it.

“Possible,” he said, “but extremely rare.”

Nothing, authorities say, is being ruled out.

“There was a lot of frustration that I think everybody felt after the first six to eight hours,” Smith said of the investigation. “But that frustration gets turned around into drive.”

Hi everyone! This is my very first post although I have read here for quite awhile. I live in Naples which is close to where Adji went missing. I also have a daughter that is very similar to Adji. She is non verbal, very smart, understands what you say but has NO safety awareness. She would not know about the danger of anything. I do not allow her any where on her own. Even at school she has a 1 to 1 aide.

Immokalee is a place that I have not visited often, however, if the Oil Well Road you discussed is the same one I think it is I used to Coach cheerleading at a school off that road. There are actually 2 schools, a middle and high school. It is somewhat remote but quite a few developments and houses are being built as the land is inexpensive.

If I can help with any of the location information I would be happy to. Little Adji touched my heart from the start reminding me so much of my daughter. When I run into any police officers I always ask how the search is going for Adji just to keep him fresh in their mind.

Thank you all of you for providing such compassion and insight to all the missing kids. It does make a difference.

Welcome Lolli,
:welcome:

I am also in the Area, 4 days a week and sometimes weekends, I will gladly do scouting,

And Very Familiar with Oil Well, and The Work Camp there.

Going looking all over Immokalee this coming weekend.

Check some more things out and Bring some People who can speak one on one with some of the residents in that area.

I will not Let this Case GO Cold and be forgotten!

We need to find ADJI!!

Let me know what I can do to help. I can go with you during the times my children are in school. I do not have babysitters over the weekend as not just anyone can care for my daughter.

Have you heard what the local thoughts are about what happened to Adji?

I know I have heard some things but I don't know if we are allowed to speculate.

I pray everyday that Adji will be found.

Thank you, that is great, the more the better.

Yes, I have, However, because they are just rumors will not post and just pass them on to LE.

That is what I thought. I am learning the rules around here. I have read enough to know most of them. The Mods have a hard enough time I deeply respect them and would never want to cause more work for them.

Are you going out Friday this week? Because I can go and would like to help.

I am going to Clear a search and Canvasing of areas 100% with LE this week before We go out.
Don't want to upset their investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back