GUILTY FL - Aiden McClendon, 22 months, Fatally Shot, Jacksonville, 29 Jan 2016 *arrests*

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaJenaeFCN 7m7 minutes ago
"You have to look at whether these are ingrained qualities or whether he is open to alternative opportunities." Expert for defense tells court about Henry Lee Hayes ability to change. @FCN2go #AidenMcClendon

DkLUXPGV4AAEldy.jpg

Destiny McKeiver‏ @WJXTDestiny 7m7 minutes ago
Psychologist: “All people at age 16 are impulsive...” Psychologist says Henry Hayes was most likely influenced by peer pressure or asocial things. Psychologist says Hayes showed remorse. @wjxt4 #AidenMcClendon

DkLWYXUUUAADoEo.jpg

Jenna Bourne‏ @jennaANjax 5m5 minutes ago
“He was definitely sad about what happened... I saw him before the trial & he didn’t at that point admit culpability." Psychologist Dr. Stephen Bloomfield testifies about whether Henry Hayes showed remorse after toddler #AidenMcClendon's death. Watch live: http://actionnewsjax.com/s/livestream
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaJenaeFCN 15m15 minutes ago
"You have to look at whether these are ingrained qualities or whether he is open to alternative opportunities." Expert for defense tells court about Henry Lee Hayes ability to change. @FCN2go #AidenMcClendon

Destiny McKeiver‏ @WJXTDestiny 2m2 minutes ago
State to Psychologist: “Isn’t the first part of rehabilitation accepting guilt?” (In reference to Hayes’ involvement in shooting death of #AidenMcClendon). @wjxt4

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaJenaeFCN 7m7 minutes ago
Assistant state attorney London Kite demands from the defense expert: Did that defendant (pointing at Henry Lee Hayes) ever say I am sorry for killing Aiden McClendon? Expert answers no.

DkLX-TBUUAARz4w.jpg

DkLX-TYUwAAtxoc.jpg

Jenna Bourne‏ @jennaANjax 2m2 minutes ago
“He said he was sorry the child died, or was killed, and he wants to change his life and become a more responsible person.” Psychologist Dr. Stephen Bloomfield testifies about whether Henry Hayes showed remorse after #AidenMcClendon's death. Watch live: http://actionnewsjax.com/s/livestream

DkLYTRuXoAI2G-C.jpg

DkLYTSVXsAY-n0S.jpg
DkLYTR0XoAUvYpv.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaJenaeFCN 2m2 minutes ago
Hayes' father has walked out of the courtroom several times during the cross examination of the defense expert Dr. Winfield. The back and forth between the prosecutor and witness is getting a little tense. Judge warns them against talking over each other. @FCN2go
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaJenaeFCN 3m3 minutes ago
Prosecutor rattles off long list of reprimands Henry Lee Hayes received while in academy school growing up. "He had problems following instructions even before he was incarcerated?" ASA Kite asks the defense's expert. #SentencingHearing #AidenMcClendon @FCN2go
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaJenaeFCN 8m8 minutes ago
Recess is over. Kquame Richardson and his attorney are now in the courtroom along with Henry Lee Hayes. @FCN2go #AidenMcClendon

Destiny McKeiver‏ @WJXTDestiny 4m4 minutes ago
Kquame Richardson is now in the courtroom for sentencing hearing along with co defendant Henry Hayes. Both are guilty in murder of #AidenMcClendon. @wjxt4

DkLigABUcAAI4j1.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenna Bourne‏ @jennaANjax 12m12 minutes ago
Kquame Richardson's mother Tracy Richardson is now testifying in his sentencing hearing. Her son faces life in prison, convicted of killing #Jacksonville 22-month-old #AidenMcClendon. Watch live: http://actionnewsjax.com/s/livestream

DkLlpFBVAAAtaJJ.jpg
DkLltugUYAEoPaO.jpg

Destiny McKeiver‏ @WJXTDestiny 11m11 minutes ago
First witness called in Kquame Richardson’s sentencing hearing... Tracey Richardson, Kquame’s mother. Says father wasn’t in Kquame’s life. @wjxt4

DkLmKaRUUAA34W0.jpg

Destiny McKeiver‏ @WJXTDestiny 8m8 minutes ago
Richardson’s mom says in regards to raising her son... she did the best she could. @wjxt4 #AidenMcClendon

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaJenaeFCN 11m11 minutes ago
Mother of Kquame Richardson takes the stand. She says her son is one of 7 kids and that she did the best she could as a single mom. @FCN2go #AidenMcClendon #SentencingHearing

“I did the best I could,” says Tracy Richardson, mother of Kquame Richardson. Says he has intellectual disability. Her son is one of two teens convicted of killing #Jacksonville toddler #AidenMcClendon. Watch live: http://actionnewsjax.com/s/livestream

Richardson’s mom says her son had an intellectual disability when he was in grade school. She says her son was in “special classes.” @wjxt4 #AidenMcClendon

Destiny McKeiver‏ @WJXTDestiny 56s57 seconds ago
Kquame Richardson’s attorney asked his mother about her son’s involvement in a sexual incident with a 10-year-old girl. Richardson’s mother responds... “my understanding is that the girl was a pass around.” @wjxt4

Jenna Bourne‏ @jennaANjax 2m2 minutes ago
“I did the best I could as a mother to make him try to do right. But keeping tabs on his wiles is impossible,” says Kquame Richardson's mother Tracy Richardson. Her son is one of two teens convicted of killing #Jacksonville toddler #AidenMcClendon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kquame Richardson’s alleged involvement of sexual activity with girl(s) under age 10 was reviewed by the judge. The judge says the incident, which he says was deemed sexual battery, is not relevant to this case. @wjxt4 #AidenMcClendon

Destiny McKeiver‏ @WJXTDestiny 4m4 minutes ago
Richardson’s sister says her brother was a “respectable, good child.” @wjxt4 #AidenMcClendon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kquame Richardson's sister Stanesha Richardson is now testifying in his sentencing hearing. Her brother faces life in prison, convicted of killing #Jacksonville 22-month-old #AidenMcClendon

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaJenaeFCN 11m11 minutes ago
Kquame Richardson's sister is taking the stand. She says he was a good brother to his six siblings. "We were raised right, taught to respect each other and others." @FCN2go #AidenMcClendon

DkLutxlW4AE3zLj.jpg

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaJenaeFCN 6m6 minutes ago
"I believe he was framed. I don't believe he is who y'all are making him out to be." Sister of Kquame Richardson defends her brother who was convicted of killing 22-month old #AidenMcClendon. #sentencinghearing @FCN2go

DkLvhrpWwAA0jVC.jpg

Jenna Bourne‏ @jennaANjax 4m4 minutes ago
“I don’t believe that. I don’t think he did none of it. I think he’s being framed,” says Kquame Richardson's sister Stanesha Richardson. Watch live: http://actionnewsjax.com/s/livestream #AidenMcClendon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenna Bourne‏ @jennaANjax 1h1 hour ago
“I feel like a piece of me died with Aiden. My baby was only 22-months and he didn’t deserve to have his life taken away from him,” says Tomeshia Brown, #AidenMcClendon's mother, who is testifying by Skype. @ActionNewsJax @WOKVNews

DkLxhQhWwAAeY2I.jpg

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaJenaeFCN 1h1 hour ago
Both defendants have rested their cases. State calls #AidenMcClendon's mom via Skype. "I feel like a piece of me died with Aiden. He didn’t deserve to have his life taken away. Every day I think of Aiden. I think about all of the things he could have done with his life." @FCN2go

DkLxkVrXsAEOoup.jpg

Destiny McKeiver‏ @WJXTDestiny 1h1 hour ago
The state calls Tomeshia Brown, Aiden’s Mother, via Skype. Brown, “right now, all I have are the memories of him.” *cries* Brown says, “there’s no justification of what happened to my son.” @wjxt4 #AidenMcClendon

DkLyhF7UYAAH3Yt.jpg

“He didn’t deserve it. He was a baby. There is no justification for what was done to my child.” says Tomeshia Brown, #AidenMcClendon's mother, who is testifying by Skype. @ActionNewsJax @WOKVNews Watch live: http://actionnewsjax.com/s/livestream

DkLx2WOXgAAG0eR.jpg

“All I have are the memories of him. I can’t physically touch him. I can’t physically be with him so all that I have are memories of his first steps, his first words," says Tomeshia Brown, #AidenMcClendon's mother, who is testifying by Skype. Watch live: http://actionnewsjax.com/s/livestream
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What started out as an ordinary day turned into a nightmare. That day my family and I had to accept that we would never get to hold or play with Aiden, or see him again on this side of heaven,” says Mary Thomas, #AidenMcClendon's great-grandmother.

DkLysiRXoAAv5AB.jpg

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaJenaeFCN 1h1 hour ago
#AidenMcClendon's grandmother tells judge, what you don't hear on my 911 call is that I called on Jesus. "We had to cope with knowing we would never hold Aiden again. There is no rhyme or reason for what happened on Jan. 29, 2016." #sentencinghearing @FCN2go

DkLzLiFXgAA3hQi.jpg

DkLzOFfW0AEzVRi.jpg

Jenna Bourne‏ @jennaANjax 59m59 minutes ago
Mary Thomas, #AidenMcClendon's great-grandmother called Richardson and Hayes “cowardly, cold and heartless.” “I don’t believe they meant to kill Aiden, but they meant to kill and we would have been just considered collateral damage.”

Aiden McClendon’s Great Grandmother: “Kquame Richardson and Henry Hayes set out to kill... I don’t believe they meant to kill Aiden, but they meant to kill.” #AidenMcClendon @wjxt4

DkL0wGeU0AA0IJW.jpg

Aiden McClendon’s Grandmother is the state’s third witness. She says Aiden’s big brother is now an advocate for “stiffer gun laws.” He spoke on a panel with #MarchforOurLives when the movement came to #Jacksonville. @wjxt4 #AidenMcClendon

Jenna Bourne‏ @jennaANjax 51m51 minutes ago
“My whole heart was torn to pieces that, to this day, I have not been able to pick up,” says Rhonda McDowell, #AidenMcClendon's grandmother. Watch live: http://actionnewsjax.com/s/livestream . I'm live at 5:30 on CBS47 @ActionNewsJax
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenna Bourne‏ @jennaANjax 48m48 minutes ago
Court is now watching videos and pics of #AidenMcClendon, set to a song about his loss. Grandmother is in tears. Watch live: http://actionnewsjax.com/s/livestream . I'm live at 5:30 on CBS47 @ActionNewsJax

DkL246HW0AcOaEp.jpg

Song was played in court... “Little Aiden, We Miss You.” A Christian rap artist contacted Aiden’s aunt to present a song to his family in memory of the 22-month-old. @wjxt4
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenna Bourne‏ @jennaANjax 13m13 minutes ago
Kquame Richardson's and Henry Hayes' attorneys are asking judge to impose minimum sentence. They face a maximum sentence of life after they were convicted of killing #AidenMcClendon. I'm live at 5:30 on CBS47 @ActionNewsJax

DkL-wjTU8AAW6pT.jpg
DkL-wjKVAAAdaB2.jpg

DkL-wjIUwAADW7f.jpg

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaJenaeFCN 13m13 minutes ago
Defense attorneys ask for the minimum sentence. Judge clarifies, so that would be 40 years? Both attorneys agree. We don't know at this time when Judge Steven Whittington would announce the sentence. @FCN2go #AidenMcClendon

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaJenaeFCN 57m57 minutes ago
Kquame Richardson just made a statement to the court during closingi arguments. He told the family he was sorry for their loss and asked the court if he could take a lie detector test just for the family to prove he didn't do it. Judge said no. @FCN2go

State of #Florida just asked judge to sentence Kquame Richardson and Henry Hayes to life in prison for the murder of #AidenMcClendon. @ActionNewsJax @WOKVNews
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Judge sentences toddler Aiden McClendon’s killers to life in prison

Aug 23, 2018

"A judge sentenced the two teenagers responsible for the January 2016 shooting death of 22-month-old Aiden McClendon to life in prison Thursday.

By law because they were juveniles at the time of the tot’s killing, each will have a opportunity to have his case reviewed in 25 years, perhaps giving them a chance of life outside of barbed wire one day.

Judge Steven Whittington admonished the teens, telling them their age gave them the only glimmer of hope. The state’s tough-on-juvenile-killers stance has changed making a life sentence no longer mandatory for those that kill....

“If you would have been 18 [at the time of the killing], there would have been no hope for you being released,” Whittington told Hayes, the first of the two to be sentenced....

Whittington then explained that there was a light at the end of a very long tunnel — a review in 25 years — and said he hoped that as a prisoner Hayes would make the most of the opportunity to right his life and possibly get out one day.

The judge told the same to Richardson, who was 17 at the time of the killing. As Richardson stood before the judge, he turned and looked back at a crowded courtroom to get a last glimpse of his family for what presumably will be a while. As he turned, a law enforcement officer scolded him and told him to face the judge.

Aiden’s mother, Tomeshia Brown, was too shaken to be at the sentencing for his son’s killers Thursday...."

Judge sentences toddler Aiden McClendon's killers to life in prison - News - The Florida Times-Union - Jacksonville, FL
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back