FL FL - Altoona, WhtFem Skeletal 126UFFL, 17-20, near Lake Dorr, Apr'84

Just reading this case. Timing (found April, deceased 2-3 wks) could suggest spring break. She could be from anywhere. Senior in HS or college student? Especially if she went spontaneously & didn’t mention her plans to anyone. If from... say... TX, going to school in MS, no one would think to look in FL. I really think familial DNA could solve so many of this type of mystery. Get her name back!

NamUs just added Maureen Baca to the list of rule outs. They now have 11 rule outs.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
MP8460 Maureen Baca 08/21/198San Bernardino CA
MP37344 Judy Jurgens 10/28/1982 Hennepin MN
MP2921 Barbara Cotton 04/11/1981 Williams ND
MP1411 Lina Borges 03/21/1984 Santa Cruz CA
MP4644 Launa Merritt 02/23/1983 Onondaga NY
MP28024 Christina Smith 04/24/1984 Los Angeles CA
MP7266 Judy Martins 05/24/1978 Portage OH
MP3127 Christine Huyer 07/03/1982 Orange FL
MP6466 Mary Opitz 01/16/1981 Lee FL
MP7091 Emma Vaughn 07/10/1982 Orange FL
MP9595 Frankie Hurst 05/14/1989 Anderson SC

I've seen that Rosario Teresa Gonzalez has been suggested before, but it doesn't look like anyone took any interest and she's not on the rule-out list provided here in August (I don't have access to this option on NamUs). Has anyone ever considered Rosario?

Altoona Judy Doe
1686810102343.png
My apologies if Ms. Judy is already here - I searched and could not locate her on WS.

On April 18, 1984 an unidentified white female was found off a dirt road in the Lake Dorr Recreation Area of the Ocala National Forest in Altoona. She had been deceased 2 – 4 weeks. At the time of the investigation, detectives were told the female was new to the area, possibly hitchhiking through. She is most likely the victim of a homicide, though her cause of death is unknown due to decomposition.

The images above are a facial reconstruction completed by a National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) forensic artist and depicts what the female may have looked like in life. The clothing images are what “Judy Doe” was wearing at the time of her death.

She was between 17 – 20 years old, 5’0” – 5’1” tall and approximately 100 pounds. She had straight, light brown hair. Her ears were pierced but she was not wearing earrings. She may have broken ribs that healed during her lifetime. She was missing two upper teeth; some of her remaining teeth were discolored reddish purple, and she had a chipped tooth. Her fingernails were painted coral/orange.

She was wearing Wrangler blue jeans with 24” waist, a long night shirt with printed flowers and the words “Have you Kissed your Child Tonite” on the front. A black t-shirt with “Here Comes Trouble” and tan canvas slip on shoes with blue trim were nearby. (Clothing items depicted above) The female also wore a 15” metal necklace chain.

Authorities are calling this case "Judy Doe" because the man who found the body lived in the area and said her name was 'Judy,' and that she had hitchhiked from California.

He said he hung out with her, was a person of interest in the original investigation and cleared as a suspect after he passed a polygraph.
(sounds to me like they need to go back and recheck that man... polygraphs mean squat!)

People in the area also said there was a woman who matched the description that was seen in the area a few weeks before the body was found.

Judy has been unidentified for 39 long years. Could you help bring her home?
1686810324848.png

1686810283551.png
1686810530090.png
"A lot of the cold case victims, some of them are unidentified, so they don’t have families to speak for them, you know, to call us every day and say, 'Hey what's going on with my loved ones case?' and so we have to do that for them," said Sgt. Tamara Dale with the Lake County Sheriff's Office.

Uncomfortable looking shoes to hitchhike in, also.

Judy Lynn Davis definitely looks like the Jane Doe, but I think that she might be too old and maybe a tad bit too tall and probably disappeared too early for this to be her. But I thought I'd mention her anyways since there are some similarities. Thoughts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back