FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS- I totally agree with you. It is very easy for us to sit here and say he should have done this or that, until you deal with children in this situation. He is not a deadbeat dad and is taking care of his children to the best of his abilities, the children had a roof over their head and did not appear to be doing without food!!
Has it been confirmed that Haleigh was in school on Monday?

http://www1.putnam-fl.com/live/clkmain.asp

Click "Online Inquiry System" on the left.
After clicking the disclaimer, click on "Putnam Criminal Dockets"
In the Name field, type in Cummings,%
Click Search
Scroll down to find the first name

The key is the % sign. For some reason it doesn't work without it.

Ronald Lemyles Cummings records (abridged):

10/24/2001 - Assault Complaint

12/12/2002 - POSSESSION OF COCAINE, POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE, POSSESSION OF CANNABIS UNDER 20 GRAMS, POSSESSION OF DRUG WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION, POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA.
Sentence: maybe someone can translate. These are the notes from the trial: THE CASE WAS ORDERED NOLLE PROSEQUI IN OPEN COURT ANNOUNCEMENT OF NOLLE PROSEQUI - ENT CIR CT MIN

His drug charges are alarming. Do we know WHAT items were found? Is the press conf. at 4PM??

I apologize to all for posting a link to the photo about the biscuits. I seriously did not know that's what she was holding and I did not intend for it to start a bashfest.

IMO, all of those posts should be deleted.

Thank you.

I disagree with what you are saying about the father here. His history is in the past (2002) and even if it still on his record...we do not know the circumstances of the charges or why he was not incarcerated for them. We do not know if he has any connection to drugs currently.

He is providing the children with a decent home, leaving them in the care of someone he felt was responsible, putting food on the table, and from all the photos I have seen of Haleigh...providing a happy childhood. The odds are and have been stacked against him since they were born, but he appears to have been actively working towards taking care of his kids.

He isn't a deadbeat father. I feel he is getting a bad rap for his past and the behavior when he found out she was missing. He might be a very good person underneath it all and very loving towards his children.

Oh TY TY TY SS. Thank you for saying what has been on my mind for the past day and half. I was becoming disheartened when I read the use of some phrases and words that are and continue to be reserved for those in our society that are of lower socio-economic status. Even if one of those words has been mainstreamed into our common language by Jeff Foxworthy, it's a deragatory term and as someone who experienced being called that term as a child, I know the hurt that word can cause and the feeling of dismissal that comes with being called that name.

The fact remains that even those who are poor and uneducated can and do love their children just as much as any of those who were born to better circumstances. Often, the children can be the focus of life because there is little else to put hope and dreams upon.

I saw the pictures of Haleigh last night and I remarked to my Husband, "just look at that face and her smile...that is pure joy shining from that child's face"

So GM Griffs says she sorry to Ron and Misty, and now they are not doing media anymore. Hmmm.....

IN that FOX video it said the "items" were found IN THE HOME! Don't know if that is just poor reporting or what - I thought the "items found" were found out in the search somewhere and were found by civilian searchers.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Thank you for taking time to search for Haleigh! Bravo!!

I am glad to hear such nice things about that little community. The media has mentioned how gracious they have been to them, too.

Isn't it nice when a family is grateful for the searchers who take the time to trudge through the elements and the rough terrain to find their missing loved one? This is the kind of support we expect to see. I am glad to hear it, too.
Exactly, it is VERY heartwarming to see the grateful family members, given what we have been watching with the "other" case !

I disagree with what you are saying about the father here. His history is in the past (2002) and even if it still on his record...we do not know the circumstances of the charges or why he was not incarcerated for them. We do not know if he has any connection to drugs currently.

He is providing the children with a decent home, leaving them in the care of someone he felt was responsible, putting food on the table, and from all the photos I have seen of Haleigh...providing a happy childhood. The odds are and have been stacked against him since they were born, but he appears to have been actively working towards taking care of his kids.

He isn't a deadbeat father. I feel he is getting a bad rap for his past and the behavior when he found out she was missing. He might be a very good person underneath it all and very loving towards his children.

Bold by me. I couldn't agree more. This man sees and cares for his kids in the corse of a week more than some men do in a lifetime. (Not all, just some.)
I cannot even imagine my fiance's reaction, even to me, if one of our kids or one of my future stepkids went missing under my care. And he is a very gentle, loving man, but his reaction would not be good.

If I have to judge this man, I would prefer to do it based on current behavior and with a full understanding of his stress level.

Oh TY TY TY SS. Thank you for saying what has been on my mind for the past day and half. I was becoming disheartened when I read the use of some phrases and words that are and continue to be reserved for those in our society that are of lower socio-economic status. Even if one of those words has been mainstreamed into our common language by Jeff Foxworthy, it's a deragatory term and as someone who experienced being called that term as a child, I know the hurt that word can cause and the feeling of dismissal that comes with being called that name.

The fact remains that even those who are poor and uneducated can and do love their children just as much as any of those who were born to better circumstances. Often, the children can be the focus of life because there is little else to put hope and dreams upon.

I saw the pictures of Haleigh last night and I remarked to my Husband, "just look at that face and her smile...that is pure joy shining from that child's face"

I believe the father to be sincere. I wonder if they owe drug money??
I saw an account in the beginning where the father said the door was pried open. Now they say it was LOCKED. Which is it?

Maybe LE asked Granny to stop taking swipes at the Father and GF. There is a good reason why bio-mom does not have custody of the children and the Father, with all his alleged faults, was considered to be the better caretaker. And I really don't care if bio-mom has to pay 1/3 of her income in child support. Apparently, that is what the court determined to be her share of support. The courts are not concerned if the parents are broke after paying support, the courts are only concerned that the children are taken care of properly and that the custodial parent has the funds needed to care for the kids.

Pray for Haleigh to be found alive and well.

I take exception with that cavalier approach of the courts. I'm sure they think they are acting on behalf of the child's best interest, but unless they take a more reasoned approach, there will be more deadbeat dads/moms and abductions by non-custodial parents.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=131276&catid=17

grandma has done a 180 in my opinion, although I think the G/F may be involved or responsible, it seems to me that Grandma might have been told by LE that G/F is not a suspect or that she passed poly....She sure seems to want to apologize badly, FACE TO FACE...Why would you unless you made statements that were wrong...Or maybe an attack of conscience all of the sudden which I suppose is possible as well

I apologize to all for posting a link to the photo about the biscuits. I seriously did not know that's what she was holding and I did not intend for it to start a bashfest.

IMO, all of those posts should be deleted.

Thank you.

It was not your fault. We are all "emotionalized" out. It's ok. It's hard sitting here in the little box...hands on would be so much easier. :blowkiss:

I totally agree. In fact, the joy in Haleigh's face in many of those pictures is a complete contrast to many of the photos I've seen of Caylee Anthony- she did not appear to be an inherently happy child.

And again- there's a middle class family with numerous skeletons in their closet.

IN that FOX video it said the "items" were found IN THE HOME! Don't know if that is just poor reporting or what - I thought the "items found" were found out in the search somewhere and were found by civilian searchers.

Yes, I mentioned this above. I wonder if there are other items TM found during his search and that is what he was referring to or where the info came from that it wasn't good? I think it is to separate things.

It also says the items were taken from the home if I am not mistaken. Maybe TM found something else on his search he is referring to?

Thanks! I listened again & this time I did hear "home" & believe you're right about the rest too.

Doesn't really elaborate. Just said he no longer wants to talk to the media.
I smell a lawyer lurking about....sniff sniff
IMO

I smell George Anthony all over this. Thanks alot "Bud". Not!!!!
You know, not everyone, not every parent that has a child missing is guilty of something. Unlike this case, it's totally different than Caylee's. George needs to stop and get emotional help and support somewhere else. He's not even healed to be giving advice, like they did right in helping located their very own grandaughters disappearance. No they didn't. They were combative towards LE, the media and the public from the very onset. It's a shame for any innocent non criminal thinking mind to believe this is the right route to take in such a case.

Role Models Ed Smart, Mark Lunsford, John Walsh, Mark Klaas on and on, this is how it's done.

I announce!!! Law Enforcement is not the enemy!!! They are there to serve and protect. To help citizens in times of need. They are doing their jobs. I can't begin to express how this upsets me. The family not giving interviews, interprets into not cooperating period in my book of school of thought. If you aren't guilty of wrong doing, anything and everything needs to be done to find Haleigh. Not ignore the public, not push away the media, the public and LE. Foolish and very bad advice to the Father.

This is where education plays its role in matters. This is why parents being educated matters when it comes to raising kids and running a safe environment for children to grow up in. Ugh!!!!!

I don't believe they say why in the video, just that he will not be doing any more media interviews, they then go on to say something about other members of the family following suit...It was at the end of the video and not the main part of the news broadcast, mentioned almost as an afterthought.

Considering the media circus surrounding the Anthony case it's not surprising to me this family, and any others who find themselfs with the same unfortunate fate of having a missing child, would refrain from doing media interviews.

jmo

I'm surprised people are judging him for cursing on the 911 call. If I was just told my child was missing, I'd be cursing with urgency and helplessness too. Granted, I understand the importance of the questions they were asking, my mind would be going so fast it would be difficult for me to breathe and take that step back to answer. I'd definitely need someone helping me.

Ok, wild theory:

Dad leaves for work and something happens between Misty and Haleigh. (Haleigh won't eat whatever Misty made, won't go to bed, wet her pants, whatever). Hayleigh leaves on foot, is going to "run away to mom's". (Of course we know that children can't successfully run away, but kids at that age often pull that little drama...I know I did.) Anyway, Misty chases her down to the railroad tracks and strikes/injures her. Misty panics and calls *someone* to come help. This person then takes Haleigh's body in their vehicle to dispose of her.

Misty goes home and has many hours to concoct her story and set up the cinderblock red herring. This would explain her being awake (when she usually isn't) when Ron arrives home, yet she hasn't called LE yet. It would also explain the dogs following her scent to the tracks.

The "items" found could be a bag of random things that Haleigh was taking to her mom's, her shoes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny