FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Truthwillsetufree,

We had that theory in Madeleine's case, that Kate had a friend take her with plans to have her found at a certain time and their plan went haywire because she died from being overdosed. The idea of it was to scare the bajebus out of Gerry for something bad he had done. It was said they were on the edge of divorce when they went on Holiday.

It turned out to be nothing - so far ;}

The only reason I bring it up is the Caylee case and all the $$$$ that has been floating about and then the custody issues and maybe the fact that the girlfriend might have been leaving these children unattended. Plus the fact I would like to believe she is safe somewhere. Some theory huh?

Usually when a child is abducted from a home, the perp usually takes his time to observe the family routine, correct? Unless it's a relative, how could they observe this family. The google map shows me that that house is pretty isolated.

You are correct and anything is possible I guess but with this one, I just feel with that sticking back door, the kitchen light on, all 3 people sleeping in the same room, being in a mobile home (the house not that big, not many places to hide) this just does not seem like a random child abduction to me. This of course is JMO and I could be so very wrong.

Couey took Jesssica when she was alone, and out the back window, right? He lived within sight of her trailer though so knew everything about their lifestyle. OMG, he was such a sicko it even hurts to write his name.

Off to bed, but thanks for the great convo. I learned allot here tonight. KRAMS

I believe this is a key point in the initial 911 call as well as the report to LE. Need to find out about the 2nd phone very important, IIRC Ronald made a statement to the effect that Girlfriend called him as he was pulling into the driveway informed him someone stole his child and he said why are you calling me, call 911. So by that statement, he inferred she had a phone. The question is did she? You do have a very valid question, if she did not that brings up many many other questions into this.

In the LE report, both RC and MC state that he was told when he got home. No mention of her calling him.
IIRC on a NG show, he states that she was standing at the door, and says to him, "Your back door is open, and your daughter is gone." He said he looked for her in the house and then told her to call 911. I'm not sure it's even been confirmed that she has a phone, landline or cell.
I don't know when either of them say that she calls him, but I'd be interested in knowing who says it. I'm speculating here that he has possibly been setting her up to look bad and like a liar from the get go. pure speculation on my part, and I don't have cable or fast dsl, so watching the videos online is difficult, so please excuse my lack of knowledge at this point. :) I do remember hearing Misty say that Haleigh was 3 or 4 inches away from her, and he corrects her and says 3 or 4 feet, and she says, "she was?". I think that was on . In GVS the LE report, she states that both children were in bed with her. Since she does appear to be naive, I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult to confuse her, until she questions everything she thinks, and just repeats what she is told to repeat, which makes her look like a liar. Is that possible??? I think we need a list of what he said, at what time, and what she said, at what time. grr, my suspicion of him is rising like yeast bread dough on a warm summer day!
NG show RC mentions Misty was calling him on phone. first time this is said to my knowledge.

And that, my friend, is the million dollar question.

IMO dad already suspected that gf went out at night while he was at work. Maybe Haleigh let something "slip" one day on the way to or from school.

Dad leaves work early that night to try to "catch" gf out. He gets home - gf not there. Haleigh wakes up, defends gf saying "I'm a big girl, I can watch out for Jr. She always comes home soon or isn't gone too long". Dad see red!!! Accidentally hits, throws, slams, whatever and "poof" Haleigh is gone. He "cleans up" and removes body - disposes and drives around until regular time to come home. He pulls up - Misty is out, in a panic, can't find her, door open, yadda yadda yadda.

This leaves Misty in the dark - totally! She wasn't there - she don't know. And what she don't know won't hurt her.

Meanwhile, dad is angry - VERY VERY ANGRY - but for all the wrong reasons and he's not angry with himself - he's angry because the gf caused him to lash out - its all the "dumb b*tch" gf's fault.

Until I see his work verification - I believe this is exactly what happened.

Do you have the link where it says that Ron suspected Misti of leaving the kids alone at night while he was working?

I'm sure that LE know what second Ron arrived at work, how long his breaks and dinner break were, what time he signed out and what time he got home.
They would have checked out his alibi right away. They would also know how long it takes him to get home from work. I think they are on top of this case.

If you leave work early or at the regular time a person has to clock out.

You are correct and anything is possible I guess but with this one, I just feel with that sticking back door, the kitchen light on, all 3 people sleeping in the same room, being in a mobile home (the house not that big, not many places to hide) this just does not seem like a random child abduction to me. This of course is JMO and I could be so very wrong.

I'm like you. I'm sitting here, as morbid as it seems, trying to imagine myself the kidnapper of this child. It's just too much. There would have been too much left to chance with an abduction like this. How did this kidnapper know that there weren't two Pit Bulls and a Doberman on the inside of that house? How did he know Misty wasn't wide awake and in there with a loaded .357? How many children are abducted from a parent or babysitters BED?? With the parent or the babysitter in it? Doesn't the kidnapper want to avoid confrontation with other adults who would likely KILL HIM if he were caught?
RC said he didn't remember cinderblocks. Did the kidnapper bring a block to the crime scene? Come on. So then this kidnapper would have to know how to navigate his way around this yard, in the dark, and find and carry a block across the yard to prop the door open? There have got to be a million things in that yard you could prop a door open with, you know? Kids live here! It has been said that the moon was full. And there are also what appears to be 100 year old trees everywhere and buildings serving as obstacles to block a lot of the light.
I have to believe one of the following....

1)It was someone they/she knew, and Misty WAS awake, her life threatened (and she wholeheartedly believes they will make good on that threat). RC knows nothing. It happened earlier in the evening. She waited until the last possible minute to call RC.

2) Same as above, except she told RC what happened when he was ON THE WAY home and he is FURIOUS, wants to "take out the trash" but he too fears this person/people and therefore keeps his mouth shut except to rant and rave.

3) Misty wasn't asleep at all, knows exactly what happened to Haleigh because she's the one responsible (in my head rings "she's close ") and she hid that child well...or she had help after the fact.

I'm sorry. You can shoot me in the foot if you like. I have SIX grown children. Three of them are girls. I know that innocent act, and I am no longer buying it from Misty. She's adorable, no question about that....and she knows it.

ETA: I'm not implying that she "did it" on purpose but rather due to carelessness perhaps or inadequate supervision.

Shutterfly, I'm with you on #3 for the most part, I don't think she was asleep, at 17 I think she was wide awake. I also am having a hard time with her getting up at just five minutes before Ron gets home, or is pulling up in the drive as she calls. I do think that Haliegh was sleeping by herself (the bed wetting). She may have been beside her, but that just meant beside her in the same room. At 17 and having a boyfriend that worked at night and her being responsibly for small children was disaster waiting to happen. Well lets just see how long before we hear that there needs to be more intervews. JMO

"Originally Posted by RJA00:
I dont know if this has been posted sorry if its a repeat
its hard to keep up with these long threads
here is the court documents from the 2005 custody case

I dont think the judge had a choice to leave the kids in the fathers care

mom did not have a job
missed 10 doctors apps becouse she did not have a ride and even said maybe she didnt want to get out of bed

dad had a job and documents of the missed doctors appts

http://www.cbs47.com/media/news/e/4/.../cummings1.pdf"

Thank you RJA00 for originally posting this!

Edited to Add: I realize Link is broken, I am trying to fit it.

New Link to PDF 1 and 2 court documents.

http://www.cbs47.com/mostpopular/st...ings-Wandered-Off/ecfIOIQdpEyY0r9dGW3W-A.cspx

Posters are the ones who suspect that she was leaving the trailer for various reasons - right? Not been varified? I'm sure that this has crossed the minds of the investigators too, I for one am willing to wait for varification on this.

My thoughts are everyone in this neighborhood knew of the SO's including Ron. Perhaps that is why they all slept in the same room. He has to provide a decent place for his family to live, can't leave the area due to his job. My feeling is his threat to the 911 operator to kill anyone who took his child is because of the SO's in the area. His very first thought, after the fact sadly.

The SO's have to live somewhere - and it is very likely this trailer once had renters of this ilk. In my area, social workers help these people find homes and jobs. Another reason to know who and where they are in your area. I think everyone knew but I think Ron thought his family was safe (for some reason - his temper, guns, whatever).

I woke up to a list from my dear fiance, who is at work...
It reads:
Sabrina Paige Aisenberg-Valrico FL. 158 miles from Satsuma. 11-24-1997
4 months old, missing from bedroom, door unlocked. Parents? Maybe not.

Sarah Lunde - Ruskin FL, 181 miles from Satsuma. 4-11-2005
13 years old, missing from bedroom/home, doors unknown. Did killer confess?

Why did Misty say that "your daughter's gone" to the dad and then say "My daughter" on the phone to 911?

What was with the rope tied around the door handle of the screen door on Geraldo last night? To hold handle on, door open, cops did it, abductor did it? Why hasn't it been taken by the cops?

Misty says "I got up to use, I had to use the bathroom. I never made it to the bathroom." Does she mean that she noticed Haleigh missing and didn't make it or did she mean she wet herself? If she is saying that she wet herself that seems something that Ron would make her say to see how well she can repeat a story, even a humiliating one. No woman or girl that age would admit to that. Control issues with Ron?

Why do mom and grandma say that they believe dad and Misty when they so obviously don't? FBI at work? Coddle Misty, she'll respond to what she knows?

Misty's behavior/demeanor - severe familial or emotional retardation?

Kids drugged to fit Misty's schedule? Dad's schedule?

How much did mother press kids for details of life at home? Did she care about knowing or what the responses might have been?

If mother was willing to make allegations in court to try and custody, why has mother not called DCF to try and get RJ placed with her, pending investigation? Court allegations only to hurt dad? Haleigh taken for same reason?

That would be the end of the list and his notes, he worked this over in his head all night, before he went to work. Chances are he will still be doing it at work. 14 years ago, he said goodbye to his three year old daughter, Rachel, dropped her at her grandparents and went to work. He hasn't seen any of them since. He got one letter and a picture a year until she turned 10. She isn't listed as missing, since they had joint custody. He may not be the best researcher, but he cares about these things, and I have never known him to stay up all night turning a case over in his head. I thought he came up with a couple good ideas and questions, so I figured I would just post the whole note.

They just announced on Good Morning America that they have suspended the search for Hayleigh. Oh, no .

There is a fire weather warning that covers Satsuma and surrounding areas, I hope that's why. I hope, I hope, I hope.
Unfortunately, it probably isn't.

In the LE report, both RC and MC state that he was told when he got home. No mention of her calling him.
IIRC on a NG show, he states that she was standing at the door, and says to him, "Your back door is open, and your daughter is gone." He said he looked for her in the house and then told her to call 911. I'm not sure it's even been confirmed that she has a phone, landline or cell.
I don't know when either of them say that she calls him, but I'd be interested in knowing who says it. I'm speculating here that he has possibly been setting her up to look bad and like a liar from the get go. pure speculation on my part, and I don't have cable or fast dsl, so watching the videos online is difficult, so please excuse my lack of knowledge at this point. :) I do remember hearing Misty say that Haleigh was 3 or 4 inches away from her, and he corrects her and says 3 or 4 feet, and she says, "she was?". I think that was on . In GVS the LE report, she states that both children were in bed with her. Since she does appear to be naive, I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult to confuse her, until she questions everything she thinks, and just repeats what she is told to repeat, which makes her look like a liar. Is that possible??? I think we need a list of what he said, at what time, and what she said, at what time. grr, my suspicion of him is rising like yeast bread dough on a warm summer day!
NG show RC mentions Misty was calling him on phone. first time this is said to my knowledge.

I heard Ron say that Misty was calling him on his cell as he drove up to the trailer. He said she met him outside and said Haliegh was missing and then she called 911. It was on NG, I am pretty sure.

For me, it's either Misty or someone who only knew bio mom's side of the family.
Reasoning: A lot of people assume that even dad's that have custody of their kids aren't as caring as mothers. I don't know why there is this particular prejudice, but there is. I can't shake the feeling that bio mom just really doesn't give a carp. Her tears are fake, pleas are fake, she's a robot, imo.
So a person that knows her and doesn't know whether or not Ron really cares about the kids might assume that he.she could take Haleigh and no one would care. Might even have some time to get away before anyone noticed that she was gone. I think if we run out of likely looking SO's in Ron's neighborhood, then it might be time to start looking at acquaintances of bio mom.

I agree that bio mom seems fake. I saw her interview on Geraldo last night and that is the impression I got. Fake tears and fake pleas to bring her daughter back to her...

About the perp thinking no one would really care - I believe Duncan (Groenes) didn't like "bad" mothers and picked the children partly based on that? Does anyone else recall this detail or did I dream it up?

After reading through the court documents from the custody hearing, I can tell that Ron was eager to have custody of his children. He seemed well prepared considering he is a man..(I don't mean that in a bad way either)..
The bio mom seemed very rude to the judge saying Uh-uh to most of his/her questions.

I do think that it is possible that Ron had straightened out his life. I don't want to think he did anything wrong, and will be highly upset if I find out otherwise.
Misty on the other hand is my number one suspect.

I feel the same way MDO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members