FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the last few pages of this thread, I thought I would put in my 2 cents.....

I was born and raised in Georgia and lived there until I was 24 years old, so some of the things MC and RC are doing aren't that odd to me. However I married my hubby and he and his family are from Tennessee and his sister still lives in a town that doesn't have a red light at all...1 small family grocery store, 2 convenience stores, and no fast food places or no restaurants at all.

If something happened that my sister in law was in a situation like RC and MC are, man I would hate to see what was said about her. Even though I was born and raised in GA and a lot of people would consider me country, I still have a pretty bad southern accent. My sis in law is very very country to a point that even caught me off guard when I met her.

I don't know why there would be urine on a blanket, but I don't find having a blanket in the van that odd at all. My sis in law has one of those older huge vans, and we always have a blanket in the back..in case we stop by the park, or go to the lake, it comes in handy usually. The hubby and I have always kept one in the trunk since we have had kids. Fireworks, soccer game, softball game, plenty of times it is nice to have.

In the south more than anywhere I have lived, people just talk and don't really think out and plan every word said. Also considering this girl is so young and her past, she doesn't have a lot of education. To me she is talking like she talks to her friends, family... etc.......She probably isnt even thinking that people are taking apart everything she says and trying to see what it means.

With that being said, there are some things that bother me with the situation.........I don't think everything happened exactly the way she is saying it did......IMO....

Very nice post. While I agree something is off with Misti's story, I don't think there are many people in the world that could hold up to this type of scrutiny without their life choices being called into question. Even if you are overall pretty squeaky clean you have no idea what will inaccurately be attached to you or how something will be misinterpreted and twisted.

They would have a field day with my family. Mom is an alcoholic drug addict that would make Cindy A look like a very rational person. Have an uncle that drank himself to death, and another one with a rapsheet so long it isn't even funny, including lovely charges of beating his girlfriends to the point of permanent disfigurement. Who knows what the rest of the family has been up to. Married into a family much more affluent than mine and that is filled with lawsuits against each other, domestic abuse police reports, and wrapped up with a domestic abuse ends in murder. What any of that would have to do with me, nothing, wouldn't stop anyone from speculating and drawing conclusions about me though.

...also well-trodden I'm sure, but, again...WTH...

Why does Misty attempt to portray herself as Haleigh's mother to the 911 operator? Was this @ Ronald's insistence?

I can't get my head wrapped around what possible explanation there could be for this behavior?

I get that Ronald is there and he's furious, and its hard to hear w/ him ranting, and the operator used language like "numerical" (perhaps the operator just read the title of the data entry field on her computer screen)...ok...chaos...I get it. But...why portray Haleigh as her daughter? To simplify explaining that she's the gf?

I'm not looking to set a high-bar for the explanation...I'm just noodlin' on whether or not this tells us anything of value...:waitasec:

This has never sat well with me either....Haleigh has a Mom & its not Misty. This has been my complaint since the beginning of this case. I am a step mom to 3 sons / plus I have 4 kids of my own. I have never once claimed to be there Mom.... Misty is nothing to them. Why portray herself to be??????

Thank You for the welcome! I only base the assumption of her NOT being there because I cant buy that she was there and didnt hear/see anything at all. I spent the better part of my teen-age and upper 20's in a small town, living in trailer parks, with a very abusive husband who I was terrified of. We got married at 16 and I had my son by the time I was 17. Looking at all the myspaces's it obvious to me that drinking was the entertainment of the night. Trailer parks where everyone knows everyone-they get together and every nights a party. I dont think she wanted to miss out and her family was probably there too. I think she may have become very comfortable with the leaving the kids for short periods of time. I DO NOT think she is guilty of anything except leaving them for a bit and coming up with a story (cinderblock). She is telling the truth (polygraph) when they ask if she knows who took HC. She truly doesnt know who but she does know the why of it all-because she was negligent-something she hopes never comes to light.

Bolded by me.

I was under the impression that LE has not said one way or the other if she passed the polygraph?

I gotta believe LE's rounded up everyone's computers... on both sides.

Not the wrong word... just the wrong word for a young, uneducated caller. Dispatchers should be able to use simple language w children... and w/e relationship gf claimed to have, she sounded every bit a child on that call. Which is the point... right? Whomever is left in charge of small children needs to be able to handle an emergency and, if nothing else be capable of making a coherent 911 call, and relaying descriptive information of your children or others under stressful circumstances. I do allow for the fact dad was raging and she was probably terrified. But most emergencies ARE terrifying... guess that's why their called emergencies. JMO

:parrot:

I still think she used the wrong word. I would not ask "what is your numerical", it's an incomplete sentence. after Misty said just green ln. the dispatch should have said what's the number there or what house number, not what's the numerical. I just have a different view of it.

Re bold ---> :floorlaugh:
Re rest of message: Things are not always as they seem. Or, in this case, as they sound. I want to say more, but I can't. Be patient. :)

See my note above. :blowkiss:
You're teasing us again, Friday! :p
I'd say there is a whole lot more going on than we know about! I just want to know all about it now!
Can you give ONE hint!???:D

OK that is heartbreaking. I'll conceed the dad just scored major points in reducing my "hinky meter" regard his role in all of this.

Ditto. Not that I had a huge feel for his involvement in the disappearance of his daughter, but we have to start looking at the inside first and some of his mannerisms were a let-down.....just like with multiple Misty statements - it hasn't helped the investigation move swifter if they have nothing to do with this horrible nightmare!

I don't assume they're uneducated. :waitasec:
Sorry, my post was expounding on the many posts I've seen claiming that it was stupid, etc for Misty to have had her wits about her enough in the middle of the night, while a child was missing, and her boyfriend was yelling, to immediately recognize the word "numerical" and respond accordingly. I mean, cripes, I think I would have asked the operator what she meant, especially in that situation. I'm more used to the term "street address".

We're all guilty of this stuff once in a while, and it's just moot.

I am going to take my own advice now, and ignore any further discussion of it;)

And with it being said that Haleigh was afraid of the dark, I could see leaving the tv on, which would also seem to be a deterrent to the perp entering ~ unless he's armed and prepared to shoot anybody who gets in his way of abducting the child. MOO

I recall hearing that the master bedroom had a television and that's why the kids went to bed in there.

Hi Pirate. I just came back to read about two minutes ago. I haven't seen those comments yet but I saw a slew of them over the past few days.

I haven't seen anything to support that she is prostituting, I haven't seen anything to support she's retarded either.

But I do think she's responsible for the fact that she is the last person Haleigh was with, and if we look only at her activities prior to Haleigh being reported missing, I can't reconcile the fact she washed blankets (cleaned a crime scene) and possibly staged a coverup. The door, the cinder block and not calling 911 until Ronnie got there.

Those are my thoughts and I'm probably wrong.

Kat - I think you have some really good points here. My impression is that there is something definitely wrong with MC's story. But, FWIW I don't think it is all that uncommon to do cleaning at night if your spouse/boyfriend works nights and you are uncomfortable being home alone or if it is the only uninterrupted time you get after the kids are in bed. The laundry and cleaning seem perfectly normal to me under such circumstances. UNTIL you add in the factor of the missing child. Then I want to know if it was her habit to clean at night.

I'm still going with the impression that MC was new to the relationship, new to taking care of the children and still trying to find her "sea legs" so to speak.

Because the police have "extensively" interviewed her, I am hoping that LE has a pretty good feel for the pattern that MC had established in the home and with the children, i.e., was MC the one that got the kids up and ready for school or did dad do that? Did she cook the kids breakfast or just feed them cereal? Did she normally meet Haliegh at the bus stop or did dad? What did the children normally do after school? Homework? Play outside? Play inside? What was the normal pattern. Once the normal pattern is established, then abnormalities can be spotted. MC usually went to bus stop, but on this Mon. dad went. Dad usually goes to work at 3:00 but on this Mon. he was late and didn't go in until 7:00, etc. If we could sit MC down and have her answer all these questions we could probably figure out exactly where she lies and then we might get somewhere with the case.

(All of the above is just my speculation and has no basis in fact. I don't know when RC when to work or if MC cooked breakfast.)

Now the blanket thing - that raises a whole bunch of other questions! We definitely need more information about the missing blanket that went for a ride in the van they "took."

Salem

Forgive me if I've missed this in the ten thousand posts, but has LE said anything about the light switch?

Misti says she woke up an the light was on

Logically, I'd be thinking there's gotta be a partial fingerprint on the light switch. It should either belong to Haleigh, Misti, Ronald, or an unknown.

--OR--

There's no print at all on the light switch because it's been wiped clean.

Whatever's on...or not on...that light switch should speak wonders to the validity of Misty's version of events.

Again, if this has already been picked with a fine tooth comb, my apologies to all.

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't even seen this posted! Good thought.

911 asked the address....Misty gave the name of the street....does Misty not know what "address" means like she doesn't know what "numerical" means?? I presume the operator felt she was talking to an adult whose "daughter" was missing, right? Otherwise, she would have asked, "what's the name of the street you live on? Do you know what the numbers are for your house?" I used to work dispatch...we do talk to children different than we talk to adults.

Very nice post. While I agree something is off with Misti's story, I don't think there are many people in the world that could hold up to this type of scrutiny without their life choices being called into question. Even if you are overall pretty squeaky clean you have no idea what will inaccurately be attached to you or how something will be misinterpreted and twisted.

They would have a field day with my family. Mom is an alcoholic drug addict that would make Cindy A look like a very rational person. Have an uncle that drank himself to death, and another one with a rapsheet so long it isn't even funny, including lovely charges of beating his girlfriends to the point of permanent disfigurement. Who knows what the rest of the family has been up to. Married into a family much more affluent than mine and that is filled with lawsuits against each other, domestic abuse police reports, and wrapped up with a domestic abuse ends in murder. What any of that would have to do with me, nothing, wouldn't stop anyone from speculating and drawing conclusions about me though.
Ha! Id be strapped to an electric chair by now..

You're teasing us again, Friday! :p
I'd say there is a whole lot more going on than we know about! I just want to know all about it now!
Can you give ONE hint!???:D

Ummmm...YEAH....what she said!!!

Was there a presser at 4 PM EST today? If not, do we know when the next one is scheduled? TIA
Yes there was... it was shown on Headline News. The sheriff just sadi that Tim Miller and team was leaving the area. And someone(reporter) said that Ron had pleaded with Tim to stay and search areas in woods that had not been searched, but he couldn't stay...another case. The Sheriff said that they did not ask Tim and team to leave the area. That's about all I heard.

Not to be snarky - but can the "numerical" discussion be taken to the parking lot, please?

TIA,

Salem

HL news just announced Chad Reynolds arrested. Trying to break into a doublewide with a jacknife. LE says he is NOT a poi.

LOL, they sure are behind the news.MSNBC said that early this morning from Clint Van Zandt.

Now I don't know about YOU ... but by this time in the game, after SO many days, as a parent ... I'd be LIVID, probably throwing up, not able to eat ... crying all the time, just a mess! It's been SO long ... and just thinking of my baby out there, possibly with a stranger, scared to death, crying for me, who knows what she's going through, or dead.

I know for sure, I'd HAVE to be medicated!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
No disrespect, but Tim Miller DOES NOT BAIL. When he leaves a seach, he has a reason. In the case of Caylee, everyone jumped on the band wagon about him leaving the last search, asking for donations back. Man, those of us that love TES were not happy about people wanting their money back.
What no one took the time to find out & post was that even though Tim had physically left Orlando, he had a team still in place to search. Many members of that team make up TES in Orlando today & searched for Hayleigh this weekend. Many of those FL members, like members in many other states, go where ever they are needed to search.

I sat & cried today because this little girl has not been found, because so many others have not been found. I HATE it, I HATE those who harm our children. I bet Tim & many TES members shared a lot of tears as well. It is just heart breaking & I think Tim would give his life for any of these missing children..........he almost has!

I really don't mean to sound rude, that is not my intent, but "bail" is just a good or accurate word to use. He left a search & there could be many reasons for that.
God Bless all of you who searched, prayed, donated food, water or your hard earned cash. So many lost children, not enough Tim Miller's.:blowkiss:

Thank You for the welcome! I only base the assumption of her NOT being there because I cant buy that she was there and didnt hear/see anything at all. I spent the better part of my teen-age and upper 20's in a small town, living in trailer parks, with a very abusive husband who I was terrified of. We got married at 16 and I had my son by the time I was 17. Looking at all the myspaces's it obvious to me that drinking was the entertainment of the night. Trailer parks where everyone knows everyone-they get together and every nights a party. I dont think she wanted to miss out and her family was probably there too. I think she may have become very comfortable with the leaving the kids for short periods of time. I DO NOT think she is guilty of anything except leaving them for a bit and coming up with a story (cinderblock). She is telling the truth (polygraph) when they ask if she knows who took HC. She truly doesnt know who but she does know the why of it all-because she was negligent-something she hopes never comes to light.

It sounds very likely to me, too. OR she could have knocked back a few beers while cleaning house before going to bed, so was pretty zonked and just didn't hear anything. My son can sleep through a thunderstorm, and sometimes I do, too, and NOT drinking anything. But I think I would be alert if someone came in my house, and especially took someone from my bed or even my room, in the middle of the night, I would know it.
I'm not ready to buy that she had a habit of leaving them alone every night to go visit or party with friends... maybe this was a one-time thing and some SO got lucky. I said from the beginning that there might be something she isn't telling for fear Ronald will blow up at her. She seems to be pretty scared right now.... and that bothers me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname