FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, not much. I have thought about it maybe being to hold the door shut if the latch is broken, so the door doesn't slam in the wind. I don't think I saw a railing and my fiance doesn't remember one either, but they only showed it for a second.
The other option that I have thought of is maybe at night, using the rope to tie one of the children outside. I don't know, it would have had to have been at night for something like that, which would have meant that Misty was doing it.
Even though I do think that whatever happened to Haleigh is at least partially Misty's fault, I hate to thin that she was capable of sustained cruelty.
So I am hoping that it's one of the simple explanations, like to hold the door shut or something that the prior tenants left that Ron and Misty never took off.

Wow, that's a leap I am not ready to take yet. Not without some concrete evidence of prolonged abuse coming to light.
I still think Misty knows something, but she may not even be aware that she does. Or she is afraid to tell it. Haven't heard anything indicating she's cruel. As a matter of fact, heard she loved the kids and the kids loved her. That was even from bio moms fam before they all decided to make nice.

jr. being a witness is definitely something to think about. i wonder how well he can communicate? i wonder if he would remember or think it was strange if he didn't see his sister for an hour or two before bed? or if he'd be able to tell someone this?

This is for txsvicki in response to your question about behavior problems in girls with TS. (from the previous thread)
Yes, they have socialization problems and also problems with spacial perception (many can't get a driver's license because of the perception problems). They are usually very bright, but are very nonverbal and lack the ability to "read" signals from other people--they don't pick up on the fact that they are on your last nerve or that you are upset--you have to tell them specifically that you are upset because ... or that ____ is really bothering you. I would think this would be difficult for a 17 year old to be aware of and understand that it is not misbehavior, but just the way their brain is wired. Heck, I'm 57 and it's sometimes hard for me to remember to be very specific about what the particular behavior is and exactly how it should be corrected!

I was just thinking about the thing that bothers me most... why Misty didn't call 911 right away. What if she knew she had to call the police but there were drugs, or something else that is illegal, in the home. Maybe in that 20 minute-ish period she was disposing of something or hiding something. IF the allegations against Ronald from Crystal are true, he was/is a coke dealer.

Lisa Carman Croslin Age 39 (Misty’s Mother)

Carman is also a surname. Some women take there maiden name as their middle once married.

OMG... look at this freeze frame of RC and Misty. I had to do a double take. That's his girlfriend??

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,492185,00.html

Watching this video, I heard yet another story..
Ron says that once he seen Misty and wondered why she was up, Misty said she woke up to go to the bathroom,seen that Haleigh not in the bed so she went to go find her when she noticed the door was open.
:confused::confused::confused:

I was just thinking about the thing that bothers me most... why Misty didn't call 911 right away. What if she knew she had to call the police but there were drugs, or something else that is illegal, in the home. Maybe in that 20 minute-ish period she was disposing of something or hiding something. IF the allegations against Ronald from Crystal are true, he was/is a coke dealer.

I don't understand why she didn't call the police for so long either. I definately know that at 17 being alone with 2 kids in the middle of the night early morning I'd be scared to death. Which, she prob was scared being in the trailor alone to be sleeping in the room with children. I think my instincts would tell me to immediately grab the other child and call 911. Even run to a neighbors house with the other child and call 911. I would be scared the person was still in the house or might come back. I wouldn't just sit there twirling my hair. Now as a mother I'd be out for blood, but I still wouldn't let the other child out of my sight.

From the Greta interview:
VAN SUSTEREN: Was anything going on with her? Did she fall asleep easily? Was she at all anxious, getting up and leaving the bed?
CROSLIN: No. She had school, so I put her to bed about 8:00 because that is her bedtime so she can get up and go to school, so she's not tired.

VAN SUSTEREN: Have you been drinking or anything so you would be in a heavy, deep sleep all that night?
CROSLIN: No.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, did anyone come over to the house that evening while Ronald was at work? Any friends come over?
CROSLIN: No. My older brother had come over with my nephews, and the AC guy.
VAN SUSTEREN: What time did they leave?
CROSLIN: They got there about 5:00. And they stayed for about 30 minutes until about 5:30, 5:45.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, let me ask you this same question. Misty, how do you think that door got open?
CROSLIN: Someone had either picked the lock, they would have had to pick the lock. That is the only way that anybody could have gotten in our back door is if they picked the lock.

VAN SUSTEREN: How far was Haleigh physically sleeping from you?
CUMMINGS: Probably not three or four inches away. She was in front of the TV, not that far away at all.
VAN SUSTEREN: Did you say three or four inches away?
CROSLIN: I mean, I am not sure. It was not that far away.
VAN SUSTEREN: Can you hold up your hands and show how far away she was sleeping?
CROSLIN: Probably from both of these chairs put together from my bed.
VAN SUSTEREN: About as far as Ronald is from you?
CROSLIN: Yes.
CUMMINGS: No.
CROSLIN: No?
CUMMINGS: I know where the beds were at. They are about four feet apart from the edge of the bed she was in to the edge of the bed Haleigh was in.
CROSLIN: I was not measuring or anything like that, so--
VAN SUSTEREN: I know you both took a polygraph today. Did they say you were deceptive or not on the polygraph. Did they tell you how your results were? How were yours, Ronald?
CUMMINGS: Absolutely, they did. And it was not today that we took a polygraph. We took the polygraph yesterday. And, yes, we both did pass.
VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, what did they say about your results?
CROSLIN: You mean that I passed?
VAN SUSTEREN: Did they use the word "pass," or did they say there was no sign of deception?
CUMMINGS: They told me that I passed.
CROSLIN: They really did not say much to me.

Sorry for the long post, some of this is strange, some very telling to me..

on greta just now, said reclassified from abduction to endagered missing child??? LE says they made mistake and always should have called it that. Also, when asked why LE keeps going back to MIsty, they answered because they still don't have all the answers they want. Greta asked reporter what does that mean, reporter said LE says it's not because she ins't cooperating (she and all fam are), but too many pieces not fitting still. Huh.

I don't understand why she didn't call the police for so long either. I definately know that at 17 being alone with 2 kids in the middle of the night early morning I'd be scared to death. Which, she prob was scared being in the trailor alone to be sleeping in the room with children. I think my instincts would tell me to immediately grab the other child and call 911. Even run to a neighbors house with the other child and call 911. I would be scared the person was still in the house or might come back. I wouldn't just sit there twirling my hair. Now as a mother I'd be out for blood, but I still wouldn't let the other child out of my sight.
I don't get that either, even if she's young, which she is, I would think that finding your boyfriend's daughter missing at 3:00 am would have you on that phone right away. Now, there are some people who have had a lot of contact with the police that are afraid to call the police for anything, but I would think this situation would trump any fear of police.

From the Greta interview:
VAN SUSTEREN: Was anything going on with her? Did she fall asleep easily? Was she at all anxious, getting up and leaving the bed?
CROSLIN: No. She had school, so I put her to bed about 8:00 because that is her bedtime so she can get up and go to school, so she's not tired.

VAN SUSTEREN: Have you been drinking or anything so you would be in a heavy, deep sleep all that night?
CROSLIN: No.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, did anyone come over to the house that evening while Ronald was at work? Any friends come over?
CROSLIN: No. My older brother had come over with my nephews, and the AC guy.
VAN SUSTEREN: What time did they leave?
CROSLIN: They got there about 5:00. And they stayed for about 30 minutes until about 5:30, 5:45.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, let me ask you this same question. Misty, how do you think that door got open?
CROSLIN: Someone had either picked the lock, they would have had to pick the lock. That is the only way that anybody could have gotten in our back door is if they picked the lock.

VAN SUSTEREN: How far was Haleigh physically sleeping from you?
CUMMINGS: Probably not three or four inches away. She was in front of the TV, not that far away at all.
VAN SUSTEREN: Did you say three or four inches away?
CROSLIN: I mean, I am not sure. It was not that far away.
VAN SUSTEREN: Can you hold up your hands and show how far away she was sleeping?
CROSLIN: Probably from both of these chairs put together from my bed.
VAN SUSTEREN: About as far as Ronald is from you?
CROSLIN: Yes.
CUMMINGS: No.
CROSLIN: No?
CUMMINGS: I know where the beds were at. They are about four feet apart from the edge of the bed she was in to the edge of the bed Haleigh was in.
CROSLIN: I was not measuring or anything like that, so--
VAN SUSTEREN: I know you both took a polygraph today. Did they say you were deceptive or not on the polygraph. Did they tell you how your results were? How were yours, Ronald?
CUMMINGS: Absolutely, they did. And it was not today that we took a polygraph. We took the polygraph yesterday. And, yes, we both did pass.
VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, what did they say about your results?
CROSLIN: You mean that I passed?
VAN SUSTEREN: Did they use the word "pass," or did they say there was no sign of deception?
CUMMINGS: They told me that I passed.
CROSLIN: They really did not say much to me.

Sorry for the long post, some of this is strange, some very telling to me..

Did you notice Ron's facial expressions while Misty answered some of those questions? It was as if this was the first time he had heard her answers, or not what she had told him before..?

Yea. As a mom, I try to put myself in her position and I'm pretty sure if I was in a trailer in the woods by myself, I would grab a weapon, my phone, the other kid, and hide in the closet while I called police. Then again, I might start screaming my head off and running around madly trying to find the missing child.

There are so many "normal" ways to act when you find your child missing out of their bed. Misty did not act normal, we can tell that for sure. But could it be because she is not their mom? Or was it normal for Haleigh to wander the house at night? Or was she under the influence of something that caused her judgment and reactions to be muted. She comes across as someone who cares for children. On various people's MySpace's, I saw tons of pictures of her with her nieces and nephews, it is obvious that she does have experience with children and enjoys them. I cannot see her purposefully harming Haleigh.

Are we even sure that Misty really had a phone to call 911? I know earlier there was discussion of whether there were ever really 2 phones in that house or if Ron had the only one.

I think she was scared to death - of Ron. She's barely 17 and these are not her babies. IMO - she doesn't have the instincts that a mother would have to get the he!! out. She may have been looking for Haleigh or getting rid of something she didn't want LE to find or really just didn't know what to do. If they were dealing drugs, it would explain why RC immediately assumed someone took his child as opposed to her just wandering away. That just doesn't sit right with me.

on greta just now, said reclassified from abduction to endagered missing child??? LE says they made mistake and always should have called it that. Also, when asked why LE keeps going back to MIsty, they answered because they still don't have all the answers they want. Greta asked reporter what does that mean, reporter said LE says it's not because she ins't cooperating (she and all fam are), but too many pieces not fitting still. Huh.

maybe misty and others are acting like they are cooperating and answering questions and what not.......but maybe the answers they are giving are B.S.

i guess not cooperating would mean lawyering up and refusing to talk.

Can someone splain that to me. Someone took her then - they didn't... but she is missing. What I am not getting here. They don't believe that a stranger took her but somebody did. :banghead: She's cooperating but they still don't know anything or Misty just doesen't have the answers they want?. :confused:

i thought that too.
YES!

IMO, Misty is sticking to her story, thus "cooperating"
"I didnt leave the back door open"
"I didnt put the cinder block there"
"I didnt hear anything"
She probably doesnt have the resources to lawyer up, so she is cooperating, but sticking to the same answers. I'd be willing to bet the inconsistencies are around the 8-10pm mark.

Yea. As a mom, I try to put myself in her position and I'm pretty sure if I was in a trailer in the woods by myself, I would grab a weapon, my phone, the other kid, and hide in the closet while I called police. Then again, I might start screaming my head off and running around madly trying to find the missing child.

There are so many "normal" ways to act when you find your child missing out of their bed. Misty did not act normal, we can tell that for sure. But could it be because she is not their mom? Or was it normal for Haleigh to wander the house at night? Or was she under the influence of something that caused her judgment and reactions to be muted. She comes across as someone who cares for children. On various people's MySpace's, I saw tons of pictures of her with her nieces and nephews, it is obvious that she does have experience with children and enjoys them. I cannot see her purposefully harming Haleigh.

Sometimes pictures and looks can be decieving. There are pictures of lot's of people out there looking caring, nurturing, and happy in pictures. But what happens behind closed doors. One thing you almost always hear the neighbors say in case when people harm their children or other children is " I don't believe it" or "they were such a happy family". I don't want to believe anybody this little girl knew or loved harmed her either, but as we've been shown in the past it does happen and more then we like to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA