GUILTY FL - Astronaut Lisa Nowak arrested in kidnap attempt, 5 Feb 2007

He Said, She Read, and the Rest Is History

By GINA SUNSERI

byline_abcnews.gif

HOUSTON, March 6, 2007— Shuttle pilot Bill Oefelein admitted to detectives he had an affair with fellow astronaut Lisa Nowak that lasted for years, but in a lengthy statement given to investigators with the Orlando Police Department and just released this week by the prosecutors in the case, he appeared surprised that she would target his new lover for bodily harm.

What emerges from the transcript of his police interview is that the timing of Nowak's alleged attack was hardly a coincidence. After they began their affair and Oefelein left his wife, it would be three more years before Nowak would do the same. And just weeks after she ended her 19-year-long marriage, Oefelein dumped her for his new girlfriend. more at link:http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2928974&page=1

Astronaut Lisa Nowak was fired from NASA on Wednesday, a month after she was charged with trying to kidnap a woman she regarded as her romantic rival for the affection of a space shuttle pilot.

NASA officials said Nowak's dismissal did not reflect the space agency's belief in her guilt or innocence. The agency said it lacked an administrative system to handle the allegations.

LINK

I wonder if he will be disciplined for the affair? It only seems right.

I was just amazed at the lengths she went through to get to Florida.

Surely, this woman will do jail time. Does anyone think that she will get a suspended sentence with probation??

Wonder what the sixty-some "orange pills wrapped in paper towels" were?

I think the Navy better take a real close look at this woman before they place her into any job! Because judging from her arrest photo, she needs to be drug tested in additional to psychologically tested.

Oh those defense attorneys. How is the rumor that she was wearing a diaper going to affect her trial?????? Anything to delay delay delay :banghead:

When this story first broke and I heard about the Depends I wondered if that was for the other woman she confronted/assaulted. It seems the use of these disposable diapers would facilitate the keeping of a hostage/prisoner. No need for bathroom use, just tie her up and slap on a diaper. So when I heard this attorney dispute that Nowak was wearing the diaper I thought it still doesn't sound good for her. What other uses for those diapers if not for herself?

Fox News just reported that Nowak's lawyer will officially announce an Insanity defense--lol--good luck

Fox News just reported that Nowak's lawyer will officially announce an Insanity defense--lol--good luck

I watched her news conference the other day. She referenced the hundreds of letters she's received from people who 'support' her! LOL, if she truly received hundreds of support letters, maybe her lawyer can use that group of people to pull jurors from.

I just knew LN was coo coo for coco puffs,lol...jmo..

Seriously, i think its very scary how this all went down..

I kinda figured she might cop insanity plea,jmo...

More than likely, im going to follow this case...

The judge is going to let her remove her monitor! I really didn't think this would happen!

ORLANDO, Fla. - Former astronaut Lisa Nowak can remove an electronic monitoring bracelet from her ankle, a circuit court judge ruled Thursday ahead of her trial for allegedly attacking a romantic rival.
ADVERTISEMENT

Nowak argued it was expensive, bulky and uncomfortable. Judge Marc L. Lubet said that didn't matter, but Nowak had behaved well enough over the past 7 months to earn release.

More at link.

The judge is going to let her remove her monitor! I really didn't think this would happen!

ORLANDO, Fla. - Former astronaut Lisa Nowak can remove an electronic monitoring bracelet from her ankle, a circuit court judge ruled Thursday ahead of her trial for allegedly attacking a romantic rival.
ADVERTISEMENT

Nowak argued it was expensive, bulky and uncomfortable. Judge Marc L. Lubet said that didn't matter, but Nowak had behaved well enough over the past 7 months to earn release.

More at link.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Is all I can say!

ADVERTISEMENT

More at link.
ok so she is crazy and that is why she did this but the monitor makes it hard to keep in shape so she can chase down the woman with the rubber mallet... sure this makes perfect sense to me...

BOLO: crazy former astronaut, may be hanging out in gyms or hardware stores.

I bet the woman she was attempting to "just scare" isn't too happy.

If I were the judge I'd say, "don't like the monitoring device? No problem. Go to jail and we'll remove it". I sound like a hard azz today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarrickuk
Back