GUILTY FL - Astronaut Lisa Nowak arrested in kidnap attempt, 5 Feb 2007

She looks like 2 different people. Wonder if she's bi-polar? I mean she has the highs where shes successful in her career and then the lows where she becomes sobsessed maybe? I dunno.

nanandjim said:
I don't know how they can prove this charge. I would think that assault (due to the pepper spray) and possibly attempted kidnapping. I do believe that she would have murdered this woman had her plans not been derailed. However, I don't know how they are going to prove the attempted murder charge.
I agree with you naj.

I was just wondering what made her snap in the first place.. I wonder what her marriage is like and why she would go this far.. She wasted her life away just for this one man... I wonder what Oefeleins thinks of all this..I wonder what his story is.. I'd like to hear from him...

Wow, Curious1, you must be reading my mind! I'm bi-polar and the first thought about this woman's behavior was she has the same disease. I've never wanted to hurt anyone or anything, but I've driven hundreds of miles to "take a vacation" without my family, spent too much money, and thought I was a "catch" for any guy I saw. Of course, this behavior happened many years ago when I was young, but she fits right in doesn't she?:cool:

Glow said:
Ok I 'll ask..........

what was the rubber tubing for?

In the bag was the BB gun, a steel mallet, a 4-inch folding knife, $600, garbage bags and rubber tubing :confused:

what would THAT be used for? :eek:
The rubber tubing would function well as a tourniquet, used to prevent excessive bleeding, while she severed the limbs by malleting the knife through the joints, until she managed to get the severed limbs, and torso, into all those plastic bags.

I read where he is not married but does have children; divorced I assume. I don't know about the intended victim though.

Buzzm1 said:
The rubber tubing would function well as a tourniquet, used to prevent excessive bleeding, while she severed the limbs by malleting the knife through the joints, until she managed to get the severed limbs, and torso, into all those plastic bags.
:Note to self...never make Buzz angry:::D

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20070206/i/r2637839185.jpg?x=243&y=345&sig=nDPnXPLhy75HQILY7oE1PQ--
He is a nice looking man....

capt.sge.pno22.060207163332.photo01.photo.default-409x512.jpg

And she was a nice looking woman...not so much now though which is why I am thinking some drug use might not be out of the question.

santos1014 said:
She is married w/ 3 kids- I haven't seen anywhere if the other 2 are married and/ or have families.
Colleen and Bill both are single.

Buzzm1 said:

OMG, Buzz, you scare me!!! :blowkiss:

Buzzm1 said:

That makes sense Buzz.

She sounds obsessive and extremely territorial. Just because the relationship was not physically romantic, did that mean that it was not emotionally romantic as well? The article doesn't indicate. Anyone associated with the space program is given a battery of tests, including psychological. So I am assuming she passed them with no negative outstanding characteristics or tendencies alerting them. So what made her snap like that? I think it will be interesting to find out what role (if any) Oefelein plays in all of this.

capt.ny11802060230.astronaut_arrested_ny118.jpg

She is starting to look rough in this pic from June of 06. The teeth are deteriorating; isn't that a sign of drug use? (the teeth and skin usually tell the tale) I just can't see what else could make her flip out and plan what it sounds like she was planning. The bi-polar angle could work too I guess.

Smurf said:
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070206/capt.ny11802060230.astronaut_arrested_ny118.jpg?x=250&y=345&sig=MGcZFvFtRHxhkrdg0EO15A--

She is starting to look rough in this pic from June of 06. The teeth are deteriorating; isn't that a sign of drug use? (the teeth and skin usually tell the tale) I just can't see what else could make her flip out and plan what it sounds like she was planning. The bi-polar angle could work too I guess.
Those look like braces of some kind to me, not tooth decay. The spots are in line... :confused:

Buzzm1 said:
Hey Buzz please tell us this is from reading!! Not from experince. maybe I am living to close to you :eek: :eek:

Her teeth are very nice and straight in her posed orange suit Nasa picture. Now they are all jagged and pointy. I am not seeing anything that looks like braces.

santos1014 said:
:Note to self...never make Buzz angry:::D

LOL... I'm with you on that one... :chicken:

Glow said:
That makes sense Buzz.

She sounds obsessive and extremely territorial. Just because the relationship was not physically romantic, did that mean that it was not emotionally romantic as well? The article doesn't indicate. Anyone associated with the space program is given a battery of tests, including psychological. So I am assuming she passed them with no negative outstanding characteristics or tendencies alerting them. So what made her snap like that? I think it will be interesting to find out what role (if any) Oefelein plays in all of this.
I'd like to know as well..

Smurf said:
Her teeth are very nice and straight in her posed orange suit Nasa picture. Now they are all jagged and pointy. I am not seeing anything that looks like braces.
I see what you mean now, the chip? I was talking about the barely discernable line going across about the middle of her teeth in the picture you linked. They look like braces, and the way she is holding her mouth is how people who've had braces smile too. (Had a good friend who had braces for years, starting in the mid-eighties.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back