Identified! FL - Big Coppitt Key, 'Valentine Jane Doe' 49UFFL, 16-25, Feb'91 - Wanda Deann Kirkum *killer died*

A g.f.m. has been started to bury Wanda by a Debbie Shepherd. I am not sure how legit this is, but I googled her and she was/is apparently a victim's advocate and has received several honours at the Monroe County Sheriff's Office. I am not linking since that is against WS ToS, but there's a lot of interesting information on that page. If it's genuine/verified, I honestly do not know, so please approach with caution and take your salts by the barrels!

Has it been established if Wanda had a child? There was mention of stretch marks and may have given birth on namus. Could stretch marks be visible if you lost a lot of weight? Was the thought she had given birth only due to stretch marks or was it pelvis bone?

Stretch marks can appear if you are gaining weight fast, and it doesnt have to be much, depends on the person, age, health, skin condition etc. Losing weight as far as I know can't cause stretch marks but it can make them more visible, especially if its caused by worsened living conditions.

My 22yo (slim) daughter has stretch marks on her stomach and upper thighs that appeared during a very fast growth spurt as a teenager. She has never been overweight or pregnant.
Same thing happened to me when I was a teenager. Also again in my mid twenties but this time a doctor told me the new stretch marks were caused by me rapidly losing weight. FWIW

This reminds me of Mary London’s murder. In both cases, the perpetrator was killed just a year after the crime. The difference, however, is that Vernon Parker’s murder was solved; Bradley’s doesn’t seem to have ever been.

I don’t even know Bradley’s date of birth. He’s a mysterious character, to say the least.

Someone deserves a name.

Somebody deserves justice.

For nearly 30 years, that was the mantra from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in the case of Valentine Jane Doe, a young woman found brutally raped, beaten and strangled to death along a Florida highway.

Seven months ago, Valentine Jane Doe finally had a name and, at least, some form of justice.

Now the family of Wanda Deann Kirkum is hoping for help in giving an ending to the long, tragic story of a lost girl from Pavilion.

“She went for so long without a name, that I feel I want to give her name back with a proper burial and a proper headstone,” said her cousin, Brenda Chartraw of Oakfield. “I want a headstone so everyone can see it.”
She deserved a name and now she deserves a proper burial
upload_2021-1-23_8-14-35.jpeg

Few years ago I spend weeks trying to maybe figure out who she is and later, regularly was checking out if there is anything new. I didn't even imagined that could be solvable but I'm thankful that it was.

It makes me so mad when I look at her.

Such a pretty girl with not very flattering pic from her childhood I guess.

I typed her name in google and i should be used to that but I'm not. It's disgusting to show her right next to that piece of $#!+ who killed her. It so disrespectful for the victims, why do people glue pictures of victims with their kilers, it should not be done, it awful. Especially with her, she's much younger there and it feels like he's not only beated her, raped her, killed her and took rest of her life but also got entitled to be immortalized with her childhood face next to him.
Why do people allow that sticking victims with their killers "collage"? I would just break if I lost someone I love to murder and have to look at that awful, disgusting, smiling pic OF THEIR MURDERER right next to them everywhere, like it's some damned wedding pic or memoir.

Well, basically I'm just breaking right now, and I didn't even knew her.

A monument company from Batavia has donated a headstone as part of an ongoing effort to help bury the cremains of a young woman from Genesee County who was murdered 30 years ago.
upload_2021-2-26_5-59-21.jpeg
Brenda Chartraw of Oakfield has been trying to raise money to properly bury and recognize the life of her cousin, Wanda Deann Kirkum.

Kirkum, who lived in Pavilion and was 16 when she ran away in 1989.

Chartraw is in possession of Brenda’s cremains and the story was featured in The Daily News in January. Chartraw is hoping to raise $6,500 through a *** account to give her cousin a proper burial.

Since the story was published, the *** has raised more than half of its goal.

Chartraw said Spectrum News interviewed her for a story and on Valentine’s Day, the 30th anniversary of Kirkum’s death, a YouTuber from Florida featured the story on her popular YouTube channel.

Gabbey Valente, known as gabulosis on YouTube, broadcasts true crime and mystery stories.

Valente asked for donations for Kirkum and more than $2,000 was raised since the show aired.

And recently, Oakley Monument of Batavia reached out to Chartraw and offered to donate a headstone.

“I’m very thankful for everyone who has been helping,” Chartraw said.

Chartraw now is in the process of organizing a basket raffle that will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 3 at Caryville Inn in Oakfield.

“I didn’t realize how much work it is to have a basket raffle,” she said. “It’s really made me want to help others more so I guess something good is coming from this.”

Chartraw said she hopes to have a church and burial service for Kirkum in the spring or early summer at St. Cecilia Cemetery.
Donations pour in for proper burial for Wanda Deanna Kirkum

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back