GUILTY FL - Blake, 54, & Mary-Jo Hadley, 47, beaten, Port St Lucie, 16 July 2011

TYLER HADLEY RESENTENCING - DAY 5 - PART 3

----

TYLER HADLEY RESENTENCING - DAY 5 - PART 4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 5 of the Tyler Hadley resentencing hearing (with clip)

Oct 5, 2018

"FORT PIERCE, Fla. - An adolescent psychologist from William James College continued testifying in the Tyler Hadley resentencing hearing Friday morning.

The defense’s witness told the judge no single factor led Hadley to kill his parents in 2011.

He believes a combination of Hadley's depression, isolation, lack of self-confidence, failure to achieve and maintain positive engagements, his substance misuse and his intensifying conflict with his parents may have all played a role in what led the then teenager down a path that ultimately resulted in him murdering his parents.

“I don’t know if that conflict with his parents that afternoon was the final straw,” said Dr. Robert Kinscherff, psychologist. ...

The defense team called Hadley's grandmother back on the stand Friday afternoon. Maggie DiVittorio said she would like to have him see the light of day some day. DiVittorio said she talks to her grandson every day sometimes more than once a day. She told the judge that Tyler has told her that he does cry.

Hadley could be seen getting emotional while hearing his grandmother testify.

DiVittorio said in her heart she knows what he did, but knows how she feels and how her daughter would feel. "

Day 5 of the Tyler Hadley resentencing hearing
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 6:

angelarozier‏Verified account @wpbf_angela 2h2 hours ago
Day six of the re-sentencing hearing underway for #TylerHadley who killed his parents with a hammer then threw a party at their home back in 2011. Hadley is asking for his two life terms to be reduced to 40 years. @WPBF25News

(video clip: angelarozier on Twitter )

Melissa E. Holsman‏Verified account @MHolsman 2h2 hours ago
Hearing begins in #TylerHadley hearing, immediately both sides have a sidebar with judge Gary Sweet. Tyler in court in red shirt, slacks and tie.

As #TylerHadley sidebar continues, appears his lawyer PD Diamond Litty is doing most of the talking, maybe we won't end so early today after all, no telling what they're discussing, white noise fills courtroom.

In court #TylerHadley is addressing court, reading from a letter, to judge. Says he doesn't know why he killed his parents, and is sorry.

angelarozier‏Verified account @wpbf_angela 2h2 hours ago
Tyler Hadley talks during his re-sentencing hearing.#TylerHadley @WPBF25News

(video clip: angelarozier on Twitter

Now #TylerHadley is finished, sits down, and judge gives Nov. 9 deadline to turn in closing statements. Hearing recessed.

Jon Shainman‏Verified account @JonShainman 2h2 hours ago
Question to Mike Hadley, #TylerHadley uncle: How do you go on? @WPTV

(video clip: Jon Shainman on Twitter )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
TYLER HADLEY RESENTENCING - DAY 6 - PART 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyler Hadley speaks at resentencing hearing, says he's sorry for killing parents (with clip)

Oct 8, 2018

"At his resentencing hearing Monday morning Tyler told a judge he doesn't understand why he killed his parents but said he was sorry....

Hadley said words cannot explain the amount of remorse and sorrow for his actions and how they have affected his family and his parents' friends.

"I still don't understand myself and the reasons for my atrocious actions. I really don't know, contrary to what anyone else may tell you. I'm telling you the truth. For me to try and explain would be like making excuses and there is no excuse," Hadley told the court....

"What I can tell you is how sorry I am. How I wish it never happened," Hadley said...."

Tyler Hadley speaks at resentencing hearing, says he's sorry for killing parents
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Family reacts to Tyler Hadley apology (with clip)

"FORT PIERCE, Fla. - After a full week of testimony about him, Tyler Hadley spoke for himself, for 48 seconds, apologizing for his actions.

“I’m sorry to my brother, my grandparents, the rest of my family and the rest of my parents' friends. I’m sorry I took them away from you," Hadley said, looking straight ahead at the judge.

Tyler’s uncle Mike Hadley says this resentencing hearing was like the 'third funeral we've gone through.'"

“Even though we love our nephew Tyler, we know he’s done a terrible thing," Mike Hadley said....

“His brain was fully developed. How could it not have been to miraculously and methodically plan and carry out an attack?” Mike Hadley asked....

“We’re going to go on and live our lives and put pieces together but I hope to God this is it and we don’t have to do this anymore," said Mike Hadley.

Judge Gary Sweet told the attorneys to submit their final written arguments by November 9th. The judge will rule sometime afterward whether Hadley could get as little as 40 years, or be resentenced to life."

Family reacts to Tyler Hadley apology
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1037891_300x300_1.jpeg

Attorneys in the case submitted their sentence requests to the judge last week.

Prosecutors again are asking for life as to each count of murder.

The defense asking for a 40-year concurrent sentence.

In either case, Hadley would be entitled to a review of his sentence after 25 years.

The judge has yet to decide when he’ll make a final ruling.

Tyler Hadley: I laughed after killing parents

FORT PIERCE — Tyler Hadley this month will learn whether a judge, once again, will order him to spend his life in prison for the brutal beating deaths of his parents in 2011.

Hadley's resentencing hearing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Dec. 20 in St. Lucie County Circuit Judge Gary Sweet's court, his office confirmed Thursday.

Hadley, 17 then and 24 now, faces two terms for using a claw hammer to kill his parents: mother Mary Jo, 47, and father Blake, 54.

The terms could range from a minimum of 40 years up to life, and the judge could order him to serve them at the same time or back-to-back.

Either way, he'll get an automatic review of his sentence after serving 25 years.

Tyler Hadley to be resentenced for murder of parents in Port St. Lucie home

Man who killed parents with a hammer to be re-sentenced days before Christmas

Hadley initially received a life sentence in 2014 for the killings. But a new state law required a new review of all cases of minors convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison.

Prosecutors want life in prison. Hadley's attorneys are pushing for the minimum sentence of 40 years with a review after 25.

Man who killed parents with a hammer to be re-sentenced days before Christmas

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back