FL - Boy Survives Attack Of 4 Pit Bulls

OneLostGrl said:
The people that just moved in behind us brought 2 pit bull's with them. Before I continue on, let me just state that I adore dogs.... BUT-

These animals that now live very close to my backyard are very obviously guard dogs. Both of them are chained to trees with less than a foot of chain and anytime we even walk out of our home they go nuts trying to get at us. They are not given food or water- which says to me, they are intending to keep these dogs pissed off.

I have kids who go outdoors and we have tons of neighbors that have children also. I will not take the chance... not at the possible cost of my childrens lives! Hubby and I borrowed our friends gun today and sadly, I do intend to kill the dogs- this evening!

I feel awful having to do it but I know that LE here will do nothing about the dogs if I were to call them about it.

okok- let the haters hate!

I understand how you feel. are you really just going to go next door and shoot them? can you imagine what repercussions the people may take? won't they be able to take you to court?these dogs do sound mean (not surprising with the conditions they're being kept under). the thing is, how useful are they as guard dogs if they are chained up? thank goodness they are chained, although it's really cruel.

have you talked to the owners about their animals at all?

T-Rex said:
Hey Hon--

I know you're talking faceteously. Please delete your post before someone takes you seriously. :)
And as you say, if they DID happen to get loose, and come in your yard, of course you'd be justified.

t-rex--- but that's the whole problem,, of course. by the time they get loose IT'S ALREADY TOO LATE. how much do law-abiding, non-pit bull owning people (or, i should say, those of us who are not bad-*advertiser censored*, antisocial, pit bull-abusing idiot thugs) have to take???? when will be able to, and allowed,, to do what it takes to protect ourselves, our families, and our pets??? i mean, proactively-- BEFORE one of our children or pets (or, WE) get mauled or killed?? HOW MANY is it going to take?? could someone give me an actual NUMBER,, please????

Floh said:
I understand how you feel. are you really just going to go next door and shoot them? can you imagine what repercussions the people may take? won't they be able to take you to court?these dogs do sound mean (not surprising with the conditions they're being kept under). the thing is, how useful are they as guard dogs if they are chained up? thank goodness they are chained, although it's really cruel.

have you talked to the owners about their animals at all?

Sadly, I can't get into their yard to speak with them!

The day after they moved in I saw the Telephone company van pull up and 2 workers get out but the dogs went crazy, trying to get loose.. so the workers left. No way I'm I even attempting to go iinto their yard!

honestly it sounds more merciful that those dogs not be alive at all, if their only life is to be chained to a tree for the rest of their existence. don't you all have a humane society where you live...???? doesn't your city have laws about providing animals shelter and proper care???

reb said:
t-rex--- but that's the whole problem,, of course. by the time they get loose IT'S ALREADY TOO LATE. how much do law-abiding, non-pit bull owning people (or, i should say, thos os us who are not bad-*advertiser censored*, antisocial, pit bull-abusing idiot thugs) have to take???? when will be able to, and allowed,, to do what it takes to protect ourselves, our families, and our pets??? i mean, proactively-- BEFORE one of our children or pets (or, WE) get mauled or killed?? HOW MANY is it going to take?? could someone give me an actual NUMBER,, please????

Reb- you are absolutely right!

Several years ago I was attacked by a English Springer Spaniel. I had bones hanging out of my arm when it was done with me... I'd always thought if I got bit by a dog I'd be able to get it off of me. That was SOO not the case!

I had my arm lifted above my head and was shaking it, trying to make the dog let go. There was nothing I could do, nothing! I have nerve damage from the attack and they are *sweet* dogs!

I can't imagine what a Pit can do!

reb said:
honestly it sounds more merciful that those dogs not be alive at all, if their only life is to be chained to a tree for the rest of their existence. don't you all have a humane society where you live...???? doesn't your city have laws about providing animals shelter and proper care???

The humane society of Myrtle beach does not come to my town. They will only take dogs from the beach.

Where I live they do not come out for "Animal issues"... messed up, I know!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back