FL - Brandi Peters, 27, & her 3 kids found murdered, Tallahassee, 20 Nov 2010 *Guilty*

Disgusting and alarming, I am from Houston, Texas. I have never heard of this case...seems to be a trend writing songs. What is wrong with these people? I am also shocked there are not more people on this thread but happy with our small group of voices here

It was also one of those cases where he wanted the kids so he didn't have to pay Child Support. So he kills mom instead!

Oh yeah I remember that case. His new wife helped him hide and cut up the ex’s body. In fact she took him and the kids with the body in the back to her sister’s by the lake or something. And that’s where they disposed the body! The wife claimed he threatened her. Both husband and wife were convicted.

I know it seems that way at times and then at other times I see some blaming the defendant. Vinny is a former prosecutor and I see him wavering more for the prosecution side, then he tips it the other side. I guess when you are on a program or hosting one you can't seem too bias towards or against the defendant. It could lose your audience I guess. I guess they have to walk a narrow line and play fair even if they don't want to.

I am just guessing that is how it is. moo

Nancy Grace & Judge Jeanine Pirro pro-prosecution helped balance it out....long ago

He brings up the judge would not allow the hairdresser to testify.
This will be up on appeal he says.
I thought his haute ego was showing as he says I tried to teach the jury about DNA...they didn’t get it.
Lolol.

MOO

The weird thing in all of this is that I've never seen a defense lawyer agree with his client in wanting death. Regardless of whether it garners more scrutiny. There is no guarantee of a reversal so the fact that Prince could be so arrogant is baffling to me. Usually defense lawyers find the DP so repugnant that they take DP clients to prevent a DP verdict. They know the client will get a guilty verdict and their main goal is avoid the DP. Like I said before, in the Luis Toledo trial the lawyers threatened to recuse themselves when Toledo said he wanted DP.

My hunch in this case is that Segura was such a difficult client that Prince was just over it! So over it that he didn't care if his client got the DP.

TALLAHASSEE, FL (WTXL) - — Court documents show Henry Segura is now starting his life sentences in state prison following last week's convictions.

Records show he was booked at the Reception and Medical Center in Lake Butler. Segura was convicted to four, life-in-prison sentences Thursday.

Henry Segura begins life prison sentences

I hope he is not kept close as Prince requested.

Dennis Williams' sister, Brandi Peters, was murdered along with her three kids in 2010. He says his family is at peace after the jury reached a guilty verdict Tuesday.

"We're happy now. We can sleep now. And also Brandi can sleep," he said.

Williams said the jurors "did a wonderful job" piecing together the evidence, arriving at a conclusion he reached years ago.

"We feel 100 percent he did it. We don't feel it- we know. We just know," he said.

"We're at peace:" family of Brandi Peters reacts to Segura sentencing

November 3, 2021

"Appellate judges in Tallahassee Wednesday upheld the life sentences for convicted quadruple murderer Henry Segura, saying they would not substitute their opinion for the jury's verdict.

The unanimous opinion by a three-judge panel of the 1st District Court of Appeal upholds Segura’s 2019 life sentences for the gruesome Nov. 19, 2010 murders of Brandi Peters, her twin 6-year-olds Tamiyah and Taniyah Peters, and his own 3-year-old son, JaVante Segura."

"“There was significant evidence of Segura’s guilt,” judges Robert Long Jr., Harvey Jay and M. Kemmerly Thomas wrote in a 4-page opinion.

They disagreed with the defense theory of the murders and the witness who claimed to have been the mastermind behind them: That the killings were carried out by a seven-member hit squad connected to an international drug cartel which Peters purportedly ran narcotics for."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back