GUILTY FL - Brittany Tavar, 45, North Beach, 6 July 2010

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-07-22/video-missing-woman-released

Posted: July 22, 2010 - 2:16pm

The St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office have released video Thursday which shows the missing Ponte Vedra Beach woman pumping gas at a station just north of the Vilano Beach Bridge.

Brittany Tavar, the 45-year-old woman that has been missing for more than two weeks, is shown filling her dark blue Toyota RAV4 with gas on July 6 around 9 p.m. in the video.

The video is not related to the location of Tavar or Roberts at this point, according to a sheriff’s report, but it serves as a highlight of the timeline sequence.

Stay tuned for video.

Up-date: according to the OSPD, Roberts is believed to be here, or headed to Ocean Shores, because:

His family used to vacation here, he was tracked across the country headed this general direction and a tip was recently received by law enforcement that he was probably headed here

Link :http://www.northcoastnews.com/2010/07/21/missing-florida-woman/

(Hope I did this right....this is my first post.....! Sorry if I didn't!)

Welcome to WebSleuths pinkzebra! And your first post was just fine!

I think they should be looking for her probably in the Santee area. I say that based on where the dogs were found. You have to think "Why did he take the dogs with him, then let them out where he did?"

http://www.news4jax.com/news/24356899/detail.html

UPDATED: 7:02 pm EDT July 22, 2010

Surveillance video released by the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office on Thursday shows 45-year-old Brittany Tavar pumping gas into her Rav4 the night of July 6...

...Tavar is seen driving her SUV to the gas station about five miles south of her house about 9 p.m. It's unclear if Joseph Roberts, who's being sought nationwide as a person of interest in connection with Tavar's disappearance, was in the car with her. It's also unclear if Tavar was in distress...

...On July 10, four days after Tavar was last seen at the gas station, and 330 miles north in Hopkins, S.C., her two dogs were found abandoned.

And July 8, two days before the pets were found, a gas station manager in Walterboro, S.C., said Roberts filled up Tavar's SUV and was traveling alone....

Video about CC being tracked to Oregon.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/24359407/index.html

He may be headed towards Ocean Shores WA state.

SPECULATION:
I had thought there might be a possibility that she traveled with him to SC.

Some local, miscellaneous info:

1. Her small development is called South Beach (referring to South Ponte Vedra), but is actually at the northern border of an area called North Beach, also called Vilano Beach. This is on a long, very narrow barrier island northeast of St. Augustine. Population is approximately 2000 from the southern tip to the start of Guana Park (just north of where BT lived), an area about 8-10 miles long.

2. The photo of BT on a dock was taken at Cap's, a restaurant and bar in Vilano Beach, with good food and beautiful sunset views over the Tolamato River/Intracoastal Waterway.

3. In local print or TV, she was said to be in the choir for the Center for Positive Living. One of that center's prominent supporters skipped town and is being investigated for operating a ponzi scheme which bilked investors of 100-200 million. I have no idea if they knew each other.

4. The incident where the neighbor threw BT's video camera in the pool was at Serenata Beach Club, just north of where she lives. Serenata is a beachfront and marshfront condo complex with private beach club memberships. BT had reportedly (per the local paper) hit the same neighbor on the head with a bottle at a party at BT's home after the neighbor said something she found offensive.

5. I believe it was Snoopster who provided this link: http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-07-22/video-missing-woman-released.

This video was taken at a BP station about two miles from me. There are only two gas stations in our area: BP (south of where she lives) and Gate (north of where she lives). Unfortunately, this fact does not help us to know whether she was with JP heading out of town from the station because you can travel either north (A1A, then west to US 1 or I-95 or south (then west to US 1 or I-95).

Viewing the video, I couldn't tell whether there was a passenger in the car when she got gas or whether it was a dog in the passenger seat (of course, it could have been both). BT was said to take her dog(s) "everywhere."

I stayed in Ocean Shores for a few days a couple of years ago. It doesn't seem he could stay in a tent undetected there, too many people, but there are a lot of undeveloped, wooded areas north of Ocean Shores.

I wish I could provide information that is more helpful. Looks like we need to depend on our northwestern friends to find and catch this guy.

Some local, miscellaneous info:

1. Her small development is called South Beach (referring to South Ponte Vedra), but is actually at the northern border of an area called North Beach, also called Vilano Beach. This is on a long, very narrow barrier island northeast of St. Augustine. Population is approximately 2000 from the southern tip to the start of Guana Park (just north of where BT lived), an area about 8-10 miles long.

2. The photo of BT on a dock was taken at Cap's, a restaurant and bar in Vilano Beach, with good food and beautiful sunset views over the Tolamato River/Intracoastal Waterway.

3. In local print or TV, she was said to be in the choir for the Center for Positive Living. One of that center's prominent supporters skipped town and is being investigated for operating a ponzi scheme which bilked investors of 100-200 million. I have no idea if they knew each other.

4. The incident where the neighbor threw BT's video camera in the pool was at Serenata Beach Club, just north of where she lives. Serenata is a beachfront and marshfront condo complex with private beach club memberships. BT had reportedly (per the local paper) hit the same neighbor on the head with a bottle at a party at BT's home after the neighbor said something she found offensive.

5. I believe it was Snoopster who provided this link: http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-07-22/video-missing-woman-released.

This video was taken at a BP station about two miles from me. There are only two gas stations in our area: BP (south of where she lives) and Gate (north of where she lives). Unfortunately, this fact does not help us to know whether she was with JP heading out of town from the station because you can travel either north (A1A, then west to US 1 or I-95 or south (then west to US 1 or I-95).

Viewing the video, I couldn't tell whether there was a passenger in the car when she got gas or whether it was a dog in the passenger seat (of course, it could have been both). BT was said to take her dog(s) "everywhere."

I stayed in Ocean Shores for a few days a couple of years ago. It doesn't seem he could stay in a tent undetected there, too many people, but there are a lot of undeveloped, wooded areas north of Ocean Shores.

I wish I could provide information that is more helpful. Looks like we need to depend on our northwestern friends to find and catch this guy.

That's a lot of great local info, Spyglass. I don't think it was me who posted that link, but thanks to whoever did.

Spyglass, what local paper were the details about BT's incidents with the neighbor in?

http://www.ktvb.com/home/Suspect-in...-believed-to-be-in-Ontario-area-99024294.html

by KTVB.COM
KTVB.COM
Posted on July 22, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Updated today at 6:31 PM

BOISE -- A man police say is a suspect in the disappearance of a Florida woman, was last seen in the Pocatello area.

A map released by the St. John's County Sheriff's Office shows the route they believe Roberts to have taken on his way to the Idaho-Oregon area. The map shows Roberts stopped in Pocatello, then went to Ontario, Oregon -- then back to Pocatello.

Map picture at link

That's a lot of great local info, Spyglass. I don't think it was me who posted that link, but thanks to whoever did.

Spyglass, what local paper were the details about BT's incidents with the neighbor in?

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-07-21/missing-womans-dogs-discovered-sc

Tavar was charged with battery in her home after deputies said she fought there in January 2009 with Richardson. This May, Tavar reportedly was a victim of criminal mischief at the Serenata Beach Club, claiming Richardson threw her video camera in the pool.

Additional information was given regarding the neighbors' feud in other Record (St. Augustine Record) stories, the Jacksonville Times-Union, and local TV news.

ADDED: Here is another link to an article about the altercation (Allegation was BT hit neighbor with bottle and cut her with butter knife; BT reportedly confessed to choking the neighbor): http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-07-20/search-ponte-vedra-woman

You and others were doing such a good job giving links in the Missing Information Thread that I didn't try to document all I was reading/watching.

Another local observation: there is only one Barnes and Noble in St. Augustine and I go there once or twice a month. Along the windows in one side of the store is a row of about ten chairs. They are always filled and it appears that the people in them may be homeless. To my knowledge, they don't bother anyone and it appears they are allowed to sit there if they don't cause problems. (It was noted in the articles that JR had no known address and on one occasion was found by LE in an unoccupied house on US 1 South. So I am assuming he was homeless at least some of the time.)

Welcome to Websleuths pinkzebra and carmac! Thanks very much for contributing to this thread.

:Welcome-12-june:

Map of Joe's cross country dash.

joseph+roberts+map.png

http://www.ktvb.com/home/Suspect-in-disappearance-of-Florida-woman-believed-to-be-in-Ontario-area-99024294.html?gallery=y&img=2&c=y

I wonder why there aren't any records of him buying gas between North Carolina and Wyoming....or any use of the credit card for more than 2 days (between July 8 @ 9:20 pm and July 11 at 11 am.) He must have used some other payment method other than BT's Discover card.

Revised Timeline

June (??) - BT meets Joe (JR) at a Barnes & Noble bookstore.

late June (??) - Joe begins staying at BT's house.

July 2 - BT told her boyfriend that her "nephew" was coming to stay. That was the last time he spoke to her.

July 6 - BT attended neighborhood party with Joe. He introduced himself as her "nephew". This was the last time anyone had contact with BT.

July 6 @ 9 pm - BT caught on video filling up car at station near home.

July 7 - BT was to attend a hearing at court. She didn't show.

July 8 2:20 p.m. - JR uses BT's credit card to fill up BT's SUV in Walterboro SC. He is alone.

July 8 9:20 pm - JR buys gas in Jonesville NC (CITGO on US-21)

July 10 - Two of BT's dogs were found wandering around the Hopkins/Richland Co. area of South Carolina (near Columbia).

July 10 11:38 pm - JR stopped for speeding in Evanston, Wyoming. He was driving BT's Rav4.

July 11 - Friends enter BT's house to find lights on, AC blasting, cats in house with lots of food.

July 11 11:15 am - Fills up @ Shell in Downey Idaho. (I-15 exit 31)

July 11 2:40 pm - JR stops at WalMart in Ontario, Oregon. Buys tent, t-shirt and shorts.

July 11 11:54 pm - Pacatello Idaho (Common Place Center)

July 16 - BT reported missing.

July 19 -- Joseph Dean Roberts is named a Person of Interest in the disappearance of Brittany Jeniveve Tavar.

Map of Joe's cross country dash.

joseph+roberts+map.png

http://www.ktvb.com/home/Suspect-in-disappearance-of-Florida-woman-believed-to-be-in-Ontario-area-99024294.html?gallery=y&img=2&c=y

I wonder why there aren't any records of him buying gas between North Carolina and Wyoming....or any use of the credit card for more than 2 days (between July 8 @ 9:20 pm and July 11 at 11 am.) He must have used some other payment method other than BT's Discover card.

Sadly, there is the possibility that he may have taken cash from BT's home and/or purse. Why he would mix cash with card use, I don't know - unless he is trying to extend his cash supply.

My guess is that she's in or around Santee-Cooper. It only takes about 4 hours or less to travel from Walterboro to Jonesville. It took him 7 hours. He let the dogs out not far from Santee. I sure hope LE is looking for her around that area already.

Thank you snoops and summer breeze. I've been hanging out here for a while, just sorta nosing around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blue's Clues
Back