FL FL - Bryan Hayes, 13, & Mark Degner, 12, Jacksonville, 10 Feb 2005

I don't care if they ran away or not. A 12 year old is unequiped to deal with being out on his own, and I LE is taking their disappearance seriously, especially since they need meds and don't have them.

"Authorities said 13-year-old Brian Hayes and 12-year-old Mark Degner walked away from Paxon Middle School on Feb. 10. An aggressive search by the parents and Jacksonville police has turned up reports that the boys were sighted in north Jacksonville in the first two weeks after they disappeared."

moved from missing info and support forum. This is the forum to use for discussion. please keep the other forum for information and support only

Where are the parents for these two boys? They don't seem to care. Is anything being done to find them?

CaliKid
View Public Profile
Send a private message to CaliKid
Send email to CaliKid
Find all posts by CaliKid
Add CaliKid to Your Buddy List

#18 03-22-2005, 03:03 AM
pardilia
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKid
Where are the parents for these two boys? They don't seem to care. Is anything being done to find them?

If they cared, they probably wouldn't have felt the need to run away in the first place. Poor things. =(

pardilia
View Public Profile
Send a private message to pardilia
Send email to pardilia
Find all posts by pardilia
Add pardilia to Your Buddy List

Amore68
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2003

Slow down the accusations! My daughter is bi-polar and 12 yrs old and she thought she wanted to run away. I care very much about my daughter and have her in counseling and on meds. Bi-polar makes you think that things are much worse than they actually are. When my daughter hasn't had her meds, she totally over reacts to the simplest things. She told me this morning that I was spreading lies about her because I talked to her counselor. It's the disease that makes her say those things, and it's my job to help her through it. It's very hard to help a child with this. Very hard. I do everything that I can. I try to be understanding, and believe me, they push your buttons. They will push buttons you didn't even know you had. I feel sorry for these boys, because they are scared and lonely and afraid, but their disease makes them think that they are very grand and very cool for having run away. It's really a very sad situation. My thoughts go out to them...

Amore68
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Amore68
Send email to Amore68
Find all posts by Amore68
Add Amore68 to Your Buddy List

#20 03-24-2005, 07:17 AM
Lakergirl123
If you want breakfast in bed, you better sleep in the kitchen! Join Date: Apr 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore68
Slow down the accusations! My daughter is bi-polar and 12 yrs old and she thought she wanted to run away. I care very much about my daughter and have her in counseling and on meds. Bi-polar makes you think that things are much worse than they actually are. When my daughter hasn't had her meds, she totally over reacts to the simplest things. She told me this morning that I was spreading lies about her because I talked to her counselor. It's the disease that makes her say those things, and it's my job to help her through it. It's very hard to help a child with this. Very hard. I do everything that I can. I try to be understanding, and believe me, they push your buttons. They will push buttons you didn't even know you had. I feel sorry for these boys, because they are scared and lonely and afraid, but their disease makes them think that they are very grand and very cool for having run away. It's really a very sad situation. My thoughts go out to them...

Amore~
My heart goes out to you. May God give you patience.

CaliKid said:
I don't care if they ran away or not. A 12 year old is unequiped to deal with being out on his own, and I LE is taking their disappearance seriously, especially since they need meds and don't have them.

AMEN!

I wish people took runaways more seriously. :(

with much love,

Ariel

I saw this at www.courttv.com

Could this be the two boys (I pray its not)

Disappearance in the Desert

The remains of two teenaged boys were discovered in the desert, north of Los Angeles. Through cutting edge forensics the experts at North Mission Road were able to re-hydrate the index fingers to take fingerprints and then identify the victims. But would this be enough to find their killers?

The link is to their homepage. Where is the link to the actual story? I couldn't find the story.

ISPTRAX said:
The link is to their homepage. Where is the link to the actual story? I couldn't find the story.

That's all it says, but its on the right side of the screen where it says "Tonight on CourtTV" "Evening Highlights."

OMG'sh did you read this story--I have read ALOT of awful things that has gone on

in this world and anything that happens to a child is awful but this story really goes above and beyond anything that I have
ever thought I would come across. Read the story about Will & Melissa Gaston.:behindbar :blushing:
http://www.avoiceforchildren.com/

I am so horribly disturbed right now I don't know what else to say!

The fact that nobody has seen or heard anything really disturbs me. But have the parents spoken out yet to the media? They are the ones who need to be putting the story and these children's faces out there. Why aren't they doing it?

I noticed the family was canvasing Daytona this weekend, following up on a possible sighting. This was the first news coverage I have seen on these kids here in the Orlando area since since they disappeared months ago. Still no photos of the boys were shown, only the family passing out flyers!!! No link in the web site to the boys photos!!! WHAT THE HELL!!! It's almost like there is a concerted effort to avoid finding these boys!
http://www.cfnews13.com/seenon13.aspx

I have looked at the earlier sighting areas on a map, and noticed that the school, Hammond Park, "birdland", and Callahan lay along CSXT railroad tracks. If these boys are riding the rails, they could be far from Florida. They are also probably in even more danger. Not only is riding the rails dangerous, but they are going to meet a potentially dangerous group of people there. I hope the police/family have considered this and are using this in the search plan.

This just makes my heart ache every time I come on here and find that there is no new info. I'm sure the family is torn up over this, and I feel for them... but damn it, why can't anyone GET THESE BOYS FACES ON THE MEDIA!!! They need to be seen by all of the U.S. and on a regular basis until they are found. Less time needs to be spent walking the streets, and more on marketing the media so that everyone is looking for them.
These boys are going to end up neglected to death.. if it's not already too late.

RLM said:
OMG'sh did you read this story--I have read ALOT of awful things that has gone on

in this world and anything that happens to a child is awful but this story really goes above and beyond anything that I have
ever thought I would come across. Read the story about Will & Melissa Gaston.:behindbar :blushing:
http://www.avoiceforchildren.com/

I am so horribly disturbed right now I don't know what else to say!
This needs to be removed from this forum! These people are violent nuts prefering to live on the fringe, in trade for thier daughter.

OK I'm stunned!!!!!!!! WTF??? NO pictures? What's with the families? Something weird is up with this. How bizarre. Who would be asking the public to look for their children without photos? This is very strange.

There are pictures on the very first entry on this thread, page 1. It takes you to a paper, then click on news and then the missing boys story. The pictures came up for me.

Smidgeon

JMHO

What is happening with this case? I just found out about these boys missing last week. One of the boys just moved to Fla. this past summer. I worked with him in first grade, and had the pleasure of being his teacher last year for fifth grade. I have not seen ONE THING on TV about these 2 missing. Mark is not the type of kid to run off. He is very trusting and not street smart at all. Add to this his good looks, and you would understand why I have not had a good nights rest since hearing of his disappearance. Since they have been missing almost 3 months, I think it is about time that they get his picture across the United States. He would not know how to contact anyone for help (in other words how to call with an area code...) and he would be too scared to go to the police. Where is the media on this one? I know Mark, and know he would follow anyone's lead. He would think it was a "cool" idea for about the time it took to miss dinner and then he would be ready to go home. What is the news with this case--is it still being addressed in Fla.? My parents live near Orlando, and haven't heard anything about it...

Bumping for the boys!
I can't believe these 2 haven't been found. It makes no sense. How are they living? Food, clothes, money...something is seriously wrong! No phone calls home? Where is the media?
Prayers for the boys, and their families.
I'm worried sick.

what ever happened with that case of the two teenage boys bodies found in the desert out west?

I am assuming that it wasn't them.

I hope that they are doing ok out there somewhere!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back