FL - Cats being mutilated and killed in miami-dade, fl

Same article as above.

If they were not killed by an animal but by a scalpel then the expert who examined the bodies for the state (meaning on the side of the prosecution) should have been able to figure that out.
But the expert said they were killed by an animal and not by a human.Many times experts for defense and the prosecution disagree but in this case the experts for defense and prosecution agree these cats were killed by an animal and not human-so clearly there is no case whatsoever against this kid.

http://www.wtop.com/?sid=2151359&nid=104
While being questioned, investigators said Weinman, then 17, was "over enthusiastic and scary" as he talked about dissecting cats in school, vividly describing the sound their skin makes when it's torn. He also appeared to have cat scratches on his body.

Detectives say that at one point Weinman asked them, "If I tell you about the cats that I did, would you make the marijuana charges go away?" They told him that wasn't their decision and he was released to his parents.

Prosecutors say cell phone records show Weinman during the early morning hours was in the areas where cats were later found. They say that when a GPS device was secretly placed on his car, it put him in the neighborhood where two cats were found dead.

After police got a warrant to search his mother's home, officers say they found catnip, although the family did not own a cat. They say they also found a cutting device hidden in a hole made in his bedroom wall and covered by a picture. He was arrested.

When questioned this time, detectives say Weinman said, "If I tell you about the first cats that I did, can you make the rest of them go away?" Again, they told him that was not their decision.

Weinman denied offering to make any kind of deal with police on either occasion. He said his only major regret in how he handled the situation was not having a lawyer present during all of his interviews with detectives.

How can you possibly know that dogs did not do it? An expert who actually examined the bodies said an animal did it.

According to the recent articles after the charges were dismissed, however, it is stated that not all 19 bodies had been preserved for this second examination.

While I agree that some of the cats may have been killed by dogs, I don't believe it can be said conclusively that all of them were without having the other bodies. We may never know now. MOO

This young man's parents have really bad taste in neighborhoods as they seem to have picked the ones with roving cat-killing pit bulls to live in more than once apparently. <-- sarcasm alert.

I find these pieces of information from this article very telling.

Dr. Sara Pizano of Miami-Dade Animal Services agreed with Dr. Stroud's findings and said she should have peeled back the fur in her necropsies, which would have revealed the puncture wounds.

and this

"However, the State Attorney's Office did not learn that there had been two large, wild dogs seized by animal services the same day as Weinman's arrest in the neighborhood of Cutler Bay until the deposition of Investigator Fernando Casadevall which was conducted in the fall of 2010."
http://cbs4.com/local/Cat.Killings.Tyler.2.2022636.html

It sounds like they had a suspect so they conducted their investigation to make the evidence fit their theory of the crime instead of just trying to find facts. If they had known two large wild dogs were captured I bet she would have done more to look for puncture marks instead of just trying to prove a human did it.

December 2010:

Three weeks have passed since all of the charges were dropped against the 19-year-old accused of killing nineteen cats. In those weeks Tyler Weinman has tried to make sense of the 18 months he lost under house arrest...

Yet despite having the case against him tossed, Weinman knows there will always be individuals who believe he is guilty.

“Yeah, they can dwell on it, I’m just going to move forward from it and leave them in the dust,” he said. .

Weinman’s arrest in June of last year was international news. He was labeled a budding sociopath and psychoanalyzed at length by people who never met him...

Weinman denied he has ever harmed a cat.

“I love them,” he said. “I feel bad when you accidentally bump into them the wrong way.”

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2010/12/16/free-of-charges-tyler-weinman-speaks-out-about-moving-on/

December 2010:

The veterinarian who helped make the failed case against a teen accused of slaughtering cats in South Miami-Dade is under scrutiny again -- this time for concluding that a retired Aventura businessman had sex with his Great Dane.

A Miami-Dade judge on Wednesday criticized prosecutors' reliance on Dr. Melinda Merck of the University of Florida, whose findings led to the July arrest of Armand Pacher on animal cruelty charges.

"She doesn't have any credibility with me right now," Circuit Judge Daryl Trawick warned a prosecutor during a pretrial hearing...

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...imal-cruelty-charges-dog-abuse-defense-expert

Pacher's ordeal began last July, after Pacher made comments over the phone to his veterinarian that he'd been having sex with the dog.

"She doesn't seem to enjoy it as much when we have sex," Pacher allegedly said when asked about Christie Brinkley's overall health. "Maybe it's because I haven't been as energetic lately and that's why she's not enjoying it."...

Pacher later claimed he was joking when he made the comments.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...Accused-of-Having-Sex-With-Dog-113453034.html

January 2011:

a University of Florida veterinarian concluded that the dog showed signs of sexual abuse, and had apparent human sperm inside her urine.

Pacher's defense attorney had blasted the case, saying it was built on the false conclusions of Dr. Melinda Merck, a well-known forensic veterinarian who was also a state witness in the failed case against a South Miami-Dade teen accused of mutilating cats.

Six defense witnesses hired by Pacher's defense team ripped apart Merck's findings.

``This is not an occasion of joy for me. Although the prosecution has finally decided to say `just kidding, never mind,' my life has been fully destroyed,'' Pacher said afterward, noting that stories of his arrest have been read on the Internet around the world.

In dropping the case, Miami-Dade prosecutors were careful not to cast blame on Merck.
``The state's decision to [drop] the case is based upon the lack of presently available physical evidence, and not on any concerns that Dr. Melinda Merck was either incorrect or exploitative,'' Assistant State Attorney Michael Von Zamft wrote...

http://m.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/prosecutors-drop-charges-against-man-accused-of-se/nLpHJ/

February 2012:

A 20-year-old man claims he was maliciously prosecuted as a "serial cat killer" in a widely publicized case that stemmed from sloppy forensic work and alarmist allegations...

All the charges were dropped, but not until after his name and photo had been published across South Florida, and he was subjected to public vilification, much of which can still be seen by a simple Internet search of his name.
Weinman and his father, a dentist, sued Miami-Dade County, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, the University of Florida, and veterinarian Melinda Merck, in Miami-Dade County Court...

Weinman seeks damages for mental anguish, humiliation, legal expenses, unwarranted incarceration, psychological counseling expenses, and lost wages.
His father seeks more than $144,000 in financial damages.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/02/03/43607.htm

This reminds me of the Croydon UK cat killer where it has been going on for years. Some people have said there is no killer and RTA then fox scavenging is to blame.
Another case in the UK was one where the alleged Norfolk cat killer David Iwo went on to murder a human as did the infamous Luka Magnotta from Canada. Norwich cat killer who murdered lawyer planned to continue bloody campaign

This forum has gone quiet so I am wondering if the Florida cat killer is still at large.

This reminds me of the Croydon UK cat killer where it has been going on for years. Some people have said there is no killer and RTA then fox scavenging is to blame.
Another case in the UK was one where the alleged Norfolk cat killer David Iwo went on to murder a human as did the infamous Luka Magnotta from Canada. Norwich cat killer who murdered lawyer planned to continue bloody campaign

This forum has gone quiet so I am wondering if the Florida cat killer is still at large.

I remember this. And more than likely this criminal learned to keep his sick hobby a secret. Although, I believe that part of his thrill was the fact that people found his "work", and were repelled by the gruesome display.

I remember this. And more than likely this criminal learned to keep his sick hobby a secret. Although, I believe that part of his thrill was the fact that people found his "work", and were repelled by the gruesome display.
I wonder if this has continued or he (or even she) has perhaps now gone on to murder humans. Hopefully they are now incarcerated or have since passed away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back