GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends - back from exile and trying to catch up with y'all and "my" cases. Glad to see this might go to trial next month. This sonofagun....
Glad you're back in the flock, mi pequeno grano de cafe!!

I've never seen a "to trial" process take so damm long. I do think the jury, if there ever is one seated, will take proper care of this slug of a ~man~.

Well, would you get a load of that!! The very idea that autopsy photos not be shown. The pics are evidence, pure & simple. I have never seen autopsy pics disallowed in a trial -- I have seen the judge omit pics that were essentially duplicates, but never a disallowance of them. I guess it's customary to ask, but just damm.

i am in two minds about it, same with victim impact testimonies which i feel sometimes they make the perpetrator’s day by hearing the devastation and pain they have inflected on others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]Should autopsy photos of murdered Jacksonville girl be shown to jury?[/h]

A man accused of kidnapping, raping and strangling an 8-year-old Jacksonville girl in 2013 doesn't want autopsy photos of Cherish Perrywinkle shown to the jury in his case.

Rao testified the photos would help the jury understand what Cherish experienced, which included blunt impact to her head that caused hemorrhaging and “tremendous injury" and bruising to her private area.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/should-autopsy-photos-of-murdered-jacksonville-girl-be-shown-to-jury-

:(...

If he thinks it's too horrible to show in court then imagine just how horrible it was for this baby! His evil needs to be shown for the jury to see. Because none of us could possibly even imagine how bad it is. Our brains won't even allow it. And he should not be judged by the limitations of our brains. He should be judged on just how gruesome and evil his actual acts were.

May he never have happiness another moment in his life.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

While I appreciate how traumatic it will be for the jury to have to see these photos I think it is absolutely necessary that they do see them to see what this did to the precious Cherish so that they can make a fully informed decision on his guilt. This case has haunted me since she went missing.

Agreed.

If he thinks it's too horrible to show in court then imagine just how horrible it was for this baby! His evil needs to be shown for the jury to see. Because none of us could possibly even imagine how bad it is. Our brains won't even allow it. And he should not be judged by the limitations of our brains. He should be judged on just how gruesome and evil his actual acts were.

May he never have happiness another moment in his life.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well said, mpnola.

I'm pleased that they have decided to show the autopsy photos. I feel for the jury members who are going to have to see them, and I feel especially for Cherish's dad. How is he going to cope with having the brutal trauma that his daughter suffered displayed? However it will help the jury understand what this precious little one suffered at the hands of the , who I won't even dignify with a name and I think it will definitely lead to a guilty verdict and ultimately a death sentence.

I don't know if this has been mentioned in the thread already but Cherish's sisters have been adopted by Rayne's sister in Australia. Thank goodness they get a chance in life to be loved and nurtured

https://www.news4jax.com/news/sisters-of-murdered-8-year-old-find-new-home-in-australia
yes i was very glad to see that. I know it wont take away the total loss of their big sister but im hoping it gives that little girls a chance at a happy loving stable life were they can hear about their big sister and grow up with her in their hearts.

This as been a long time coming for justice for cherish but i too think the jury will make the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny