FL - Coralrose Fullwood, 6, found murdered, North Port, 17 Sept 2006

SewingDeb said:
Even worse, they heard that her body had been found from the media, not the police.

Yeah. That is inexcusable, horrible of the media to inform the parents. I am hoping the media got ahold of this information by listening to a police scanner, and that LE didn't actually release the information to the media before they informed the parents.

Something is wrong somewhere with this case. The child protection agency removed the children---now they say to question them--but the initial mention of the agency says the children were removed because they were believed to be in iminent danger. Since they were returned so quickly, we can probably safely assume the children were all well cared for, healthy and well loved.

Iminent danger????

That was some crap they made up to get a judge to sign a warrant.
If this was legit then there would have been a hearing in order to return the children and a Gardian Adlitim assigned to act on behalf of the children.

This was nothing other then an abuse of the law.

j2mirish said:
I can understand them being questioned, but I cant say that I agree they should have been swept off in a van, taken from the parents- can you imagine the fear?
oh, I quite agree! Unless the children are in danger, which obviously they were not, (did some say they returned the children already?). I would only allow my children to be questioned with me present.

was that a run-on sentence or what? lol

kgeaux said:
Yeah. That is inexcusable, horrible of the media to inform the parents. I am hoping the media got ahold of this information by listening to a police scanner, and that LE didn't actually release the information to the media before they informed the parents.

Something is wrong somewhere with this case. The child protection agency removed the children---now they say to question them--but the initial mention of the agency says the children were removed because they were believed to be in iminent danger. Since they were returned so quickly, we can probably safely assume the children were all well cared for, healthy and well loved.
No wonder they are pissed! I thought when you got to the level of sheriff or detective you had some training in victim family relations. Guess not.

Maybe she climbed out the window on her own accord, early in the morning. The one article mentioned that she had done that before. She may have even taken Daddy's wallet first, perhaps with the intent of going to the store. If she is bipolar, she might not have been aware of the danger. We need more information on this one. She still didn't die on her own, but maybe it was an accident.

To me, it doesn't sound like the parents did anything wrong. They converted a dining room and a den into bedrooms so each of their kids could have their own room. They seemed active in the community for their kids safety, although the babysitting poster wasn't the smartest thing. However, I did something similar when I was in college.

I am sad for the family. They are being treated like criminals.

Do y'all think that they might have done this because they have strong reason to suspect the family in the child's murder? I'm not saying that I think the parents were involved, but it would make a little more sense - taking the other children - if the police suspect that. I don't know - just throwing it out there.

I am not sure if this link will get you there but this news station is saying the children were removed due to filthy living conditions.

http://www.wwsb.com/

TECE said:
I am not sure if this link will get you there but this news station is saying the children were removed due to filthy living conditions.

thanks for the article tece- I hope whoever reads it, can understand what the mother is trying to explaing about the smell--- again- we are bashing the parents, but the home must have been something that meant something to them if they took a den, and a dining room and converted to bedrooms so the children would all have their own rooms--my house is pretty messy right now-- would hate to think of what could be written about me---my husband & i both work, did homework with(only) 2 kids tonight- dinner- oh and hockey practice- i was able to get in a load of laundry- ( still in the dryer to fold)--- earlier in this thread someone questioned why the parents finances had to be published---- I guess it is all so when these parents are cleared of any wrong doing--- everyone can then know they ahd a dirty house, and bad credit-- maybe that will help them grieve knowing everyone now knows all the facts...that have nothing to do with the death of their little one....imo--sorry for the rant...just on a roll-----imo---

Does anyone know if there were signs of forced entry?
and if the parents have taken a Polygraph?

I posted this earlier, but no one responded.

Tristan.....I don't think they have said too much yet....I haven't seen anything regarding polys or forced entry. They did say the father's wallet was missing.

Tristan said:
Does anyone know if there were signs of forced entry?
and if the parents have taken a Polygraph?

I posted this earlier, but no one responded.
not much has been said---- i ahve not heard the answers to either of your questions===chief Lewis was very tight lipped with Carlies case, and it seemed to have worked out ---

TECE said:

That doesn't seem very "truthful" to me, since the children were returned very, very quickly. And mostly, because DCF's warrent for removal stated that the children were in imminent danger. I think someone in children's services may be playing the CYA game.

I think it is safe to say that LE may have some strong suspicions about the family and are trying to apply whatever pressure they can. If so, too bad it involves traumatizing a bunch of grieving little kids.

:dance: :clap: :dance:
j2mirish said:
thanks for the article tece- I hope whoever reads it, can understand what the mother is trying to explaing about the smell--- again- we are bashing the parents, but the home must have been something that meant something to them if they took a den, and a dining room and converted to bedrooms so the children would all have their own rooms--my house is pretty messy right now-- would hate to think of what could be written about me---my husband & i both work, did homework with(only) 2 kids tonight- dinner- oh and hockey practice- i was able to get in a load of laundry- ( still in the dryer to fold)--- earlier in this thread someone questioned why the parents finances had to be published---- I guess it is all so when these parents are cleared of any wrong doing--- everyone can then know they ahd a dirty house, and bad credit-- maybe that will help them grieve knowing everyone now knows all the facts...that have nothing to do with the death of their little one....imo--sorry for the rant...just on a roll-----imo---

[I think the parents and/or grandparents of Coralrose should have let the cops question the other children if they have nothing to hide.[/QUOTE]
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!! This is America I think
DCF just as many or more children are raped,abused and murdered in foster homes. This poor family is being judged guilty with out an evidence, they are being torn apart. I can't even imagine what it is like to loose a child much less in such a horrific way then have my remaining children taken from the safety of their grandparents home and love. This is total BS

http://www.sun-herald.com/NewsArchive2/092006/tp1ch5.htm?date=092006&story=tp1ch5.htm

Following a five-hour hearing, officials from the Department of Children and Families returned the two Fullwood girls, ages 12 and 9, and boys, 10 and 4, to their grandparents. The judge told the grandparents to cooperate with DCF and law enforcement officials in order to let the children stay with them in their home.

The children's parents, Dale and Ellenbeth Fullwood, were allowed supervised visits with the children as long as at least one grandparent is present at all times. The judge also told them not to talk to the children about Coralrose's disappearance or death.

The children are not to be brought back to the North Port home.

After hours of testimony, Circuit Court Judge Rick DeFuria called the home where the family had lived for only six weeks "deplorable."

Ellenbeth bowed her head numerous times during testimony from North Port police detective Brian Chippendale. She cried some of the time.

Chippendale explained when he arrived at the Fullwood home Sunday morning at about 9 a.m. he saw two small children lying on the floor. He immediately noticed roaches crawling throughout the house. Later he saw roaches coming out of the refrigerator. He saw cat feces in the laundry room near a litter box and some in the toilet bowl and the bath tub.

"I jumped over piles of clothing," he said. "There was a TV and mattress on the floor, but there was no bedding. There was a cardboard box. There were markings on the floor."

Chippendale said the smell of urine was so strong he had to leave the house after 10 minutes.

"I got sick to my stomach," said Chippendale, who was the school resource officer at Heron Creek Middle School for the years. "There were dishes piled in the sink and rotting food. There was rotting food in the refrigerator."

Chipendale said the couple did not seem "frantic" when reporting their daughter missing, however they did cooperate with police investigators. Dale said he voluntarily gave his clothing to officers. He asked if he needed to do a DNA test, but the police told him it was "unnecessary."

Chippendale said the department is required to fill out paperwork and provide it to the DCF anytime a child is reported hurt. The DCF can decide to get involved after reading the police report.

DeFuria read from a DCF report that said feces were stuck to a comforter and there were roaches in the family vehicle.

"I'm not sure how the home got in this condition in only six weeks," DeFuria said about the Fullwood's relocation to their new North Port home. "It is unacceptable for you to not to have set up the children's beds during this time. I understand you are both exceptionally overworked."

Ellenbeth explained she had worked and been awake for 36 hours over the weekend. She also said two of her children are autistic. Dale testified to working a 14-hour shift the night before Coralrose died.

"I am a lousy housekeeper," she told the judge, adding she hurt her back on Friday at work. She said she could barely move.

The couple's attorney John Coleman said it's "not a crime" to have dirty dishes in the sink or laundry piled up. While the judge agreed, he said one of the reasons he would not return the children to the home was because of the deplorable situation. He ordered that the family create a plan and clean the home.

Because the children were at the grandparents' home Tuesday, DCF investigators went there to inquire about the children. The Fullwoods were not there when the two investigators arrived. They were meeting with attorney Coleman at the time. The investigators talked to their grandmother, Doreen VanderWoulde. When she was told the children would be removed from her home, she strongly objected. The investigators called police. The two DCF employees secured a court order to seize the four children.

During the hearing, DCF officials told the family the reason the children were removed is because the state officers thought the children might be in danger.

Kim Poke, a DCF investigator in Sarasota, explained during the hearing there were several reasons the children were removed. First, one of the children had died under suspicious circumstances. Also there had been six prior DCF inquires at the Fullwoods' previous home in Cape Coral. Five of the reports were for having an unclean home and one for allegedly having medication in reach of small children. The family was cleared.

"We now have two investigations going on," Poke said. "The first is for Coralrose and the second is for the safety of the four siblings."

Coleman argued the state had "woefully insufficient evidence." He said they were using old and biased information not relevant to the grandparents having temporary custody of the children.

Ellenbeth explained to the judge one of the most important reasons she wanted her children returned was because the family had not begun the mourning process. She explained in the Jewish religion, mourning doesn't occur until the body is buried, "my children need to throw dirt, on the coffin, the need to begin mourning so they can begin healing."

http://news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060920/NEWS01/609200410/1075

DCF investigator Kim Pope testified the agency has visited the home six times in the past — five for household cleanliness complaints and once for a complaint that medicine was within reach of the children. All the cases were eventually closed as they were determined low risk to the children.

"This is another example of the Department of Children and Family Services overreacting because of a criticism leveled against them in the past," said John Coleman, the family's attorney. "They did it improperly."

Coleman said a motion brought before Circuit Judge James Seals to get custody of the children Monday afternoon was improper and contained false allegations.

DCF attorney David Taylor said the local office didn't draft the motion to take the children. He didn't say who did.

Coleman read a line from the motion that states a "parent as possible perpetrator" in the suspicious death investigation of Coralrose.

"They haven't done anything wrong," Coleman said.

Taylor argued that between the dirty house, the calls to the home and the ongoing criminal investigation, it would be best for the children to remain in state care.

"When you put all these things together, these children need shelter," he told he judge.

DeFuria told the parents he expects them to obey the guidelines of his ruling.

"I am taking a chance," he told them. "I think it is in their best interest, due to the trauma that's happened to these children."

Attachments

• fullwood.jpg
    fullwood.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 1
I was just reading the article above. Wow, the parents are getting ripped apart...

I feel bad that these parents are getting ripped apart.
I still don't feel in my gut that they did something to that little girl.

:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KennyRoy
Back