GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hover your mouse over the date, the time will display.

"Wendi Adelson drove on Trescott Drive around noon the day Markel was shot. She said she thought the road, which by that time was cordoned off by crime scene tape, was closed because of a downed tree. She went around and bought a bottle of Bulleit Rye Whiskey from the ABC on Thomasville Road to take to a party later that evening. Before that, she said she had been working at home after fielding the TV repair man that morning."

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/08/26/wendi-adelson-brother-joked-hiring-hitman/89437110/

the murder happened around 11am. Princess attempts a drive-by at 12pm and sees the crime scene tape. that's how she would've known. my questions are -

1. why did she go so far out of her way to go to the liquor store on that particular day? 27 miles from home?
2. murder at 11am, Princess attempts a drive-by at 12pm. hell of a coincidence?
3. if LR is correct and KM knew that the deed was done BEFORE SG called her, how did she know? did Princess contact CA and let him know and then CA contacted KM to let her know before SG had a chance to tell her? i looked and don't see any phone records of Princess in contact with CA or DA between 12pm and 2pm the day of the murder.

Wendi Adelson drove on Trescott Drive around noon the day Markel was shot. She said she thought the road, which by that time was cordoned off by crime scene tape, was closed because of a downed tree. She went around and bought a bottle of Bulleit Rye Whiskey from the ABC on Thomasville Road to take to a party later that evening. Before that, she said she had been working at home after fielding the TV repair man that morning.

the murder happened around 11am. princess attempts a drive-by at 12pm and sees the crime scene tape. that's how she would've known. my questions are -

1. why did she go so far out of her way to go to liquor store on that day? 27 miles from home?
2. murder at 11am, attempted drive-by at 12pm. hell of a coincidence?
3. if LR is correct and KM knew that the deed was done BEFORE SG called her, how did she know? did Princess contact CA and let him know and then CA contacted KM to let her know before SG had a chance to tell her? i looked and don't see any phone records of Princess in contact with CA or DA between 12pm and 2pm the day of the murder.

Would be awesome to know what LE has discovered about the TV repairman.

Anyone have a clue when KM's next court appearance is?
https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/public/login.asp

MAGBANUA, KATHERINE DIANA
HOMICIDE-WILFUL KILL MURDER PREMEDITATED

--her docket doesn't show anything coming up, yet

--I hadn't heard the Judge's comment to her yesterday

http://myinforms.com/en-us/a/42541256-no-bond-for-katherine-magbanua-in-markel-killing/

The judge then addressed Magbanua directly.

"Ma'am, the only safe course for you to do is to have conversations only with your attorney, your attorney's firm, in confidence. So it's confidential," he said as Magbanua shook her head in the affirmative.

"Otherwise, it would be best to keep your thoughts to yourself regarding this charge. Good luck to you."

i think KM will be getting a new lawyer soon - one who's based near Tallahassee. her current lawyer Tara Kawass is based in Miami and had to appear in court by phone at KM's first court appearance and i can't see her effectively doing her job or even being allowed by the court to do her job remotely and i don't see her commuting or relocating for a single client.

July 18, 2014 News Reports
These are the earliest news reports that I found –

FACEBOOK - Friday, July 18, 2014 at 1:55pm
https://www.facebook.com/tallahasse...atch=dGFsbGFoYXNzZWUgZGVtb2NyYXQsdHJlc2NvdHQ=
Tallahassee Democrat Facebook
One person was shot this morning in the 2100 block of Trescott Drive about a half mile north of Betton Road. Check back with for updates.

TALLAHASSEE DEMOCRAT - There is no time listed for the “Original story” below, but the “Update” is noted as 1:45 pm
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ene-in-2000-block-of-trescott-drive/12836825/
Update: Police investigate shooting on Trescott Drive
July 18, 2014
Update: 1:45 p.m.
One person was shot this morning in the 2100 block of Trescott Drive about a half mile north of Betton Road.
A neighbor called police about 11 a.m. after hearing a "loud bang." Police arrived to find one person shot. That person was taken to a local hospital, according to Officer David Northway, spokesman for the Tallahassee Police Department.
Police don't know whether the shooting occurred in a home or outside.
Check back with Tallahassee.com for updates.
Original story
Police have roped off a small portion of Trescott Drive about a half mile north of Betton Road.

Exactly TTF14. No call to Dan after the murder according to public documents, unless they are withholding it.

I wish there was a written time stamped transcript of Wendi's police interview (in its entirety) to review. I have several things that I think point to Wendi Adelson having prior knowledge when you put them together, events prior to the murder.
However, I think her TPD interview has things in it that would make you second guess her being a part of the premeditated planning. Her mentioning the hitman jokes by Charlie seem so outlandish for her to say, if she did know ahead of time. That is the only thing that makes me think Wendi couldn't have known ahead of time. Or was it so brilliant and pre thought out by the family and planned for her to say to create reasonable doubt? Reasonable doubt not just about WA, but about all of them?

So, if she theoretically heard about it on social media or the news, wouldn't her logical first contact (via phone call or text) be to her ex-husband to ask if he knew anything about it? Did that happen?

I feel this is possible too. personal life experience dealing with some siblings who are well to do, they feign closeness but are jealous of each other and will step on each other's neck to get validation.

I think there is a chance, albeit small, that Charlie will flip on WA. Recall how quickly she threw him under the bus in her police interview? That may still be lingering in his mind. When the death penalty is looming, his allegiance to his sister might just falter.

Edited to add that hopefully Katherine will have the necessary info and it won't be necessary.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/10/12/wendi-adelsons-attorney-questions-riveras-credibility/91942986/

However, her attorney, John Lauro said Rivera’s statement was based on information he had no way to corroborate.

“Rivera is hardly a credible witness, and as everyone in this investigation recognizes, he has no personal knowledge about the statements he made concerning Wendi,” said Lauro, who is based in New York. “All of his alleged information is second or third hand and none of it has been corroborated during the investigation.”

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/10/12/wendi-adelsons-attorney-questions-riveras-credibility/91942986/

However, her attorney, John Lauro said Rivera’s statement was based on information he had no way to corroborate.

“Rivera is hardly a credible witness, and as everyone in this investigation recognizes, he has no personal knowledge about the statements he made concerning Wendi,” said Lauro, who is based in New York. “All of his alleged information is second or third hand and none of it has been corroborated during the investigation.”

But, Mr. Lauro, there is too much on the line for Rivera (death penalty) for him to risk losing his deal by fabricating anything. Anything.

Ok, I get it now. The reason you all wanted to know about Dan leaving on a trip the day of his murder or the day after is because in Rivera's interview, Garcia advised it had to happen on Friday as (DM) was supposed to be leaving on a trip either Friday afternoon or Saturday.

So, who knew about the trip beforehand? The only person who could have relayed this info to all the Co conspirators is WA.
No one else.

But why that particular Friday?
Just a few hunches.

If WA knew Dan was headed to NY (and thanks to ND2014 for giving a link to that fact,) was she afraid something big was going to happen between Dan and a certain someone? When did WA look up the background info of DM'S new love interest? Was she possibly afraid that the boys would have a new step mother and that would make one more person she'd have to battle with for custody?

She knew the murder was going to happen and she helped direct it and nothing was going to stop it from happening this time.

MOO and speculation.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Ok, I get it now. The reason you all wanted to know about Dan leaving on a trip the day of his murder or the day after is because in Rivera's interview, Garcia advised it had to happen on Friday as (DM) was supposed to be leaving on a trip either Friday afternoon or Saturday.

So, who knew about the trip beforehand? The only person who could have relayed this info to all the Co conspirators is WA.
No one else.

Just a few hunches.

If WA knew Dan was headed to NY (and thanks to ND???? for giving a link to that fact,) was she afraid something big was going to happen between Dan and a certain someone? When did WA look up the background info of DM'S new love interest? Was she possibly afraid that the boys would have a new step mother and that would make one more person she'd have to battle with for custody?

She knew the murder was going to happen and she helped direct it and nothing was going to stop it from happening this time.

MOO and speculation.

Excellent post.

But, to play devil's advocate, DA could have also known about DM going out of town. So could CA for that matter if it just came up as a matter of conversation.

"Wendi Adelson drove on Trescott Drive around noon the day Markel was shot. She said she thought the road, which by that time was cordoned off by crime scene tape, was closed because of a downed tree. She went around and bought a bottle of Bulleit Rye Whiskey from the ABC on Thomasville Road to take to a party later that evening. Before that, she said she had been working at home after fielding the TV repair man that morning."http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/08/26/wendi-adelson-brother-joked-hiring-hitman/89437110/http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...lson-brother-joked-hiring-hitman/89437110/thethe murder happened around 11am. Princess attempts a drive-by at 12pm and sees the crime scene tape. that's how she would've known. my questions are -1. why did she go so far out of her way to go to the liquor store on that particular day? 27 miles from home?2. murder at 11am, Princess attempts a drive-by at 12pm. hell of a coincidence?3. if LR is correct and KM knew that the deed was done BEFORE SG called her, how did she know? did Princess contact CA and let him know and then CA contacted KM to let her know before SG had a chance to tell her? i looked and don't see any phone records of Princess in contact with CA or DA between 12pm and 2pm the day of the murder.
Right. Assuming WA learned somehow that Dan had been shot (either by driving by or via police scanner or tip from a friend), if she wanted to notify the other A's I think there are a few other ways she could have notified them that wouldn't show up in phone records: (1) email and better yet (2) Whatsapp or Viber. My understanding is that Whatsapp and Viber messages are sent digitally over the data network like emails, and may not appear in phone records. They are now encrypted as well but presumably they would have spoken in code anyway. Here is a 2014 article about Whatsapp encryption: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-2840064/WhatsApp-encrypts-messages-beginning-end.html Whatsapp had more than 200 million users in 2014, so it was already widely in use.It's also possible that LE left some calls out of the charging documents, as some people have mentioned. If anyone knows more about these platforms than I do, feel free to correct me here. For example if the cell towers are pinged if an e-mail or Whatsapp message, maybe LE could have caught this.

On the day of the murder WCTV and someone else (possibly Tallahassee Democrat) posted on FaceBook that "something" had happened on Trescott Road and that the road was blocked off. I would need to scroll back a few years to look for the exact time. That may take a little while to do on a work day, but I will check it. I know it was posted well before 1 pm that day, because I saw it myself. I can't remember if the second outlet was the Democrat or a private neighborhood Facebook page. That may be how Wendi FIRST got verification that an event had taken place. I personally think this event was one she was "expecting" prior to "possibly" reading any FB notification about Dan's street being closed. I have specific reasons for thinking she knew ahead of time what was going to happen to Dan, but I think her knowing it was done watching s actually found out via social media. I think there was also a report that a friend had called her to tell her about something on Dan's street, prior to her walking into the TPD interview.

If my memory serves me correctly, chatter started within minutes on the neighborhood fb page that "something" had happened on Trescott and gunshots had been heard by multiple people. As I recall, DM and WA were both members of the Betton Hills fb page.

In any case, if LE has cctv of SG and LR driving around the neighbourhood, if WA was there and watching them, they likely captured her image too. imo.
Maybe the tv repairman told her?

Oct 12 2016
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/10/12/wendi-adelsons-attorney-questions-riveras-credibility/91942986/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Wendi Adelson's attorney questions Rivera's credibility

On Tuesday, Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman said the chance-sighting could implicate Adelson as a player in the plot.

“Rivera is hardly a credible witness, and as everyone in this investigation recognizes, he has no personal knowledge about the statements he made concerning Wendi,” Lauro said. “All of his alleged information is second or third hand and none of it has been corroborated during the investigation.”

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/10/the-dan-markel-case-wendi-adelsons-lawyer-slams-her-accuser/
The biggest news out of confessed hitman Luis Rivera’s recent interview with police in the Dan Markel case was Rivera’s claim that Markel’s ex-wife, Wendi Adelson, had advance knowledge of, and possible involvement in, the plan to murder Markel. Until now, there wasn’t much evidence connecting Wendi to the killing.

I have been following this case since the murder in July 2014. I always thought WA was the only person who had anything/everything to gain by DM's murder.

Completely agree and it has been a great mystery as to why Wendi's culpability has not been obvious to some commentators like the wannabe-gossip-columnist David Lat who seems to think he is on her defense team. IMO there is already enough to point to her involvement, ranging from her ex-boyfriend's testimony against her, that she and Charlie discussed hit men costs seriously to all of her suspect behavior before and after the murder.

No one else.

Just a few hunches.

If WA knew Dan was headed to NY (and thanks to ND2014 for giving a link to that fact,) was she afraid something big was going to happen between Dan and a certain someone? When did WA look up the background info of DM'S new love interest? Was she possibly afraid that the boys would have a new step mother and that would make one more person she'd have to battle with for custody?

MOO and speculation.

Agreed, and she was eager to get the job done.

Tally kitty, Your memory serves you right and well. In fact, I checked these things before I typed my post. I could still see Dan Markel as a member on the private neighborhood page, but I couldn't find WA on there. I know Dan had commented in the past on the neighborhood page before this all happened. The news got out extremely quick the day he was shot in the neighborhood.

QUESTION-

Does anyone know for certain if LE knows exactly where Charlie Adelson was the morning of the murder? Not just his phone, but him personally?

If my memory serves me correctly, chatter started within minutes on the neighborhood fb page that "something" had happened on Trescott and gunshots had been heard by multiple people. As I recall, DM and WA were both members of the Betton Hills fb page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox