GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
State attorney pushing to try Dan Markel murder suspects together
Feb 9, 2018

"I would like to try them together. I do intend to move forward on that. I don't know if I'll be successful with that," said Georgia Cappleman, the assistant state attorney. "In fact, the judge has indicated a little bit that I may be not be, so I don't know the answer to that question, but we'll leave that up to the court."

http://www.wtxl.com/news/state-atto...cle_dfe9f5ec-0de3-11e8-8dfd-5fa8fcca364a.html

Accused Markel shooter pleads not guilty to new charges
Karl Etters, Democrat staff writer
Published 2:46 p.m. ET March 6, 2018 | Updated 4:32 p.m. ET March 6, 2018

Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman said the new charges, filed a year or more after the duo’s arrest, were meant to reflect their entire role in what investigators say was a murder-for-hire.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/n...oter-pleads-not-guilty-new-charges/399466002/

attachment.php

Attachments

• dan markel.jpg
    dan markel.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 356
Charges consolidated for Magbanua
Karl Etters, Democrat staff writer
Published 4:51 p.m. ET March 20, 2018 | Updated 5:57 p.m. ET March 20, 2018

Charges were consolidated against the woman accused of being a conduit between Dan Markel’s former in-laws and the hitmen investigators say shot him in his garage.

Charges of first-degree murder, conspiracy and solicitation of murder were brought together into one case against 33-year-old Katherine Magbanua on Tuesday. She has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/n...ated-katherine-magbanua-dan-markel/442082002/

I don't see how she cannot be convicted. Even a third-grader can figure how this panned out. CA got upset when Dan said his mother would be supervised when she was with the grandkids because of her bad-mouthing him.That I believe was the last straw. He didn't want his mother upset. I think he took it in his own hands to do this. She might not have even known. Normal people would get together and work things out AND not try to get their son-in-law to leave a career job he loved and move to where they are. That's where a supportive wife comes in. She put her mother before her husband and father of her children. Then Dan got a girlfriend and I'm sure that was upsetting to them. He'd have support eventually from her. JMO

Oh I think mama (DA) knew. She was one of the people called when it was going down afterwards. And she was the who was writing checks to KM for working at the clinic yet she never went to work there. And when they set up the sting on her, she didn't do what people do when they have no idea what is going on, which is call the police and say that she was approached by someone who tried to extort from her, or blackmail. She called sonny boy instead.

Keep in mind the timeline here... The attempt at social engineering came after everything was public. This makes it hard to judge her reaction.

KM has been offered full immunity. She could get out of jail very soon if she agreed to take the state's offer. It's an unbelievably good deal for someone against whom there appears to be very strong evidence of involvement in a murder plot. The notion that she rejected that deal in the hope that she would instead go to trial, be found not guilty, and then collect some secret payout from the As, seems highly implausible. The only reason I can come up with why she is rejecting the immunity deal is that it would require her to testify against SG -- her ex, and the father of her kids -- and she's just not willing to do that, especially because it might result in him getting the death penalty, i.e., killing her kids' dad.

The state doesn`t need her testimony to convict SG - there`s plenty of evidence against him so he`s going down. The state needs her testimony in order to go after the masterminds because their other evidence against them is pretty weak - and that`s why they prosecution is offering her immunity, which is very rare when someone is charged with first-degree murder. I don`t think she cares about SG or her kids - if she really cared about them, she`d take the plea deal. She`s rolling the dice but if she loses, her kids will lose both their father and their mother - he`ll be executed and she`ll spend the rest of her life in prison.

So if he is found guilty, KM would be too even if he doesn't mention her. She should be shaking in her boots and get the heck out of there.

No, he can be found guilty of murder even if it doesn`t come out at his trial just who hired him.

Thanks again, this one should be very interesting , 2 hours!
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...oadcast-dan-markel-murder-20180411-story.html
April 13 2018
rbbm
The 2014 murder of Florida State University law professor Daniel Markel will be cast into the national spotlight again when it’s the focus of a new NBC “Dateline’’’ episode Friday.

Markel, 41, was shot in the head in the summer of 2014 as he pulled into his home’s garage in Tallahassee. He died the next day at a hospital.

Investigators have described the case as a murder-for-hire plot which had ties to South Florida because of Markel’s ex-wife, Wendi Adelson, of Miami and her family which runs the Adelson Institute for Esthetics and Implant Dentistry in Tamarac. And the alleged hired assassins were also captured by an ATM camera in Broward while returning from Tallahassee right after the murder, according to investigators.

The “Dateline” two-hour episode, called “Cold-blooded” airs 9 p.m. April 13. The story is reported by “Dateline” correspondent Dennis Murphy, a Delray Beach resident.

“This is a cold-blooded a killing as you can get,’’ said Georgia Cappleman, a deputy assistant state attorney in Leon County, Florida, in a preview of the episode.
The episode will also feature Markel’s parents Phil and Ruth Markel who have been baffled over their son’s fatal shooting.

I watched the Dateline episode. It makes me sick that the real mastermind(s) haven't been arrested and charged. Boy, would I Love to see that day and I think I will. These things take time. Sometimes more time than I'd like. I'm praying for Justice for Dan and I mean Justice in the sense that all of the people involved in his murder are arrested, charged, convicted and sentenced appropriately.

I'm also praying for the Markel's and for Dan's children. I take great comfort, in the fact, that one day they will be grown adults who can take it upon themselves to find out what happened to their father.

ALL the above is My Opinion Only.

:rose: :rose: Dan Markel

JMO, MOO, JMHO, Etc.

Justice for Dan comment:
The moment in the Dateline piece that crystallized how horribly bizarre this whole thing is came when Rivera said he learned that they were killing Dan “because the lady wants her two kids back.”
But “the lady” isn’t Dan’s ex-wife, Wendi. It’s his freakin’ mother-in-law, as the piece alludes to. There was no custody fight between Dan and Wendi — that was 50-50 from the get-go. It was Grandma Donna’s access to the kids that was in question after she bad-mouthed Dan to her grandkids. That’s what she wanted “back.”
The threat of separating a grandmother from her grandkids appears to have been the final straw for Donna and Uncle Charlie. I wish I were joking, but there’s nothing funny about the human wreckage here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann