Deceased/Not Found FL - Danielle Brown, 22, Leon County, 5 Feb 2010

Update:

UPDATED 1.10.2011 by Julie Montanaro

Elijah James is scheduled to stand trial for arson in Thomas County, Georgia on January 31st.

James has been indicted in Leon County, Florida for the murder of Danielle Brown, but authorities have not been able to find her body.

James is accused of setting Brown's car on fire the day after she disappeared and abandoning at a city dump in the small town of Pavo, Georgia, where James has family.

http://www.wctv.tv/floridanews/head...der_Suspect_to_be_Tried_in_Georgia_First.html

New Updates on Danielle's Killer:

The jury found James guilty on both counts: arson and grand theft auto.
Click here to find out more!

-----------------------------------------------
[UPDATED 2.2.2011 4:10pm

There is a verdict in the case. It will be announced momentarily.

-------------------------------------------
UPDATE] 2-2 2:17 pm

Closing arguments just wrapped up and the case has now been turned over to the jury for deliberation. A verdict is expected to be announced later today. WCTV continues to monitor the proceedings and will continue to update as more information becomes available.

---------------

[UPDATE] 2-2 Noon --

The State has rested in the Elijah James Case. The Defense is expected to call witnesses after lunch. James has said that he will not take the stand in his own defense.

[UPDATE] 2-2 11:20AM --

Testimony from today:

Elijah James’ brother-in-law and sister testified about James coming over to their house Saturday and they are the ones who took him to Lowe’s to buy all of his supplies. They said they didn’t see him again until Monday, but he didn’t have Danielle’s car on Monday.

The FDLE agent who processes crime scenes testified about blood being found in the car inside the trunk and in the interior. Also, a gas nozzle was found in the car in a sponge.

That Sunday night, a man saw someone suspicious carrying bags, so he called the police. He testified, saying he saw James that night.

Stay with WCTV for updates from the courtroom.

UPDATE 2-1 by Lanetra Bennett

Danielle Brown's father is the first to take the stand Tuesday. As he walked by Elijah James, he didn't even glance at the man on trial accused in the disappearance of his daughter. Brown's mother and sister did the same before testifying that Brown and James argued when they last saw her last February 5 at around 11:30 that Friday night.
James' cousin says James came to his house in Borwn's car around 5 the next morning, offering to drive to the store for beer.

Solomon Mills, James' Cousin says, "He told me to hang on before I got in. He had the back driver's dorr open and he was moving some stuff around the back seat. He told me not get in right then."

Brown's car was found behind pile of debris in the Pavo, Georgia dump that Monday, The insides had been torched and tag, and VIN number were removed.

Clayton Odonel, Pavo city employee, says, "As I approached, I noticed I couldn't see through thw windos.I opened the door and smeeled gas and then called police."

Prosecutors say James was spotted buying gloves, carpet cleaner, windex, trash bags, a gas can, a shovel, and chain saw. The defense attorney says James uses those items as a tree doctor.

The prosecutor says the points of origin of the fire in Brown's car were in the back seat and near the glove compartment.

----------------------------------------------

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/U...der_Suspect_to_be_Tried_in_Georgia_First.html

James was sentenced to 20 years for arson and 10 0n the grand theft auto. Leon Co. will transport him back to their county after paperwork is filed. I think these guilty verdicts will go a long way in helping with the murder trial. Danielle's blood was found on drivers side interior and passenger back door. Also there was a pool of blood in the truck that rested positive for Danielle. A sponge was discovered with a gas nozzle wrapped in it that had James' DNA. He had purchased a sponge and gas can at the Lowe's store along with carpet cleaner, windex, gloves, shovel and chainsaw.

I have watched this case since Danielle disappeared and prayed many times she would be found. Sadly that hasn't happened but I do think think the evidence proves without a doubt she is deceased and that ELijah James is responsible for her death. I think Leon Co., Fl has a good no body case against him

Bumping Danielle...Where are you sweet baby girl???

Update:

Update: Elijah James on his way to Tallahassee, will face first-degree murder charge

DEMOCRAT STAFF REPORT • Published: February 21. 2011 2:00AM

Elijah James is on his way to Tallahassee this afternoon and will face criminal proceedings in the first-degree murder case of Danielle...
3 P.M. Update

Elijah James is on his way to Tallahassee this afternoon and will face criminal proceedings in the first-degree murder case of Danielle Brown, said Sgt. James McQuaig, spokesman for the Leon County Sheriff's Office.

The 36-year-old man indicted August in the disappearance of Brown, his ex-girlfriend, signed a waiver of extradition last Thursday.

James was also convicted of first-degree arson and theft January in Thomas County, Ga. Investigators linked James to Brown's torched car, which was discovered in a city dump in Pavo, Ga. days after she went missing in February 2010.

Read more: Update: Elijah James on his way to Tallahassee, will face first-degree murder charge | tallahassee.com | Tallahassee Democrat

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...face-first-degree-murder-charge#ixzz1Eeu2fUsA

Feb 17 update:

The man indicted for murder in the disappearance of Danielle Brown signed a waiver of extradition Thursday and will soon return to Leon County to face those murder charges.

Thomas County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Steve Jones said TCSO was notified by Elijah James’ attorney around 3:30 p.m. that he was willing to sign the waiver of extradition. James was sentenced in Thomas County earlier this month to 20 years in prison for arson and theft involving Brown’s car.

James was indicted for murder in connection with Brown's disappearance in August 2010. Brown's body has not yet been found.

Jones said James signed the paperwork around 4 p.m. Thursday and TCSO notified the Leon County Sheriff’s Office that he did. LCSO spokesman Sgt. James McQuaig said Thursday night that TCSO and LCSO had been in contact with each other, but final arrangements for James’ transport to Leon County had not yet been made.

Read more: Update: Elijah James on his way to Tallahassee, will face first-degree murder charge | tallahassee.com | Tallahassee Democrat http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...face-first-degree-murder-charge#ixzz1EeveSmVy

Today's update:

[UPDATE] Elijah James Back in Tallahassee to Face Murder Charges
At a status hearing for Elijah James on March 30, a case management hearing was scheduled for October 26.

UPDATED 2.22.2011 by Julie Montanaro

The man accused of killing Danielle Brown is now facing the death penalty for it.

Elijah James was brought back to Florida to face murder charges yesterday and today the state filed its notice to seek the death penalty against him.

http://www.wctv.tv/floridanews/head...ahassee_to_Face_Murder_Charges_116438454.html

UPDATE June 14, 2011

Elijah James Back in Tallahassee to Face Murder Charges

A man imprisoned for arson in Georgia and awaiting trial for murder in Florida is demanding a new trial in the peach state.

Elijah James is accused in the disappearance and murder of Danielle Brown.
He has already been convicted of arson for torching her car and abandoning it at a city dump in Pavo, Georgia. He's serving a 20 year prison sentence for that.

[snip]

Meanwhile, James is awaiting trial on murder charges in Leon County, Florida. His next court date on those charges is scheduled for September 30th.

More: http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/E...ahassee_to_Face_Murder_Charges_116438454.html

UPDATED 9.30.2011 by Julie Montanaro

A Tallahassee man accused of killing his girlfriend, hiding her body and torching her car will stand trial for it in the spring of 2012.

Elijah James is accused of killing Danielle Brown. She disappeared in February 2010, but her body has never been found.

James is already serving a 20 year sentence for arson in Georgia for setting Brown's car on fire and abandoning it at a city dump in Pavo.

This morning, a judge set a date for his murder trial of May 7, 2012.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against James

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/E...ahassee_to_Face_Murder_Charges_116438454.html

Rest In Peace...Sweet Angel Danielle!

New Update:

I taught this sweet girl in First Grade!

March 2, 2012 - 11:58am -

A tip in the disappearance of Danielle Brown has brought deputies to a plantation at the Florida-Georgia line. They are sifting through the dirt to see if any remains are buried there.

Eyewitness News is with authorities on Veterans Memorial Highway, not far from the Florida-Georgia line.

Deputies have set up a crime scene about 150-200 yards from the highway.

We're told the are is a hunting plantation called "Love Ridge."

The captain on scene tells us they got a tip and brought the dogs out to search the area yesterday afternoon. Three different cadaver dogs alerted to the same spot. We're told it's about six feet by six feet. They're now sifting through dirt an inch-or-two at a time to see if there are any human remains.

Danielle Brown disappeared two years ago. Her boyfriend is charged with her murder but her body has never been found.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/BREAKING_141185053.html

Rest In Peace...Danielle Brown

Two-day dig for Danielle Brown turns up nothing

Investigators spent most of the last two days at a plantation near the Florida/Georgia border, following a tip that they hoped would lead them to the body of Danielle Brown, a Tallahassee woman who went missing in 2010.

Police began investigating the area, a 400-sqaure-foot plot located off Highway 59, on Thursday. After a two-day search, Lt. James McQuaig, spokesman for the Leon County Sheriff's office, said police had no luck.

McQuaig said nothing was found in the search and police will continue to investigate Brown's disappearance elsewhere.

More: http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20120303/NEWS01/203030311/Two-day-dig-Danielle-Brown-turns-up-nothing?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|frontpage

There are two threads on precious Danielle Brown...I have been updating the other thread and did not find this one until your update.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95417&highlight=Danielle+Brown

Does anyone know how the combine the threads...I certainly Do NOT...

I taught this young lady in first grade and she was just adorable...Life has not been good for her. It breaks my heart to know that the just killed her and tried to get away with it.

Dear God..Please bring Danielle Home to Those That love Her!

New Update:

A death warrant signed by Florida's governor has temporarily derailed a Tallahassee murder case.

Elijah James was set to stand trial next week, but his lawyer must now turn his attention from keeping James off death row to keeping another man off the execution table.

The decision came on the eve of trial. Elijah James would not face a judge and jury on Monday in the murder of his girlfriend Danielle Brown.

That will have to wait until March.

http://www.wctv.tv/news/courtcases/headlines/Elijah_James_Death_Penalty_Or_Not_116438454.html

I am praying that this dude takes a plea deal and tells the location of sweet Danielle's body...May the idea of the death penalty scare the truth out of him....Her poor family needs some closure!

Dear God..Please Bring Justice To The Family of Danielle Brown!

Trial of Elijah James is in progress:

Tallahassee, FL - Surveillance video played on a screen ten feet tall as Elijah James stands trial for killing his girlfriend. Her body has never been found. Yet his cousin took the stand today and said James pulled up in her car the morning after she disappeared.

"As long as he was buying the beer I was ready to roll." Solomon Mills says Elijah James woke him from a sound sleep the morning of February 6th, 2010. He says it was 5:30 in the morning and James wanted to go buy beer. Mills says James was driving Danielle Brown's car.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Jury-Selected-in-Missing-Body-Case.html

I am hoping that he will get the Death Penalty, will plea bargain and give up the location of her body in exchange for Life Without Parole.

Dear God Please Bring Sweet Danielle Brown Home!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johandev
Back