FL FL - Darlene Webb, 20, Daytona Beach, 22 Jan 1983

A little more about that night

On Friday, Jan. 21, 1983, she delivered chicken soup to her boss, who was sick at home with the flu. She promised she wouldn't stay out too late that evening, so she could open the restau-
rant the next morning. That night, she met a co- worker and some male col- lege friends at a beachside bar where the group shared
a couple of pitchers of beer. They all left at 1:30 a.m., but her Chevette was parked a block away from her
friends vehicles.
She walked alone toward her
car. The next morning, her boss awoke Fran Webb to ask why Darlene hadn't
opened up the restaurant.
The Chevette was still parked near the bar, with her clutch purse, wallet and
money inside.

The Deck Podcast just released an episode about Darlene's disappearance.

The night was still young when 20-year-old Darlene left her friends at a local Daytona Beach bar to go get some shut-eye before work the following morning… but little did they know, as she walked out into the darkness of the night, that’d be the last time they’d ever see her. Today, detectives are still as baffled as they were back in 1983.

1694092190076.png

The Deck Podcast just released an episode about Darlene's disappearance.

The night was still young when 20-year-old Darlene left her friends at a local Daytona Beach bar to go get some shut-eye before work the following morning… but little did they know, as she walked out into the darkness of the night, that’d be the last time they’d ever see her. Today, detectives are still as baffled as they were back in 1983.

View attachment 445391
Just listened to the episode!

I wonder where Oba Chandler was in January 1983? He had links to the area and when he fled Tampa in 1989 following the Rogers murders he went to live in Port Orange next door to Daytona Beach. He had a record a mile long and everyone was convinced the Roger's case suggested previous similar offences. He may have been in prison at the time of this one but I am unable to confirm or deny it. But he is certainly a name for the possible suspects list.

Chandler was arrested and sent to federal prison on counterfeiting charges in 1983, but I'm not exactly sure what the timeline was on that. He was living in Orlando at the time, under the name James Thomas Wright.

Per the second article, he was actually indicted in 1982, but it's unclear if he was in custody at that time.

I think Oba Chandler is possibly a suspect but I have the impression that she was kidnapped and forced into another car. She had already left her things and they took her out. She would still have her keys in her pocket... she may have been taken out of the area quickly and so on. once violated and murdered, perhaps she is in some wooded or swampy area just as it is florid... it is clear that she is a good girl who is still quite young... I hope she did not suffer so much at the time of leaving...
either way
rest in peace

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member