Identified! FL - Davie, WhtFem 21-35, 554UFFL, in canal, blonde, gapped teeth, Feb'84 - Lori Jane Kearsey

By the way, I just read back on the previous posts, and see that Ms Suzanne looked at the actual postmortem photo of this UID, and doesn't think that she looks like her sister Tammy. So we should probably let this one go, and take her word for it.
She does look very similar.I can't tell real good.She looks very dead.I do want them to recheck this.So I'm am requesting it again.

Oops :doh: Sherry Lynn Rail is pretty close to Shari Lynn Ball, but I guess I need to get my eyes checked.

Here's the comparison of Shari Lynn Ball to this UID:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/ball_shari.html

ball_shari2.jpg
2856681090045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

She has quite a prominent pointy nose, which is much different from the small nose depicted of the UID.
I think Shari Lynn Ball looks like this main Jane Doe I am trying to Identify.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/428uffl.html

The tattoo made me note that this is not an extremely likely possibility or close match to Sherry Lynn Rail, unless it was not listed by error (like the differences in the description of her teeth: gapped or not).
But with all respect, I don’t think distance is enough reason to definitely dismiss any possibility, unless the circumstances points out that the missing person was very unlikely to leave their home city/state/country without explanation. People could voluntary travel several states away to look for work, to get away from family troubles, or other reasons, and there’s also the possibility of being abducted and having to travel with the abductor, ending up a long way from where they disappeared.

Missing persons from the same area were more “obvious” to compare when the case were new, meaning that cases from further away are more likely to be overlooked, and before the internet it must have been very difficult to keep track of missing persons from other states.

As I’m quite new here, I’m not sure if I’m posting correctly, but I’ve seen many suggestions posted where there’s very obvious discrepancies between the description of the UIDs hair colour, weight or age, and the missing person’s.

But after I wrote down the suggestions, Shari Lynne Ball was added to the Charley Project, and I think she’s a stronger possibility than Sherry Lynn Rail now.

I'm being told this Jane Doe does not have DNA on her.It was tainted?and they are getting DNA now and it will go into CODIS when it is completed.

Ahh Suzanne..... I am glad you called!!!! Did they happen to say anything about the UID's teeth? Do you she could be Tammy? Does Tammy have naturally curly hair?

Ahh Suzanne..... I am glad you called!!!! Did they happen to say anything about the UID's teeth? Do you she could be Tammy? Does Tammy have naturally curly hair?
I've always thought they should look into this Jane Doe.This Jane Doe is one of the closest matches to tammy.I'm trying to go through my old notes and emails on this I believe he said this Jane Doe had bleached blond hair.I think it was permed?some things match Tammy on this Jane Doe.Some do not.DNA will have to tell.

I asked him again now about this Jane Does teeth.He said
Yes, Jane Doe 84 (no DNA yet)…has small gap in front teeth..may have been filled with some type of dental implant ????

I asked him again now about this Jane Does teeth.He said
Yes, Jane Doe 84 (no DNA yet)…has small gap in front teeth..may have been filled with some type of dental implant ????

That doesn't seem to make sense. A dental implant is used to replace a missing tooth, not to fill a gap. He must have meant that the gap may have been filled with bonding material.

That doesn't seem to make sense. A dental implant is used to replace a missing tooth, not to fill a gap. He must have meant that the gap may have been filled with bonding material.

Yeah this whole tooth thing is bizarre. I have a dental implant as one of my front teeth (I broke it in cheerleading in high school) No one knows it's not a real tooth. (unless of course I would tell them)

Wonder how long it will take for the DNA to get entered into CODIS? Did he say Suzanne?

Yeah this whole tooth thing is bizarre. I have a dental implant as one of my front teeth (I broke it in cheerleading in high school) No one knows it's not a real tooth. (unless of course I would tell them)

Wonder how long it will take for the DNA to get entered into CODIS? Did he say Suzanne?
He said a few months.But I know from past experiences it takes alot longer.They might have to try a few times.

I asked Ms Suzanne if I could see the postmortem, so that I could create a alternate version of the facial reconstruction. However, her LE source asked her not to post the postmortem image in the public domain, so I will not post the postmortem photo here.

As Ms Suzanne indicated, the Jane Doe's face is not in the best condition. Her closed eyes were swollen from being in water, so it is quite difficult to get a sense of the shape of her eyes. There was also significant sagging of the skin of her face, much like you see with Buckskin Girl and the B&W forward view of Walker County Jane Doe.

Ms Suzanne has told me that she thinks I should post the reconstruction here. I think what I came up with is reasonably close. This accurately portrays her smallish chin and very unusually narrow dorsum of the nose.

6d7c60d1-3097-4d45-95d1-6eb6cc42b270.jpg

BTW, she does have many similarities to Tammy Leppert, but I also see some differences that may or may not be attributable to postmortem effects. I am not sure one way or the other given the condition of the body.

What about trying to super impose the two pictures to compare. An overlay? I have seen some posters who can do this.

The postmortem photo is taken from a high angle, and therefore, it cannot be compared to any of the straight-on photos of Tammy.

I asked Ms Suzanne if I could see the postmortem, so that I could create a alternate version of the facial reconstruction. However, her LE source asked her not to post the postmortem image in the public domain, so I will not post the postmortem photo here.

As Ms Suzanne indicated, the Jane Doe's face is not in the best condition. Her closed eyes were swollen from being in water, so it is quite difficult to get a sense of the shape of her eyes. There was also significant sagging of the skin of her face, much like you see with Buckskin Girl and the B&W forward view of Walker County Jane Doe.

Ms Suzanne has told me that she thinks I should post the reconstruction here. I think what I came up with is reasonably close. This accurately portrays her smallish chin and very unusually narrow dorsum of the nose.

BTW, she does have many similarities to Tammy Leppert, but I also see some differences that may or may not be attributable to postmortem effects. I am not sure one way or the other given the condition of the body.

The postmortem photo is taken from a high angle, and therefore, it is not comparable to any of the straight-on photos of Tammy.
This is beautiful and looks very much like the Jane Doe.I agree there are some similarities to Tammy and some differences.I'm not sure what to think.

this missing person, Beverli Darnell, fits most of the demographics, although Beverli's face seems longer than the UID.

Beverli was 22 when last known alive in FL in May 1983 (the date she called her mother, not the date listed at Namus as Jan 1983). Beveri was about 5'6" 130 lbs blonde hair and brown eyes (which can be confused with hazel). Beverli was known to use drugs.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2889/3/

this missing person, Beverli Darnell, fits most of the demographics, although Beverli's face seems longer than the UID.

Beverli was 22 when last known alive in FL in May 1983 (the date she called her mother, not the date listed at Namus as Jan 1983). Beveri was about 5'6" 130 lbs blonde hair and brown eyes (which can be confused with hazel). Beverli was known to use drugs.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2889/3/

I looked at Beverli compared to the photo, and there are some very clear differences. As you said - Beverli's face is much longer and narrower.

I can't believe this UID hasn't been identified. She looks like she has a well kept appearance. Someone is missing her!!!

FWIW, after spending quite a bit of time working both on this Jane Doe's facial reconstruction, and an age-progression of Tammy Lynn Leppert (at Ms Suzanne's request), and focusing on their facial features in fine detail (in TLL's photos and the postmortem of 1984 Davie Jane Doe), I am confident that they are not one in the same.

The tips and bottoms of their noses are quite different, and the dorsum of Jane Doe's nose is narrower. Also, the bridge of Tammy's nose creases slightly above eye-level, whereas with Jane Doe, the crease is right at eye level.

2882109190045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

I spent a couple more hours fine-tuning the reconstruction, and although the shape of her eyes may or may not be right, I believe that I have depicted the rest of her face and her hairstyle accurately. In the PM photo, her hair appears to be wet, and bangs are pulled back, but I am presuming that she would have styled her bangs down over her forehead (as I have shown here). And despite the sagging of the facial skin down below her jawline, one can still see very clearly the contours of her face and jawline. Other than the bulging of her closed eyes, there doesn't appear to be very much bloat, as is often the case with bodies that have been in water.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back