FL - Dawn Brancheau, Female Trainer Killed at Shamu Stadium

Here is something that I don't understand about Tilly, he has been involved in three deaths. After what happened at sea world the claim that the previous trainer fell in the pool is suspect. Now breeders when they talk about choosing who to breed with say don't breed a known aggressive animal so why have they used him so much several of his offspring have been involved in violent acts. Stop breeding any of them. These who can't be reintroduced to the sea put into sea pens until they die out and NEVER DO IT AGAIN.

while sitting in a waiting room today, whatever station was playing on the radio announced on behalf of the vancouver aquarium that "our whales and dolphins are ambassadors of the ocean"...

i tuned out after that.

:facepalm:

(ambassador: an authorized messenger or representative)

Confessions of a killer whale (Tilikum's) trainer:

"If I loved and appreciated these magnificent animals so much; why would I lie, especially to myself? Why? The answer is quite simple; once I was honest with myself. Ego and selfishness [got in the way]. How many in the world can say: “I’m a killer whale trainer.” I pet, feed, play, work with one of the most magnificent and intelligent animals on the entire planet! The ego boost from an admiring [public] raised eyebrows and a, “Really!!” when you answer a person’s question about what you do for a living. And especially walking through a crowd after a performance; surrounded by the admiring expressions of adults and kids alike.

[FONT=georgia, serif]The ego sucks it up faster than a Shamwow [brand name absorbent towel]. It’s addictive and I challenge any and all current SeaWorld & Marineland trainers to take an honest look inside their hearts and tell me otherwise.[/FONT]"

[FONT=georgia, serif][/FONT]https://sites.google.com/site/voiceoftheorcas/the-current-story/confessionsofakillerwhaletrainerbystevehuxter

Free the Whales, problem solved

Some of the whales might be possible to free. But, the freed Keiko and he sought out humans. This caused him to linger where he shouldn't and he died of pneumonia. He was a sweet whale and never hurt anyone.

Tilly has killed three people. He can't be let free to seek humans if he gets the notion to... and he even liked Dawn. You can tell he did. He just has a temper and he's so strong.

There is a whale Lolita, she's from the waters off Washington State. She's kind of old (40 or so), but. her mother is alive. She's very gentle. Some people want to free her. They said they would watch over her and feed her (if need be). But, she is all the way in Miami now... still, if there was a way to move her with her mom out there maybe she'd be o.k.

ETA...

I don't know the best solution. I am worried if Tilly seeks humans then kills one, orcas might get blamed or hurt.

Some of the whales might be possible to free. But, the freed Keiko and he sought out humans. This caused him to linger where he shouldn't and he died of pneumonia. He was a sweet whale and never hurt anyone.

Tilly has killed three people. He can't be let free to seek humans if he gets the notion to... and he even liked Dawn. You can tell he did. He just has a temper and he's so strong.

There is a whale Lolita, she's from the waters off Washington State. She's kind of old (40 or so), but. her mother is alive. She's very gentle. Some people want to free her. They said they would watch over her and feed her (if need be). But, she is all the way in Miami now... still, if there was a way to move her with her mom out there maybe she'd be o.k.

ETA...

I don't know the best solution. I am worried if Tilly seeks humans then kills one, orcas might get blamed or hurt.

I think the best solution is sea pens. If we stop letting people profit from them, they will stop breeding (inbreeding) them.

JMO

cnn is showing blackfish again tomorrow august 16th at a few different times... check local schedule :)

Article about the proposed new "habitat" for $eaworlds Orcas.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/seaworld-to-upgrade-killer-whale-habitats-1408089841

What makes me irate is the amount of money they are spending on it- spend the money on seapens!

The new addition is only 1.5 acres. My yard is a little bigger than that and I can't imagine spending the rest of my life in my own yard with concrete walls around me.

It sickens me to think SeaWorld will use this additional space for more breeding. I hope AB-2140 passes and shuts down the orca breeding (at least in California). The last batch of young orcas SeaWorld bred then shipped out of the country didn't do well and a trainer ended up dead.

More info on the expansion, SeaWorld's possible motives are far worse than I expected.

https://www.thedodo.com/blackfishs-jeffrey-ventre-our--681932339.html

“We make no apologies for what we do and how we do it.” - Jim Atchinson, SeaWorld CEO
#disgusting pic.twitter.com/mAqVQTeqk7

Even back when they were attempting to get Tili from Sealand their focus was on breeding. The video on TheDodo of the pool they were in- much was made of how it wasn't safe for a calf. No mention of how awful it was already for the three prisoners already crammed in!

Hmm, I wonder where the wild orcas and belugas captured off the east coast of Russia will end up. SeaWorld is taking their brand of abuse to Pan-Asia, India, and Russia. :tears:

"Turning to our international efforts, we continue to make significant progress in our plans to expand our theme parks outside the U.S. We recently signed a Letter of Intent with Village Roadshow Theme Parks, a division of Village Roadshow Limited, a leading international entertainment and media company, to co-develop theme parks in Pan-Asia, India and Russia. This Letter of Intent, along with our previously announced Memorandum of Understanding with our partner in the Middle East, creates exciting opportunities to extend our brands beyond our domestic borders," Atchison added.

http://www.seaworldinvestors.com/news-releases/news-release-details/2014/SeaWorld-Entertainment-Inc-Reports-Second-Quarter-2014-Results-and-Announces-Share-Repurchase-Program/default.aspx
#sthash.Lh4fkp0x.dpuf

It appears SeaWorld will be involved with two orcas stolen from the sea in Russia. The tragic life of Tilikum is being repeated all over again. The translation from Russian to English is a little rough but here goes:

"According to Yulia Frolova, orcas have already started learning the tricks of eight under the guidance of coaches.

- The program is currently being developed, - she said. - Will jumping, cascades, perhaps using some props. With animals have Russian coaches, and they are consulted in the American company SeaWorld, which has in this matter considerable experience."

More info on their appalling living conditions:

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/anima...rcas-is-starting-to-look-a-lot-like-seaworld/

Russian article:

http://izvestia.ru/news/578937

Video of a Russian capture (warning - disturbing video, at least one orca drowns):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJsqCp2JQos

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back