Found Deceased FL - Douglas Swanson, 28, Jacksonville, 14 December 2014

Maybe...I always look at everything, since I have a friend missing. :(

Thank you for answering my questions.

Has Pottsburg Creek been checked? I don't know the area he lives in, but I see the creek is close to where he was at that night.

ETA: I would find it hard for the cell provider to cross the pings with her number. Do you know if LE was able to pull the texts also?

I guess the biggest thing I'm having a hard time with is him meeting another woman at the party and his wife not throwing a fit because he went? Just a 2am curfew? Has the other woman been contacted? Or does the other woman have a husband/BF who might not be too happy with his wife/GF meeting another man?

I looked on Google for your area re: water depths. I couldn't find anything except the names of lakes up there. Since I don't know the area maybe you could google what areas of water he would've driven by or where the phone pinged after he left the party and find the depth.

I am not familiar with pottsburg creek but will look into it, thank you. Unfortunately, there are tons of bodies of water in this area so I'm looking for ways to narrow it down by finding the ones deep enough to conceal a large SUV like his.

The LE was able to pull Doug's texts and contacted everyone he recently had contact with and was not able to get a single lead. Doug did not call or text anyone after leaving the party

I don't think his wife knew he was going to meet her until afterwards. The 2 am curfew was a stipulation of them getting back together to work on the marriage due to past issues. As for the girl he went to meet... she is not married but I have no idea if she has a boyfriend. The LE met with her and others from the party and said several people saw him drive off. Shortly afterwards she quit returning the detectives call and supposedly went into hiding because people immediately started accusing her of having something to do with his disappearance. I believe Doug went to high school with her as his mom says he has known her for many years but I have not seen her following or sharing his missing person info.

I just read this blog and this sentence jumped out at me.

That being said i want to share a post by someone who was a mother to Doug.

Past tense.

http://www.bringdouglashome.com/414252785

She was referring to the mother of one of Doug's childhood friends. I'm glad you noticed the past tense though as that's not the first time she has used it... As its no secret Doug's mother and wife turned on each other very early on in his disappearance. According to his mom the wife yelled at her the week after he went missing and said "I had nothing to do with the death of your son!" To which she replied "who said my son is dead?" I believe that was the last time they talked. His wife will not return any family heirlooms and has blocked his mothers phone calls.

1TruthSleuth -- are you the previous relationship? If so I am so sorry for you and your son. It sounds like you are doing a lot to help find Doug. Hugs.

Yes, I am his ex gf and the mother of his son. Thank you all for taking interest in this case. I promise to try to answer all questions to the best of my ability. Any guidance or advise is greatly appreciated as this is all so new to me.

Truth, you will find here at WS, we care and will do anything we can to help you and your son to bring Doug home.

We need a map. Can you tell us where the party was, where Doug lived and all the areas you know the phone pinged? And approx. what time the phone pinged. And does his mom also live in the area? If the phone pinged in the Arlington area and then back around his apt., then the phone of course was traveling with somebody. Depending on the distance, the phone may have pinged off more towers then just the two areas you mentioned and LE is not releasing that info.

I'm still curious about the beach comment in the link posted above. The reporter said he was told Doug was heading to the beach. Do you know if Doug went to a certain area of the beach, or did he take his son to the beach? Maybe he was heading there to clear his head? If he left the party going straight to the beach what route would he take and what about bodies of water on the way there?

Do you have a good rapor with LE? Or will they not talk to you because you're not next of kin? How about his mom?

I'm so sorry you are having to go thru this, and am asking you so many questions. I don't want you to feel overwhelmed with all my questions. Sending you and your son prayers and hugs! Let's find Doug!

That is strange! But, did you catch he was headed to the beach? If he left at 1:15 and had a 2 am curfew, why was he headed to the beach?

I'm not really sure what that was all about. Its rumored that as Doug was leaving the party he said he was going to the beach to pick up chicks but drove off in the opposite direction. Not sure if he was just saying that to look cool or if he was going to disregard his wife's curfew and go to the beach. Doug has a history of BS'ing so its hard to tell.

We need to get on this, guys!

We need to get on this, guys!

We don't have a lot to go on at the moment. If we knew which way he went from the party, I'd be checking all the bodies of water along the way to his apt or beach. We know he left at 1:15 am and had a curfew of 2 am. If we knew exactly where he lived, we could judge how long it would take to get home from the party. I wonder if there were any video cams on the way home?

Is there anything on the local news about this? I don't recall seeing anything on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there anything on the local news about this? I don't recall seeing anything on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 first post. He's also listed on NAMUS. There is also a missing FB page set up for him.

Okay, I attempted to read through the missing FB.
Facts:
1) Has a child (son) that he loves, excited about the future (closing escrow on Gma's house), was buying a carbed for his son's new room in the new house.
2) met wife, who is active-duty Navy, and secretly married after 6 months
3) marriage was a little rocky, so they took steps to work on it (agreed on curfew)
4) wife and family don't currently get along
5) was at a party and left either to go to the beach to "hook up(my words)", or go home in time for curfew
6) drives distinctive white truck which required being pulled out of mud before/during (?) party

Yeah, I agree. Not a lot to go on.

That is strange! But, did you catch he was headed to the beach? If he left at 1:15 and had a 2 am curfew, why was he headed to the beach?

I did catch that! Not sure what to make of it though.

Truth, have you checked Craigslist for the Tahoe?

ETA: where is Jacksonville Beach from where he lives? NAMUS says he was headed there.

1TruthSleuth has been verified as an insider in the case of missing Douglas Swanson Jr.

Douglas and 1TruthSleuth have a 4-year-old son together.

Please be respectful of 1TruthSleuth. She will be able to shed some light on this case for us.

Being that she is verified, she can tell us things without providing a link. It's up to you whether you
choose to believe what 1TruthSleuth posts or not. If you find something she posts as questionable you are allowed to ask her about it as
long as you are not rude or accusatory.

Thank you 1TruthSleuth for your willingness to come forward and answer our questions.

Take Care Everyone,
Tricia

Truth, have you checked Craigslist for the Tahoe?

ETA: where is Jacksonville Beach from where he lives? NAMUS says he was headed there.

We saw a Tahoe for parts on CL a few weeks ago but were unable to get any info from it. Seller was emailed but never responded. The ad was brief and didnt even list the color. The detective was notified.

Jax beach is about a 20-30 min drive depending on traffic/time of day.

I am very thankful to a local resident who has offered to search bodies of water; From my understanding he has diving equipment and an underwater camera. Yesterday he went to check out the pond in Doug's apt complex. Unfortunately, his search did not provide any leads. He did however speak to the staff working and was informed that his wife had moved out. This was news to Doug's mother and myself. After further research it appears she was discharged from the Navy 3/1/15.

I am very thankful to a local resident who has offered to search bodies of water; From my understanding he has diving equipment and an underwater camera. Yesterday he went to check out the pond in Doug's apt complex. Unfortunately, his search did not provide any leads. He did however speak to the staff working and was informed that his wife had moved out. This was news to Doug's mother and myself. After further research it appears she was discharged from the Navy 3/1/15.
Was she honorably discharged, dishonorably-discharged, medically-discharged, what?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colleenx
Back