FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But would a strong, confident, intelligent, no-nonsense type A person have such an unpredictable, violent hypothetical lover at her home when she only had a few hours to sleep before work Monday morning? It seems like a huge lapse of judgment on the part of someone being remembered as "Mother Teresa."

I'm leaning away from the "violent lover" theory; she doesn't come off as a person who would engage in an illicit affair. Everything about her life (that we know from the media) spells a life dedicated to service... to her patients, family and community so I can only conclude that she was a straight up decent person comitted to living an ethicall life. I'm guessing here, of course, but I'm thinking the rage killing was professionally motivated... something like a disgruntled patient (or family member of one) or a colleague. Someone who "couldn't handle the truth".

I'm leaning away from the "violent lover" theory; she doesn't come off as a person who would engage in an illicit affair. Everything about her life (that we know from the media) spells a life dedicated to service... to her patients, family and community so I can only conclude that she was a straight up decent person comitted to living an ethicall life. I'm guessing here, of course, but I'm thinking the rage killing was professionally motivated... something like a disgruntled patient (or family member of one) or a colleague. Someone who "couldn't handle the truth".
There may have been a person she knew in a casual way...that escalated to a stalker type person.

Bolded by me:

If this is true,it is very unprofessional of the deputy. Nurse Sandra is not immediate family and I find it hard to believe a deputy would tell her in the middle of the street,just after the body was discovered,that she has "passed"

July 4

[Nurse Sandra] "Hoskins immediately drove to the doctor's home and spoke with a deputy.

"He said she's passed," said Hoskins. "I called Mark, and I said I know what's going, but I don't know what's going on. He was hysterical."

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29475659...bonita-springs-doctor-speaks-out#.VafAavlViko

Respectfully, there are two accounts set up. One of the accounts is the (which has been changed three times with the latest change yesterday from Teresa's Brother stating all funds would now go to her children). This fund was initially for $1,000,000 million dollars by LS on day 1 but was reduced by Mark Sievers last week to $100,000 when he also changed the account to go to Good Shepard Ministries from In Memory of...

And, there is an entirely different fundraiser that was started at the beginning for Teresa's children (for their college) at the Indiegogo site.

https://life.**************/fundraisers/college-fund-for-josephine-carmi-sievers

Hope this clears up the facts of the fundraising accounts.

Granted when LS started the the day after the murder, it raised a red flag for many. What was she thinking? Maybe something along the lines of what am I going to do now that Dr. S. is gone. LS's livlihood depended (to what extent is unknow) on the patient referrals Dr. S. brought to the practice so she will have to find another Dr. to work with or write a book or something. I think LS setting up the may have been partially motivated by self interest which she probably didn't think through how it would look to the public.

I do feel better now that the fund is in the hands of several of her family members. Does Florida/CT/MO (thinking they may move closer to family eventually) have in state tuition assistance for those with a 2.5 or better GPA. Several states do. I have some getting ready for college and depending on the school, yes, there are scholarships raining down. (But my least best student has a 3.95 GPA)

Between in state tuition forgiveness for the state program and a 4k scholarship based on grades only, with an on campus apartment instead of a dorm, I'm looking at having to pay about 5k a year for a terrific university.

It doesn't have to be expensive for a degree from a well-respected university.

I do get the sense, though, that there is financial difficulty here. I have no idea how TS could have gotten business loans without dedicating life insurance to the payoff, but people are underinsured all the time, so maybe that happened. Life got busy, she didn't have time to think about it, no one expects to get murdered today.... Its a real shame.

July 4

[Nurse Sandra] "Hoskins immediately drove to the doctor's home and spoke with a deputy.

"He said she's passed," said Hoskins. "I called Mark, and I said I know what's going, but I don't know what's going on. He was hysterical."

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29475659...bonita-springs-doctor-speaks-out#.VafAavlViko

But, what's normal protocol here? I mean, the nurse probably asked if she was OK, or asked to see her, asked if she was inside, etc. Should the deputy have just said, "no comment?"

But, what's normal protocol here? I mean, the nurse probably asked if she was OK, or asked to see her, asked if she was inside, etc. Should the deputy have just said, "no comment?"

I tend to agree with this. As long as her husband was notified first (who knows if he was), it is kind of hard to ignore the crime scene tape, the CSI and then the coroner van. If anyone had a scanner, they would know.

What's "not right away"? The girls go back to school in Sept. , daddy can get a job. Many young people who lose a parent young eventually go to college but they work and earn scholarships. This money grab from the beginning is just wrong, and looks terrible. As does the cremation.:moo:

I agree-The FIRST thought after this tragedy seemed to be about money--Doesn't look right--And the girls are not going to college "right away"

The family is also eligible for Crime Victim Compensation from the state of Florida, which can help cover any immediate hardship.

I would be very surprised if there was no insurance. A well educated, upper middle class family with children is highly likely IMO to have life insurance, especially since it would have been required for a business loan.

Unlike what another poster said, I don't see any "vitrol" against the family... what we are expressing concern over is the immediate fund raising through an Internet site for a family that is likely better off than many of the posters here. There are many, many threads here for missing/murdered adults where there isn't an immediate call for money, so when there is, it raises concerns. Also, the choice of rather than a simple and easily done bank account for the benefit of the children... why? I've got to think most donors would prefer to give through a bank where the there would be some oversight. Why would the people that set it up not want to have the bank oversight?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The family is also eligible for Crime Victim Compensation from the state of Florida, which can help cover any immediate hardship.

I would be very surprised if there was no insurance. A well educated, upper middle class family with children is highly likely IMO to have life insurance, especially since it would have been required for a business loan.

Unlike what another poster said, I don't see any "vitrol" against the family... what we are expressing concern over is the immediate fund raising through an Internet site for a family that is likely better off than many of the posters here. There are many, many threads here for missing/murdered adults where there isn't an immediate call for money, so when there is, it raises concerns. Also, the choice of rather than a simple and easily done bank account for the benefit of the children... why? I've got to think most donors would prefer to give through a bank where the there would be some oversight. Why would the people that set it up not want to have the bank oversight?

They may well have all those things. I used the word "vitriol" and it was meant in terms of a reaction to a post applauding the fund-raising rather than toward the family.

I understand the concern over the immediate call for money and how it appears, I shared the same concerns initially, but set those aside when it was officially determined that no one from the family who would benefit from the proceeds had set up such accounts. Obviously there could have been better organization of fund-raising, but that's not what occurred and it was through no initiation of the family itself. To me, the implications have been explained sufficiently and it's really just a matter of choice for people to contribute anyway. Had there been no explanation of who set up the funds so quickly, or had it turned out to actually be the family itself, I may feel differently.

They may well have all those things. I used the word "vitriol" and it was meant in terms of a reaction to a post applauding the fund-raising rather than toward the family.

I understand the concern over the immediate call for money and how it appears, I shared the same concerns initially, but set those aside when it was officially determined that no one from the family who would benefit from the proceeds had set up such accounts. Obviously there could have been better organization of fund-raising, but that's not what occurred and it was through no initiation of the family itself. To me, the implications have been explained sufficiently and it's really just a matter of choice for people to contribute anyway. Had there been no explanation of who set up the funds so quickly, or had it turned out to actually be the family itself, I may feel differently.

As I recall, and perhaps someone can confirm, the original listed the husband as the creator.

No it was LS from the practice that created it.
IIRC LS wrote the intro/request. MS's name was under "created by".

It's interesting, though, that the "created by" name can be changed. As whomever created it is the one who can withdraw funds, I find it concerning that the name can be changed. I would think, if the website was interested in having any sort of controls, they wouldn't allow a change.

IIRC LS wrote the intro/request. MS's name was under "created by".

It's interesting, though, that the "created by" name can be changed. As whomever created it is the one who can withdraw funds, I find it concerning that the name can be changed. I would think, if the website was interested in having any sort of controls, they wouldn't allow a change.

I believe the original "created by" stated LS, they may have later changed it to MS but now it's another family member listed as the created by.

http://www.winknews.com/2015/07/01/new-details-in-murder-investigation-of-teresa-sievers/

"Family and friends have set up fundraising accounts. If you’d like to help, click here to donate to the ******** page. It was opened Monday by Sievers’ colleague Lenka Spiska, a licensed massage therapist and intuitologist"

ETA and I agree, there should be MUCH better controls

I believe the original "created by" stated LS, they may have later changed it to MS but now it's another family member listed as the created by.

http://www.winknews.com/2015/07/01/new-details-in-murder-investigation-of-teresa-sievers/

"Family and friends have set up fundraising accounts. If you’d like to help, click here to donate to the ******** page. It was opened Monday by Sievers’ colleague Lenka Spiska, a licensed massage therapist and intuitologist"

ETA and I agree, there should be MUCH better controls

"The online account at ********.com was opened June 29 by Sievers' husband, Mark Sievers, with an introduction by her colleague Lenka Spiska, a licensed massage therapist and intuitologist."

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...assist-family-of-murdered-estero-md/29562371/

The story changed after there was public questioning of the husband requesting a million dollars the day his wife was found murdered.

I don't think we can place any trust in any statement about who started it or who will ultimately get the money.

No it was LS from the practice that created it.
Something that came to mind...If English isn't your first language..and you come from another country (say...czech/polish) you may come from a background where money was hard to come by...so your FIRST response to protect the people you cared about would be to make sure they had money...because it was so important to you. I try to think...what was that person believing in that moment when they made that decision.

Jmo, but I am tired of all of the requests for money that spring up as soon as someone becomes a victim, or is found deceased. Just because the internet makes it easy does not make it right, Imo. I think some time should pass, see what the needs really are. Or just set up a general fund at a bank for those who choose to donate. Not all families of crime victims are destitute. The only time money should be collected right away, Imo, is if people will go hungry or lose their homes.

Anyway jmo...

"The online account at ********.com was opened June 29 by Sievers' husband, Mark Sievers, with an introduction by her colleague Lenka Spiska, a licensed massage therapist and intuitologist."

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...assist-family-of-murdered-estero-md/29562371/

The story changed after there was public questioning of the husband requesting a million dollars the day his wife was found murdered.

I don't think we can place any trust in any statement about who started it or who will ultimately get the money.

That may well be, and I understand the concern. I do know the location of the page has never changed since creation, it's always been Naples, FL from the beginning, which happens to be where LS lives ( I think?). Not confirmation for course, but just another aspect to ponder.

Something that came to mind...If English isn't your first language..and you come from another country (say...czech/polish) you may come from a background where money was hard to come by...so your FIRST response to protect the people you cared about would be to make sure they had money...because it was so important to you. I try to think...what was that person believing in that moment when they made that decision.
If so, not too intuitive on the intuologist's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy70