GUILTY FL - Dylan Thomas & 2 others for near-fatal beating of 17yo, Satellite Beach, 2015

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/teen-suspect-arrested-violent-crowbar-attack-be-ch/nkXzG/

One of three suspects charged in a violent attack in Satellite Beach will be prosecuted as an adult, the State Attorney's Office said. Dylan Thomas, 17, was transferred to the Brevard County Jail, where he'll be held with adults...

"The juvenile court is not adequate to handle an offense of this nature with the complexity of the alleged planning and preparation, and the carrying out of the attack," Assistant State Attorney Michael Hunt said...

Thomas is being held on a $1.1 million bond.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local...attack-satellite-beach-t/nkk6g/#__federated=1

According to the police report, Vukovich suffered multiple fractures to his right temple, and to the left side of his skull and a fracture below his nose and upper jaw. The newly-released documents said Vukovich told investigators at the hospital that he got his injuries from a “nasty spill” but later said he had no idea what happened...

Investigators said Vukovich had trouble with Dylan Thomas, 17, months before the attack. Thomas accused Vukovich of planning to rob him, police said. Thomas was suspended from Satellite Beach High School after a physical confrontation with Vukovich...

Investigators said surveillance video captured Gotay driving Thomas to the victim’s home on the morning he was attacked... Another camera captured images of a blue Ford Focus driving across Mathers Bridge. Investigators said the two people inside were Thomas and Umberger. They believe somewhere along their ride, Thomas disposed of the crowbar used to assault Vukovich.

okiegranny.......i always picture you in a dark, techie room sitting before a huge wall of lit monitors ala a scene from war games.....where you could be either collecting all these updates for us or launching missiles :floorlaugh:

what would we do without you? :D

:tyou:

seriously :)

Oh, no, Hon, I'm in my rocker on the front porch, knittin' and sleuthin' at the same time! Making some nice cozies for my missiles.

:drumroll:

Thank you, my Queen.

Oh, no, Hon, I'm in my rocker on the front porch, knittin' and sleuthin' at the same time! Making some nice cozies for my missiles.

:drumroll:

Thank you, my Queen.
rocker? cozies? :floorlaugh:

if you say so :D, i adore you anywoo :winkkiss:

if the last update on a thread is by you, i always know it's worth looking at.....

Selfie lands Florida crowbar attacker in jail
A Florida woman awaiting sentencing for her part in a vicious crowbar attack has been ordered back to jail because of a photo her sister posted online,reports CBS affiliate WKMG.

The snapshot shows Jessie Umberger and her sister Amber smiling into a mirror, but a Florida judge ruled yesterday that it violated the conditions of Umberger's release from jail.

(...)

Umberger was released from jail pending sentencing in July, but one of the conditions of her release was that she could not use smart phones or other computing devices. Prosecutors had said she and the other defendants used social media before and after the attack, boasting of their retribution against Vukovich.

(...)

Circuit Judge James Earp cited the photo Monday when he revoked Umberger's bond and sent her to the county jail until early July, when she will be sentenced.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/selfie-lands-florida-crowbar-attacker-in-jail/

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/crime/2015/02/19/pollice-investigating-crime-scene-in-satellite-beach/23662865

Seventeen-year-old Dylan Thomas, 18-year-old Jessie Umberger and 18-year-old Rebecca Gotay have all been charged with attempted first degree premeditated murder. All three were arrested Friday morning and are being held without bond.

The sheriff's office said the attack was in retaliation for the theft of marijuana and smoking paraphernalia. The suspects had been planning to kill Vukovich for several weeks.

The suspects' plans involved using a crowbar to kill the victim, contradicting earlier reports that Vukovich had been shot in the head. The sheriff's office said those reports of a shooting are erroneous. Vukovich remains in critical condition.

Ohhhh, OkieGranny, a crowbar??? How barbaric & cruel. SMH. Reading that took my breath away. It really did. Our mantra:

What is wrong with people?

Dammit.

Daniel Vukovich has recovered has recovered, according to the news article. That's great.

From July 2016:

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...girls-crowbar-case-sentenced-friday/86605010/

Circuit Judge James Earp sentenced Rebecca Gotay to seven years in prison followed by eight years of probation, the same sentence he imposed earlier for Jessica Umberger, for their part in last year’s crowbar attack...

Dylan Thomas was already sentenced to 10 years in prison for his part. He pleaded guilty to second-degree attempted murder. Umberger and Gotay pleaded guilty to aggravated battery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back