FL FL - Emilio Martinez-Rodriguez, 34, Tampa, 15 Dec 2010

My local ABC News just reported that the medical examiner confirms through x-rays that the body is that of Emilio. :(

yikes rip.....I had been looking on the local nes but it never updated.

Sleep peacefully Emillio.

Since the car appears to have been bleached, it is odd that it could be the lurking, ditch hiding, stranger.

No one mentioned he was carrying some bleach along with whatever weapon he used to force Emilio to get back into (or remain in) the car and drive away without making a fuss.

Going out on a limb, but I'm guessing a gun was involved, simply because Emilio didn't call out or struggle with the aggressor. A drawn gun would prevent you calling out for fear that the wife could be shot.

How large is their house?
I ask because when my DH has left on an errand for me I am usually awaiting his return with my goodies, and not always too patiently. I have never failed to be alerted to his return by the sound of the car pulling in. His wife didn't appear to hear him pulling in, or the car doors opening or closing, so they may live in a large house and grounds.

If I was becoming concerned, a call to local friends/family usually tells me where he became sidetracked. I can look out the window to see if he is outside, but his wife appears to have had to physically go outside, since she there found the food/groceries.

Not sure I'm ready to point to the wife at this point, but there seems to be some planning involved.

I can't help but feel this was a personal, planned attack on Emilio. If the truck was left and, I'm assuming, all other personal items weren't taken, I believe someone had it out for him. And the bleach makes me think it was premeditated.

If this turns out to be a random carjacking, then I believe something went HORRIBLY wrong that caused the perp to kill Emilio. That still leaves the bleach, though. Maybe the perp was keeping tabs on the truck and went back to douse the truck with bleach?

Poor Emilio and his family. May he RIP and may justice be swift.

MOO

according to the local paper, he was targeted and it is still an active investigation.

was wondering how investigation was going & found this article from a few days ago - quite a bit of info

Published: December 28, 2010
Updated: 12/28/2010 10:07 pm

<snip>

He was a man who once devoted his life to fun, but had, in the past two years, dedicated it to his family and to God.
Tampa Police are releasing few details, but spokeswoman Laura McElroy said later today that Martinez was not the victim of a random crime.

He "was targeted," said McElroy. "It was not a random act of violence. At this point, we have a very active investigation and have not charged anyone with this crime."
Martinez has no criminal record, though police have visited his home at 2125 Dallas Ave. in the past.

On Sept. 11, 2007, someone threw a "softball-sized piece of cement" through a window at the home, according to a police report. The couple told police they had no idea who did it. Three days later, the family reported a suspicious person in the area. Two years later, on July 29, 2009, a man claiming to be Kacee Martinez' ex-husband was banging on the door. Kacee Martinez, who had never been married before, told police the man was just a friend.

more here - including LE doesn't believe the 3 incidents above are related to his murder

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/dec/28/282207/hundreds-mourn-man-killed-after-going-out-for-food/

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/dec/28/282207/hundreds-mourn-man-killed-after-going-out-for-food/

"On Sept. 11, 2007, someone threw a "softball-sized piece of cement" through a window at the home, according to a police report. The couple told police they had no idea who did it. Three days later, the family reported a suspicious person in the area. Two years later, on July 29, 2009, a man claiming to be Kacee Martinez' ex-husband was banging on the door. Kacee Martinez, who had never been married before, told police the man was just a friend."

How totally odd....I wonder what was going on here...and I wonder why LE state that none of these previous incidents are related to his murder? It sounds like they have a POI at least. I'm confused.

RIP Emilio, hmmm very strange! My opinion is that this was a planned attack for a personal reason. I don't believe it was random robbery.

From July 2014:

http://www.tampagov.net/news/tampa-...photographs-items-taken-emilio-martinez-rodri

Tampa Police Detectives are releasing photographs of items taken from Emilio Martinez-Rodriguez. Emilio was wearing a Tag Heuer watch at the time of his disappearance. There are also Walter Hagen T3 golf clubs missing from his vehicle. The watch, golf clubs and Emilio&#8217;s wallet have not been recovered...

Emilio J. Martinez-Rodriguez was last seen on the evening of December 15, 2010 when he left his home on West Dallas Avenue in Tampa. He went to pickup groceries and takeout food at the China Moon Restaurant. Evidence found at the scene led detectives to believe that the victim returned to his residence and went missing from that location.

At approximately 7 p.m. on December 15, 2010, an unknown male subject wearing a black leather jacket with a white t-shirt underneath was seen walking in the victim&#8217;s yard from a ditch area that was located at the rear of the residence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back