FL - Ethan, 5, & Liliana Herrera, 4, found suffocated, East Naples, 24 Jan 2009

Okay, so lets assume they could both fit in the trunk. How long would they stay in there before they started freaking out? The trunk was lined with plywood, which means it was dark, perhaps very cramped. Once they realized they couldn't get out on their own, wouldn't they start yelling for help?

I'm bumping this because I refuse to let these little angels be forgotten.
I would love to see some sort of investigative report on the trunk and the likehood of fitting to children in it.

You bring up some very good points Kgeaux. I truly hope you are right. This is one of those storied where I want all the answers NOW. It just makes me feel so uneasy.

ETA: Maybe I'm beating a dead horse here but I'm still doing research on the likelyhood that these kids were that small, so far the only other story I could find that contains a 4 year old that is 24 inches tall speaks of primordial dwarfism.
http://littlekenadie.com/
http://www.wlox.com/global/story.asp?S=9615097

This is a photo of the children (These were in one of the links I posted earlier)

Thought I would post their pic. I dont think they look like they have dwarfism?

And i think that they could both get in with legs and arms wrapped around each other
How very sad is this straight after christmas
You can see this was taken at christmas Their Clothes the hair ribbon in the little girls hair

I could never get over something like this :(
picture.php

My children up to about six or seven years old (and they were of average size) could squeeze themselves into an end table that my mom had that had a cabinet door on it. They're limber at the age. I can see where they both would have fit into the box.

They are just precious aren't they Jane? :(

Oh Jane, that's a beautiful picture you found! They look so happy. This family must be devestated! God Bless them.

This is so sad. I let my daughter play in the house but when she is too quiet I am looking around for her. I mean she is never quiet unless she is sleep and she is 5. I don't know too many 5 year old kids that don't talk all day all night. So how did she not know where they were. and how long were they in the trunk??

This is so sad. I let my daughter play in the house but when she is too quiet I am looking around for her. I mean she is never quiet unless she is sleep and she is 5. I don't know too many 5 year old kids that don't talk all day all night. So how did she not know where they were. and how long were they in the trunk??

(My bold) That is the other part of my apparently excessive questioning of this case. I get the impression that people (not people here, people in the area where this occurred) are willing to just let this sleeping dog lye. I understand that there is a possibility that these two kids could have fit in the trunk, I just don't see them wanting to stay in there until they died.

This is a photo of the children (These were in one of the links I posted earlier)

Thought I would post their pic. I dont think they look like they have dwarfism?

And i think that they could both get in with legs and arms wrapped around each other
How very sad is this straight after christmas
You can see this was taken at christmas Their Clothes the hair ribbon in the little girls hair

I could never get over something like this :(
picture.php

Just to clarify: I am not saying these children had dwarfism, I am saying that is the only information I could find on a child of that age being that size.

I cant find any more news on these two beautiful children

:(

I'd like to know more, too, Jane. Weren't they the cutest little people ever?

Bumping! I can't find any update on these two angels. It's been a month. When will we hear something?

Maybe someone should write an email to the news stations asking for an update?

I'm late on this thread, but I just wanted to add a bit of info on the height issue. My 3-and-a-half year old son has growth problems, and is currently 37 inches tall. He is not on the growth charts for his age. Never has been actually, he was a severe IUGR baby, he has been very far behind in size since my 17th week of pregnancy. I can't imagine a 5-year-old boy being the same height as my tiny 3-and-a-half year old, growth problems or not. Same with the little girl, 24 inches at 4 years old just doesn't sound right.

It's been a while now, I am assuming they ruled this an accident. Tragic for the family. Continued prayers for all.

We have those plastic under the bed storage boxes, and my husband ended up drilling holes in the lid because one of the kids liked to get inside and pull the lid on.

bumping.....

I can't find anything more. Can I assume it was determined to be a tragic accident?

bumping.....

I can't find anything more. Can I assume it was determined to be a tragic accident?

I have come to the conclusion that it must have been ruled a tragic accident too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back