FL - Five killed, 8 wounded in shooting at Fort Lauderdale Airport, 6 Jan 2017

Local news is reporting that the local sheriff's office is still leading the investigation, so unless or until the FBI takes over, this is not considered terror related.

Authorities are saying early indications are this is a local event rather than terrorism.

I was really worried the other day when the national computer system for customs and immigration failed that it was a hack designed to let terrorists in. Not saying that it had anything at all to do with this incident, but it seems so ubiquitous lately that we can't help but jump to the terrorist conclusion. So sad.

I believe Congress denied the ability to put known people with issues on the no fly list

Something new happening now! In the Parking Garage!

I was really worried the other day when the national computer system for customs and immigration failed that it was a hack designed to let terrorists in. Not saying that it had anything at all to do with this incident, but it seems so ubiquitous lately that we can't help but jump to the terrorist conclusion. So sad.

I believe Congress denied the ability to put known people with issues on the no fly list

I'm dropping my hubby off now at the airport because he has a triple FLL overnight trip. He is a captain and can only say this is so troubling, for so many reasons. He knows he will have many anxious flyers on his planes this weekend because of this. Prayers to all victims.

ok people running again out onto the tarmac? what the hell is going on?

They just ordered everyone in the airport down on the floor again................ More shots fired in the parking garage .

Omg terminal 1 passengers are running out of the airport now.

Earlier shooting was terminal 2.

But there may be so many newbies and others that are established and not known to us.

I'm dropping my hubby off now at the airport because he has a triple FLL overnight trip. He is a captain and can only say this is so troubling, for so many reasons. He knows he will have many anxious flyers on his planes this weekend because of this. Prayers to all victims.

From one terrified flyer to your amazing pilot husband (and you) I wish a safe & uneventful flight :grouphug:

Those people on the tarmac are lucky this happened in Florida and not in Minnesota, Ohio, or Chicago.....................Brrrrrrrrr ! would be miserably cold out there on that concrete.

Detroit, too. DTW is a major Delta hub. Air France, KLM. Single digit wind chills today.

Watching Fox News:
More shots fired in parking garage according to live interview with a man on phone on Fox news. People were told to get down on the ground (including the man on the phone) and we saw live video of police running with guns. Very scary.

You cant. No matter where they create the security line there will always be a group of people waiting to get in.

When Brussels was able to reopen they had everyone checking into security outside the airport in the cold,rainy weather.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back