GUILTY FL - Five teens for video beating of 16yo girl, Highland City, 2008

I swear if my daughter was involved with something like this I promise you when I came to get her from the police station I would be carrying a belt with all intentions on using it I dont care how old she was.

Same here!They sure don't look scared in their booking photos at all.
My kids would be shaking in their shoes and crying and begging not to call mom and dad.

Grrr those doggone kids :furious: I sure hope they get the max sentence for this and I hope they send them to seperate prisons or at least keep them seperated see how funny doing jail time will be without your buddy next to you.

The motive was to make a video that would become popular on youtube.com.
I hope this is a quick passing phase among the young people.

Where's the brains in this mess? Obviously the "gang" doesn't have any. Maybe jail will help educate them, mom and dad don't seem to be able too.

Stuff like this always makes me really upset. When I was a teen I was picked on a lot, and once a whole gang of girls planned it and 'jumped' me at a park one evening(they knew I hung out there), and they had a huge crowd waiting to watch it. I didn't stand a chance.
Teens are insane(and it wasn't that long ago that I was one). Mob mentality rules them.

OMG! I have three daughters and this scares me! Let's see how tough these little girls are in prison!

OMG! I have three daughters and this scares me! Let's see how tough these little girls are in prison!

lol good point. these are spoiled little rich teenagers. (according to cops on the today show, they joked AFTER they were in custody that they'd have to cancel their FL spring break, and asked in all seriousness if they'd be out in time to make cheerleading practice!!)

i know girls like this who've served time. they think they're tough and can handle anything, and get their asses whipped in jail.

oh well. karma.

I saw the clips of the beating on the Today show. It made me sick to my stomach. Whatever Victoria did, she or no one for that matter deserves to be beat like that. She didn't stand a chance. I think one of the mothers of the girls that is being charged in the beating was also talking about how Victoria made comments about some of the girls on her MY Space, but couldn't back them up. I REALLY hope that she was not defending her daughters actions.

Don't we have a thread somewhere, "My Space Our Heartache"? It sure is.
I hope those kids go to jail, they belong there.

Don't we have a thread somewhere, "My Space Our Heartache"? It sure is.
I hope those kids go to jail, they belong there.

It's so sad that one of the bully girls couldn'y say, "Stop. This is way over the top." and then there could have been a whole different scenario because the group might have slowed down or stopped. That would have taken real courage but of course it's fantasy. Herd mentality is so important when you're a teenager. I wonder if an ethics class could be taught in school as part of the curriculum and if it would help. Notice I am not saying religious dogma but the subject matter would be confined to humanitarian behavior, mutual respect and caring for the safety of their peers and family.Real specific examples of risky/shady behavior, anger, and the consequences of such behavior as guilt feelings, (hopefully for some), public exposure, and incarceration would be offered for discssion. This course would not solve the entire problem, but it could encourage more thoughtful decision making.

Again where I lived. I am waiting for my daughter to wake up to show her. This is horrible I always tell her to be careful cause I know some kids are capable of some terrible things

This scares me to death... My daughter vents and publishes all her emotions/angers/heartache, etc. on my space. I've warned and warned and warned. She's over 18 and doesn't live at home anymore - so me begging, pleading, scaring, warning, screaming does me no good. I try to tell her that the my space antics is just a volcano waiting to erupt. I hate myspace. I truly do.

I've lived through 2 teenage girls. Boys have to be easier. They just have to be. Now I have a grand DAUGHTER. I guess my worries will just never end. I can't imagine what teenage years will be like for her. She's 1 and 1/2 now. I'll have to be on meds when she reaches 13, 14, 15, 16.

Talk about "mean girls". It is a miracle for all involved Victoria wasn't killed.

As awful as the girls were, though, the mom defending her daughter is what shocks me the most. No wonder her child is vicious. She had no empathy for her daughter's victim at all.

It's so sad that one of the bully girls couldn'y say, "Stop. This is way over the top." and then there could have been a whole different scenario because the group might have slowed down or stopped. That would have taken real courage but of course it's fantasy. Herd mentality is so important when you're a teenager. I wonder if an ethics class could be taught in school as part of the curriculum and if it would help. Notice I am not saying religious dogma but the subject matter would be confined to humanitarian behavior, mutual respect and caring for the safety of their peers and family.Real specific examples of risky/shady behavior, anger, and the consequences of such behavior as guilt feelings, (hopefully for some), public exposure, and incarceration would be offered for discssion. This course would not solve the entire problem, but it could encourage more thoughtful decision making.

They do have workshops here about online safety, cyber bullying and networking safely at the schools where I live. The problem is that if parents don't start to pay attention and monitor what their kids are up to then this idiocy will continue.
Our schools do get involved with the online stuff even though it happens at home and have been known to call police when these stupid kids go overboard.

This whole story really bothers me.

might be in one of the articles, but our news reported that these juvenile delinquents were smirking after and making smart cracks about being in custody. Things like oh well I guess we can't go to cheerleading.
I can tell you if this happened here in the OC where I live, these girls would all be facing enhanced, felony assault and battery charges. the enhancement would be using a deadly weapon aka their fists. If any of them kicked their feet would also be a weapon. This would not go away I promise you that. I hope these girls have to pay big time for this. So disturbing.

I hope these little b*tches have to pay for this for a very long time. As well as serious punishment, they should be forced to do something that they find completely humiliating in from of all of the peers...

I hope these little b*tches have to pay for this for a very long time. As well as serious punishment, they should be forced to do something that they find completely humiliating in from of all of the peers...
In addition to felony assault and battery there is a kidnapping charge.

Sick! sick! Sick! & so Sad, that the parents are no better.
What is our society coming to?:eek:

"Waiting to hear from the school district if these girls are kicked out of school, and waiting on the legal system as well", per NG tonight.

"They are going to look at the damage of victim, and see about the medical problems are as well".
The sherriff reporting on NG referred to this as pack mentality.
Each of the girls were laughing and joking in jail. Well, they won't be laughing in court will they??

I hope the parent of this vic, sues their butts off!! after all 6 get years behind bars, and this permanently on their record and not expunged. How stupid can you be to throw your life away over someone saying something on Myspace??

The internet has become fair game to anyone who wants to pursue, vent, victimize, stalk and murder innocent victims.

I read in the newspaper that Victoria will now be homeschooled.

I saw one of the mothers defending their daughter's actions on TV the other night.

Are you kidding me? And there were guys there, too, serving as "lookouts".

:mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back